Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New refrigerators filled with food for purchase at various admirals clubs

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New refrigerators filled with food for purchase at various admirals clubs

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2021, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by boerne
starting in 2023 that will no longer be true. Thats when AMEX stops allowing guests with the primary platinum card holder. While centurion clubs are better than ACs, at least I can bring the family in to an Admirals Club. Also no time limit.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2021/04/09/...ges-from-2023/
Well you can......you just have to have a pretty significant annual spend on the Plat card.
Old Apr 22, 2021, 11:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Well you can......you just have to have a pretty significant annual spend on the Plat card.
Or spend $175 for the authorized users.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
That all seems OT. UA is already adjusting the UC guest policy for *A guests effective 5/1, and I presume will do so in due course for UC members. AA & DL, and AS will all follow. But, the guest issue is not really part of the fridge issue.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:24 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
I guess I will be one of the lone, i was thrilled to see this. It was nice to be able to grab something to take on plane and if you are short on time, I have often just gone into AC to use the restroom and grab a quick rice crispy or whtever they had before but no real time to order food from them, so this, for me, was a great alternate option.
onanisland and Often1 like this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:29 am

Programs: AA GLD, AC
Originally Posted by smartytravel
This would be unheard of among reputable airlines.

the cheapness of US based airlines is hair raising.
I was going to say - you have to pay to get a Diet Coke at an Admirals Club now??? It's been a few years since I had AA status, but if you have to pay for everything, what's the point of the lounge? I expect alcoholic beverages to not be free in the US because of stupid American reasons, but any time I've been in an airport lounge of any stripe, soft drinks and the food offerings have been complimentary.

If you have to pay for everything, why not just go to the Hudson News?
Old Apr 23, 2021, 10:34 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by M60_to_LGA
I expect alcoholic beverages to not be free in the US because of stupid American reasons, but any time I've been in an airport lounge of any stripe, soft drinks and the food offerings have been complimentary.
They still are.

Free sody pop is one benefit. There are others.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
I don't share the outrage here. Most of these items were previously available for sale from the bar - now they are in the fridge with perhaps a little bigger selection. All bottled beverages were always for sale in the AC.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:33 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I was going to say - you have to pay to get a Diet Coke at an Admirals Club now??? It's been a few years since I had AA status, but if you have to pay for everything, what's the point of the lounge? I expect alcoholic beverages to not be free in the US because of stupid American reasons, but any time I've been in an airport lounge of any stripe, soft drinks and the food offerings have been complimentary.

This issue has been raised twice in this thread and in each case it has been expressly pointed out that the drinks remain free at the bar or from a dispenser.

AA now sells from a machine what it used to sell from behind the bar.

There is nothing cheap or odd or disgraceful. At absolute worst, there are those who want a fully staffed bar at all times, including when alcohol service may be prohibited by local law or be minimal, but that is a matter of preference and not a reason to complain.
LovePrunes likes this.
Old Apr 23, 2021, 11:36 am

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
So long as the paid 'to go' options don't diminish the complimentary offerings, I think this is fine and something I might find useful, particularly if flying coach.
LovePrunes, EdofFX and miadukes like this.
Old Apr 24, 2021, 10:02 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
I was in the AA Club at DCA Term C on Thursday morning. The food is completely back to normal. All food offerings for breakfast are available - just that they are in separate plastic containers - the hard broiled egg is in a individual container - plus they had the standard bagels, fresh fruit, yogurt, oatmeal, etc - plus they had the avocado toast station. The bar attendant serves water, tea, etc. But the coffee machine is still self service.

Other than the individual wrapping - I would not have known there was ever any changes. My first flight in 13.5 months.

AA domestic First was same as in the past - just the masks on flight to Florida - they served drinks of your choice plus the snack basket.
Old May 2, 2022, 6:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Looks like they’ve been updating the available selections…this is what they have at clt right now

Old May 2, 2022, 7:04 pm

I've always been suspicious of a label that says "made fresh daily" without an accompanying sticker indicating the exact date it was made. Food can be "made fresh" each day, and then sit in the refrigerator for days at a time until it sells.
Old May 2, 2022, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dc10forlife
I've always been suspicious of a label that says "made fresh daily" without an accompanying sticker indicating the exact date it was made. Food can be "made fresh" each day, and then sit in the refrigerator for days at a time until it sells.
They do have a “Fresh Through “ date on the label.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.