Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Any potential they extend status again in '21?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any potential they extend status again in '21?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2021, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
I think the trip option is doable, it is just a TATL in discounted J or PE....
Old Jul 14, 2021, 1:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Marriott Titanium, Lifetime Marriott Platinum
Yes you’re right July 15th to November 15th.
jtc246 likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 1:17 pm
hmv

For those on the European side of the Atlantic and looking for a good deal to renew status: BA/IB has quite some interesting fares both in Business and Premium Eco. Just booked myself on a BA A350 business roundtrip AMS-LHR-ORD for 1270 euro, but also saw 960 to LAX in Premium Eco which would tip you over the 2000 EQD limit.
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by hmv
For those on the European side of the Atlantic and looking for a good deal to renew status: BA/IB has quite some interesting fares both in Business and Premium Eco. Just booked myself on a BA A350 business roundtrip AMS-LHR-ORD for 1270 euro, but also saw 960 to LAX in Premium Eco which would tip you over the 2000 EQD limit.
All they have to do is book an immediate turn, sneak into the two outbound flights, and fly back their pre-booked deportation flight in J, earning all the miles, easy peasy...
Old Jul 15, 2021, 2:51 pm

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by hmv
yeah it’s great if they’d actually let you into the country…. Oh, wait 🙄
Old Jul 15, 2021, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by nk15
All they have to do is book an immediate turn, sneak into the two outbound flights, and fly back their pre-booked deportation flight in J, earning all the miles, easy peasy...
Originally Posted by Donsyb
yeah it’s great if they’d actually let you into the country…. Oh, wait 🙄
There are US citizens who live in Europe.
Brandinho1 likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2021, 3:18 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead
There are US citizens who live in Europe.
that’s not what the post said though….
Old Jul 18, 2021, 1:11 pm
hmv

Originally Posted by nk15
Actually had to add that my flight is scheduled for November, just after Thanksgiving, and read yesterday that the Biden administration will come with a re-opening annoucement early next week.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 3:06 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by hmv
Saw couple of BCN-SFO BA PE at $750 or so. Probably not wise idea for Americans to reposition to BCN to jump on this cheap run (I need $2300 EQD to become platinum pro). I’m confident BA/IB will throw other round of good J/PE deals from USA to Europe for fall travel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.