FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2035528-archive-ticket-award-status-hold-request-pending-purchased-ticketed.html)

cova Jul 23, 2015 8:03 pm

It should ticket in 48 hours. If not then call and find out what the issue is.

If it included some partner flights (like QF) sometimes you need to call as the secure flight info doesn't always transfer and QF won't ticket. But this appears to be all domestic with US/AA.

Merlinrnr Jul 23, 2015 8:19 pm

It's been taking longer to ticket recently. Sometimes 4-5 days. I would call after 2 days just to make sure everything is ok.

JDiver Jul 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Quite normal, unfortunately. The tickets are queued up based on how long it is to flight date; less time, faster processing. A few days isn't completely unexpected for flights out a couple of months.

We've merged the question into the extant thread, now covering purchased and award tickets (similar process, though the purchased tickets seem quicker and don't go via liaison route for partners).

Azulcactus Jul 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by Azulcactus (Post 25157774)
This is an eVoucher (evouchers.aa.com), I got it via email originally from AA (customer service iirops issue complaint) and I typed in the number and PIN on the payment screen on AA.com as a form of payment. It's not one of the old paper vouchers you have to send to Milton, I'm pretty certain I don't have to mail anything in this case.

Pinged AA on Twitter and it was ticketed 1 hour later. Whatever works I suppose!

benjahman Jul 28, 2015 10:16 am

I DM'd AA on Twitter and the response was "We see your reservation is confirmed, benjahman. It will get ticketed closer to the travel dates. If you have any questions, please call our AAdvantage Team at 800-433-8300"

Still "On Request" and I'm certain it will work out in the end, but it's amazing they can't process these any faster.

crazyarmadillo Jul 28, 2015 10:21 am

same here - the twiiter team responded within 30 mins saying it will take a few days. That was 5 days ago.

Shame not all AA systems are as good as the twitter team.

limeyx Jul 28, 2015 11:12 am

Originally Posted by crazyarmadillo (Post 25185152)
same here - the twiiter team responded within 30 mins saying it will take a few days. That was 5 days ago.

Shame not all AA systems are as good as the twitter team.

Similar situation here. Made a change to a tickted res on July 15th ... still "Pending" .. Called up and they just said "since its now a manual change it will take 'a while'"

philemer Jul 29, 2015 7:57 pm

4+ days to ticket an intl. award rez. Unusual?

This seems a bit unusual. I made a US>Europe Bus. class award rez. on Sat. and it still isn't ticketed/finalized yet. I called today and the rep. said it was because it involves 3 airlines (AA, BA & AS). I'm using AA miles. Reasonable?

Happy Jul 30, 2015 12:32 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 25193535)
This seems a bit unusual. I made a US>Europe Bus. class award rez. on Sat. and it still isn't ticketed/finalized yet. I called today and the rep. said it was because it involves 3 airlines (AA, BA & AS). I'm using AA miles. Reasonable?

No.

AA is completely mucked up in the ticketing process which has never been this long in the past.

The phone system is also horrendous for weeks if not months.

There is no reason why customers have to resort to twitter in order to just get normal stuff to take care of.

RMINIONE Jul 30, 2015 4:33 am

Credit card question - trying to pay tax

I never tried to use the AA site to book an award (US flyers). My wife is overseas right now so she asked me to book her a flight. So I signed into her AA account, found the flights and started the booking process. All went well until the payment section. When I put in my credit card information, the sale was rejected because the name of the account user and credit card were not the same. This was not an issue with the US booking site. I put the reservation on hold, do I have to call in to book this?

RogerD408 Jul 30, 2015 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 25194240)
No.

AA is completely mucked up in the ticketing process which has never been this long in the past.

The phone system is also horrendous for weeks if not months.

There is no reason why customers have to resort to twitter in order to just get normal stuff to take care of.

Tools do evolve over the course of time. Refusing to use one that proves to get results will not increase your chances of getting your issue resolved.

Twitter is not the solution for all of AA's problems, but it does appear to be a good avenue to get a real-person response to your request today. Once they figure out how to automate that, we will probably be back to the nonsensical replies like we get with emails.

philemer Jul 30, 2015 9:08 am

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 25193535)

Sent a twitter a bit ago (5 days now) and they said it's "in the queue" and they'll try to get it ticketed soon. I'm guessing the AS leg may be causing the delay because the BA leg is showing as ticketed on BA.COM Just a guess though.

gfunkdave Jul 30, 2015 9:22 am

As an update, I messaged AA on Twitter and was told to call Reservations. I called Reservations, they put me on hold a few times, and told me it should ticket that day. When I saw I had a missed call from them, I called back. Spent 30 mins on hold and the rep told me that my SecureFlight info was missing, yet he said it clearly showed in my reservation. He put me on hold a few more times again and told me that everything had been cleared up. Half an hour later I got an email with the final ticketing info.

It's the hardest time I've had with an AAward ticket!

philemer Jul 30, 2015 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by philemer (Post 25195826)
Sent a twitter a bit ago (5 days now) and they said it's "in the queue" and they'll try to get it ticketed soon. I'm guessing the AS leg may be causing the delay because the BA leg is showing as ticketed on BA.COM Just a guess though.

Twitter works. I got a confirmation email that the flts had been ticketed about 1.5 hrs after the tweet. :) Could be a coincidence...hmmm.

Aspirant Aug 2, 2015 8:26 am

I have an AA award on EY in F that ticketed - JFK-AUH-BOM-AUH-JFK. Weeks later I added ORD to the front and end of it and they refunded my miles for the award to re-issue. 12 days later, the award still shows as "On Request". Via Twitter, AA said everything looks fine and it will be ticketed shortly but that was a few days ago and I'm starting to get concerned. I know how stingy EY has become with their F awards since the bonanza a few months ago. I do have an EY PNR and all of the legs show up there except, oddly, the LGA-ORD leg.