FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2035528-archive-ticket-award-status-hold-request-pending-purchased-ticketed.html)

UALowlySilver Jul 22, 2015 8:13 am

Don't normally fly AA. booked an award ticket on 5/25 for travel in November 2015, was ticketed within a few days. Miles and taxes deducted. two weeks ago, when i checked my reservations, it showed 'On Request' - called AA on 7/12, said its because of schedule change ticket needs to be re-issued, I should get a confirmation within 2-24 hours. Nada. called AA again on 7/15, different agent, same answer - should be ticketed within 2-24 hours. still nothing. Called back on 7/20, i was told it is in a queue, and agent does not know how long it will take. Not priority since travel is in November. When i pressed for an approximate date, she said to call back in 2 weeks.

Is this normal for AA? I don't fly much, and that only mostly through *A, and my reservations, award or revenue, typically are confirmed within a few hours. Even changes to schedule/flights get fixed after a quick call - regardless of how far away the travel date is.

TechieTravels Jul 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Originally Posted by UALowlySilver (Post 25155212)
Don't normally fly AA. booked an award ticket on 5/25 for travel in November 2015, was ticketed within a few days. Miles and taxes deducted. two weeks ago, when i checked my reservations, it showed 'On Request' - called AA on 7/12, said its because of schedule change ticket needs to be re-issued, I should get a confirmation within 2-24 hours. Nada. called AA again on 7/15, different agent, same answer - should be ticketed within 2-24 hours. still nothing. Called back on 7/20, i was told it is in a queue, and agent does not know how long it will take. Not priority since travel is in November. When i pressed for an approximate date, she said to call back in 2 weeks.

Is this normal for AA? I don't fly much, and that only mostly through *A, and my reservations, award or revenue, typically are confirmed within a few hours. Even changes to schedule/flights get fixed after a quick call - regardless of how far away the travel date is.

I've got the same thing going on. Flight had a schedule change and went from "Ticketed" to "On Request". Waited a week with no change and called them up and got the same "it's in the queue" response and that I should expect an email in 24-48 hours with the updated itinerary. Waited another 2 weeks with no change. Contacted AA via twitter and they told me that the US to AA conversions have priority and that it will take longer than usual. My flight is Oct 19 - 2 days after the switch over.

mach92 Jul 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Today I called for the 7th time to get an award ticket "ticketed" vs pending. I travel Friday the 24th at 6am DFW LGA JFK HKG in F. Never had this happen before and it seems I can't get this ticketed. I booked this 7 days ago now.

The last agent today was very helpful. He had international ticketing come on the line. She promised it would be done within one hour. 8 hours later not done. I am at a brick wall here. All I can see now is showing up Friday at DFW and someone not letting me check in.

Help! Anyone have any advice or email or contact inside AA?

I've flown 2.9MM on AA never had this problem ever.

Thanks
Frustrated in DFW

RogerD408 Jul 22, 2015 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by mach92 (Post 25157038)
Today I called for the 7th time to get an award ticket "ticketed" vs pending. I travel Friday the 24th at 6am DFW LGA JFK HKG in F. Never had this happen before and it seems I can't get this ticketed. I booked this 7 days ago now.

The last agent today was very helpful. He had international ticketing come on the line. She promised it would be done within one hour. 8 hours later not done. I am at a brick wall here. All I can see now is showing up Friday at DFW and someone not letting me check in.

Thanks
Frustrated in DFW

The Twitter team seems to have contacts that might help. Try a DM to @AmericanAir and see what resources they can muster to help.

JY1024 Jul 22, 2015 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by mach92 (Post 25157038)

Thanks
Frustrated in DFW

Guessing this is Cathay? The liaison for CX in theory works through the backlog based on date of travel...but it would seem like yours would be at the top of the list since you're flying out in a few days.

I've had to wait about a week in the past to get a CX award ticketed, but that was for travel that was months away.

I like the Twitter idea. This is obviously AA's problem - but unfortunately they're at the mercy of the partner liasons who just approve the award tickets.

mach92 Jul 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Correct AA to LGA then Cathay 831 to HKG

I've flown CX countless times on awards tickets never had this happen.

I will hit twitter when I land.

Thanks

Originally Posted by JY1024 (Post 25157082)
Guessing this is Cathay? The liaison for CX in theory works through the backlog based on date of travel...but it would seem like yours would be at the top of the list since you're flying out in a few days.

I've had to wait about a week in the past to get a CX award ticketed, but that was for travel that was months away.

I like the Twitter idea. This is obviously AA's problem - but unfortunately they're at the mercy of the partner liasons who just approve the award tickets.

RogerD408 Jul 22, 2015 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by mach92 (Post 25157126)
Correct AA to LGA then Cathay 831 to HKG

I've flown CX countless times on awards tickets never had this happen.

I will hit twitter when I land.

Thanks

If you are on GoGo now, I'd suggest doing the tweet sooner than later. At least get them looking at it.

mach92 Jul 22, 2015 2:18 pm

Just sent them a message via Twitter!

Will keep you posted!

Have to love GOGO!

benjahman Jul 22, 2015 2:42 pm

I've had a CX ticket (MNL-JFK via HKG in Biz/First) via AA awards "On Request" for 7 days now. Seems like this queue is absurdly long. Can't understand why AA can't get their sh$t together. Booked a United award ticket last week and was instantly ticketed.

mach92 Jul 22, 2015 3:03 pm

A very big shout out and thank you to AA's twitter team!

10 minutes after I contacted them via DM @ twitter, my pending status (7days) to Hong Kong was in fact now ticketed.

Thanks for the idea to go this route. It worked ^

RogerD408 Jul 22, 2015 3:45 pm

Originally Posted by benjahman (Post 25157302)
I've had a CX ticket (MNL-JFK via HKG in Biz/First) via AA awards "On Request" for 7 days now. Seems like this queue is absurdly long. Can't understand why AA can't get their sh$t together. Booked a United award ticket last week and was instantly ticketed.

You might try sending at tweet to @AmericanAir. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25157371-post114.html just did it and got a resolution in 10 minutes! Worth a try.

JY1024 Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm

^ Great to see that things worked out!

(But :td: that we have to resort to Twitter to get basic partner award ticketing done.)

Azulcactus Jul 22, 2015 3:49 pm

In a similar situation but for using some eVouchers for payment (it's not an award booking). Ticket Pending for a few days (travel is in 2 months) I called and was told "it's in the backlog to process for eVouchers, check back in 2 weeks".

Sort of anxious to get it ticketed so I can then upgrade it to business.

Anybody else have experience with time to ticket eVoucher payment methods?

RogerD408 Jul 22, 2015 4:15 pm

Originally Posted by Azulcactus (Post 25157619)
In a similar situation but for using some eVouchers for payment (it's not an award booking). Ticket Pending for a few days (travel is in 2 months) I called and was told "it's in the backlog to process for eVouchers, check back in 2 weeks".

Sort of anxious to get it ticketed so I can then upgrade it to business.

Anybody else have experience with time to ticket eVoucher payment methods?

When the processing was at Milton, they seemed to be on top of everything. The new office appears to have some problems. As long as your envelope had your first travel date listed it should happen in time. Whether you'll be on BP medication by then is unknown.

You might try a tweet to @AmericanAir and ask if they could at least confirm the voucher is in house. I expect them to say they can't, but may be worth a try.

Azulcactus Jul 22, 2015 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408 (Post 25157744)
When the processing was at Milton, they seemed to be on top of everything. The new office appears to have some problems. As long as your envelope had your first travel date listed it should happen in time. Whether you'll be on BP medication by then is unknown.

You might try a tweet to @AmericanAir and ask if they could at least confirm the voucher is in house. I expect them to say they can't, but may be worth a try.

This is an eVoucher (evouchers.aa.com), I got it via email originally from AA (customer service iirops issue complaint) and I typed in the number and PIN on the payment screen on AA.com as a form of payment. It's not one of the old paper vouchers you have to send to Milton, I'm pretty certain I don't have to mail anything in this case.

I'm certainly crossing my fingers on C inventory already, but thankfully it's a very low volume international leg of AA I want to upgrade (MIA-POA) which always goes out with empty seats from what I see.