FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2035528-archive-ticket-award-status-hold-request-pending-purchased-ticketed.html)

abitlost Jun 4, 2015 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 24919441)
This is something I'm not used to with AA (award or rev ticket). US ticketed stuff almost immediately. AA, with supposedly a much more advanced system, can't seem to ticket quickly.

Agreed. The phone booking conversations with US could be bizarro, though sometimes fun when not maddening, but I appreciated that things were set once one hung up the phone. I just got ticketed for my 10AM EST departure tomorrow at 2:10 EST and am happy to be able to worry less. To AA's credit, I didn't take the reservation off hold until last night, so it was a pretty quick turnaround compared to others' experiences. Although CX OLCI won't work for me, so we'll see.

skunker Jun 4, 2015 10:01 pm

AA used to be very quick. I've never had to wait more than a couple hours to get the confirmation email and they usually came within a few minutes. That goes for partners as well as AA flights.

My recent experience is an anomaly for me, but seems to be turning into the new standard.

Dave Noble Jun 4, 2015 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by skunker (Post 24921694)
AA used to be very quick. I've never had to wait more than a couple hours to get the confirmation email and they usually came within a few minutes. That goes for partners as well as AA flights.

Definitely not my experience. Number of times that I have had an easy ticketing experience with AA is outnumbered by times where I have needed to follow up

It is a real shame that US"s speed of ticket issuance and ease of use of non American credit cards did not carry over to the merged entity

JDiver Jun 5, 2015 8:33 am

Originally Posted by Superguy (Post 24919441)
This is something I'm not used to with AA (award or rev ticket). US ticketed stuff almost immediately. AA, with supposedly a much more advanced system, can't seem to ticket quickly.

Sabre a "more advanced system"? I hope nobody's claiming that. ;)

Prior to bankruptcy, AA was seeking to update to the proposed HP JetStream.

dagaetch Jun 5, 2015 9:45 am

is anyone else having trouble with the AA website? I had an award ticketed (I think) a week ago, but I can't pull it up on the website. When I put it into Manage My Trip, or click through from My Trips, I get "Notice: We are experiencing technical difficulties and are unable to display your reservation at this time. Please try again."

On the My Reservations page, it shows up as "Ticketed on 05/29/15", so I think I'm okay, I just like reviewing everything.

Superguy Jun 5, 2015 10:53 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 24923555)
Sabre a "more advanced system"? I hope nobody's claiming that. ;)

Prior to bankruptcy, AA was seeking to update to the proposed HP JetStream.

Compared to SHARES ... :D

Granted, I know all of those software packages are antiquated relics that have been kludged to be somewhat modern, but some are worse than others still. :D

Superguy Jun 5, 2015 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 24921737)
Definitely not my experience. Number of times that I have had an easy ticketing experience with AA is outnumbered by times where I have needed to follow up

It is a real shame that US"s speed of ticket issuance and ease of use of non American credit cards did not carry over to the merged entity

Agreed. I'm relatively new to the AA side of things, but I've had to babysit my reservations made thru AA much more than US.

My most recent ticket I booked over the last couple days thru AA was a nightmare. My company just switched CCs and there was an issue with the card (my first purchase since changing) that caused it to decline. US wouldn't have accepted the reservation until valid payment was presented. AA made the reservation and stuck it as "on request." I waited several hours as I figured the US segments triggered the "verification" and finally called in to see what was up. AA told me the card was declined.

Since I booked the ticket in the morning and didn't find out until after 4pm, I ended up wasting a lot of time. By then, my boss was gone for the day and it took more time to resolve. Under US's system, I would have found the issue immediately and been able to get it fixed right then when he was around.

The fact that AA didn't even notify me there was a problem was very annoying too. Even after we got the issue straightened out, I had to call in, give them all the info AGAIN, and then wait for them to run it. It wasn't instant - it still took another 4 hours to ticket after I called in.

If I hadn't followed up, I probably still wouldn't have a ticket.

Interestingly enough, I called in to buy up to a premium cabin on my own dime and that ticketed within an hour. :rolleyes:

startpacking Jun 6, 2015 7:58 pm

An update to my ticketing chaos......I finally got my PNR ticketed. It only took 12 days - yep, 12 days, that's not a typo. AA really needs a more efficient ticketing system.

ItsAllRelative Jun 6, 2015 8:39 pm

Took 24 days to get my itinerary ticketed (called on 4/29 to redeem award ticket, 5/13 finally took the miles out of my account, but didn't get my credit card charged and ticket issued until 5/23). Took 5 calls spanning 85 phone minutes over the course of the month to chase down the ticketing. Someone try to beat that!

Superguy Jun 8, 2015 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by ItsAllRelative (Post 24930559)
Took 24 days to get my itinerary ticketed (called on 4/29 to redeem award ticket, 5/13 finally took the miles out of my account, but didn't get my credit card charged and ticket issued until 5/23). Took 5 calls spanning 85 phone minutes over the course of the month to chase down the ticketing. Someone try to beat that!

I can't speak for others, but I'm certainly content with you holding that record. :D

Red259 Jun 11, 2015 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by ItsAllRelative (Post 24930559)

I've had fairly decent luck getting ticketed within a few hours. However, I have one flight on request that I booked 15 hours ago. Then another that I just booked which ticketed within two hours. I guess the first one is taking longer because it has a stop over in vancover so maybe more to check there with people coming on and off plane.

tungsten79 Jun 15, 2015 7:45 am

AA Award Etihad - On Request for almost 3 days now!

Hi all,

Booked award travel in business using AA miles from SYD-NYC about three days ago. Still showing 'On Request' on the AA website.

Should I call in to check? I searched the forums, and I found some answers from 2011, but nothign super recent.

Thanks

JY1024 Jun 15, 2015 7:54 am

Generally, partner liaisons don't work weekends, so if your reservation entered the review queue at the end of last week, they'll likely get to it early this week. The "on request" -> "ticketed" time varies greatly from liaison to liaison and depends on how deep their backlog is. (A major weather event will often wreck havoc on their backlogs.)

If it'll give you peace of mind, definitely give AA a call - can't hurt. Just ask them to confirm that everything still looks okay and that it's simply awaiting review from the Etihad rep. :)

Merlinrnr Jun 15, 2015 8:15 am

AA awards have been taking longer than usual to ticket recently. Sometimes up to a week. As long as it still says "on request" you should be ok.

Red259 Jun 15, 2015 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Merlinrnr (Post 24972470)
AA awards have been taking longer than usual to ticket recently. Sometimes up to a week. As long as it still says "on request" you should be ok.

I'd call in after 72 hours. I waited a few days and my ticket was still on request. Normally I would be inclined to wait, but in this situation I needed the ticket for my visa application. I called in and apparently there was some sort of problem where the miles were not getting pulled from my account, so even though the airline had looked at the order and approved it, it was not going to ticket at all because of the glitch. Maybe they would have fixed it on their own down the line, but I wouldn't trust the airline to catch that on their own and it took an hour on the phone with them to straighten out. My other flight ticketed within a few hours.