FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2035528-archive-ticket-award-status-hold-request-pending-purchased-ticketed.html)

Totoro May 31, 2015 3:52 am

reward travel: "on request" status

I found available seats on CX and JL flights and booked through phone CSR using AA miles. CSR confirmed available space, booked the itinerary and charged my credit card.

When logging in at AA.com, I see the PNRs show "on request" status rather than ticketed. Should I have any concern as I would with UA partner reward travel? I have an important trip tomorrow and may not have the opportunity to take care of issues that arise. Thank you!

alien May 31, 2015 5:57 am

There's a current thread here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated.html

Note however that the process has varying degrees of timing, patience, and the need to call...

Given that your CC has been charged, you -may- get some piece of mind while waiting by calling AA and asking for CX's 6 character alpha-numeric record locator and inputting it and your last name at:

http://classic.checkmytrip.com/plnex...TN&LANGUAGE=GB ...which should pull up your reservation including ticket #'s( and note the "view details" at the bottom).

Globehopper May 31, 2015 7:22 am

Originally Posted by Dave Noble (Post 24893923)
Where there are other airlines involved , the other airline may well impose a ticketing time limit. if the airline does not get a ticket number by this time, it will cancel the reservation automatically

You may well be able to find the TTL from Cathay Pacific. If there is one ( and istr that CX does impose them ) then it should also be in the booking information on AA too. It is important to make sure that AA issues the ticket before this deadline

That would sound correct for a US/AA booking , but would be surprised if CX will hold space for that time

Good suggestions.

Since CX in the US is difficult to reach, even when their offices are open, I called their HKG reservation line. I mentioned the long delays on the AA end. The agent did not see any ticketing deadline for my reservations, so if true, that is good news. I asked if there was any missing or unusual information that could create a potential ticketing problem from the CX end; she stated there was no missing information or unusual flights or connections that could delay ticketing.

Originally Posted by startpacking (Post 24894009)
I am using miles to book some flights. I had to call to make my reservation as it's for airlines that can't be booked online using miles. I asked AA to ticket this reservation on Monday.

I've logged on and checked if the reservation is ticketed and it's saying "on request". I called AA to ask about the reservation and I'm told that that it's alright and that the reservation is "in line" to be ticketed. I'm really puzzled what "in line" means and am concerned something is wrong. I've ticketed award tickets in the past, online and by phone and I've never waited this long for a reservation to be ticketed.

Your experience mirrors mine--"reservation in queue," longer delays to ticket, etc.

Originally Posted by startpacking (Post 24894335)
Just spoke to AA, the agent was helpful and contacted her help desk while I was on the line. I'm told that since my travel date is not in the near future it's in sequence to be ticketed and I should give them a few more days. "Check back in a week", was her advice which really doesn't put my mind at ease nor give me confidence that this will actually be ticketed if I don't do something. I've never had to wait this long for a ticket in the past, I'm fully aware AA's ticketing system is slow, but waiting for days on end is just ridiculous.

Sounds word for word like we had the same agent!

Sounds like we have to keep calling AA back. I'm also mindful that too many calls could get you pegged as a troublemaker.

david55 May 31, 2015 8:16 am

Questions about Holds

1. An award itinerary can be put on hold for 5 days?

2. Can you put more then one hold on at a time for a similar destination but a different routing or class of service?

RogerD408 May 31, 2015 8:25 am

Originally Posted by david4455 (Post 24895810)
1. An award itinerary can be put on hold for 5 days?

2. Can you put more then one hold on at a time for a similar destination but a different routing or class of service?

1. Yes. As long as the flight is more than 5 days out.

2. Yes, but expect one or both to be cancelled at a later time when AA.com does a sweep to find duplicates.

skunker Jun 1, 2015 11:07 am

I had an EY award on hold and called to purchase yesterday. Paid my $7 and was told I should receive an email within 24 hours. It usually only takes a couple hours. It is now past 24 hours and it is showing as "On Request". I called AA and they said they are currently behind on ticketing and are only ticketing for trips through July. I was told to check back in 3-4 days.

I asked if Etihad would cancel the reservation if AA didn't ticket in time and she said no as Etihad sees it as ticketed in their system. :confused:

What is going on over there?

MCMAHONSMR Jun 2, 2015 3:09 pm

I thought I would report back that my EY award purchased on 5/24 ticketed today. Interestingly enough the QR award that I purchased on 5/29 also ticketed today (the e-ticket confirmation e-mails came in about 30 minutes apart). Perhaps someone was on vacation last week. Who knows.

skunker Jun 2, 2015 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by MCMAHONSMR (Post 24908964)
I thought I would report back that my EY award purchased on 5/24 ticketed today. Interestingly enough the QR award that I purchased on 5/29 also ticketed today (the e-ticket confirmation e-mails came in about 30 minutes apart). Perhaps someone was on vacation last week. Who knows.

In the words of Vince Vaughn in Old School- "I'm still holding!"

Is there really only one person that does award ticketing?

EDIT: Mine just ticketed! Maybe you were right.

Globehopper Jun 2, 2015 4:21 pm

Update: out of four one way itineraries I'm holding, the trip with the furthest travel date and least time in queue ticketed. The other PNRs are still in limbo-land.

They must be working LIFO.

Globehopper Jun 2, 2015 6:31 pm

Update: LIFO suction!

Finally all four one way PNRs ticketed! The first was sent to ticketing on 23 May.

Superguy Jun 3, 2015 12:03 pm

Deleted. Confused this with the rev ticketing status thread.

intub8r Jun 3, 2015 4:50 pm

Award status: On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (consolidated)

I also had a long wait for ticketing a one way DUB to LHR for November. Reservation made May 23, called a couple times and told it was "in the queue".
I sent a brief and polite email to Web Services on June 1 and received a ticket number six hours later.

progapanda Jun 3, 2015 6:43 pm

CX booking today ticketed within 90 minutes after I got off the phone with AAdvantage. ^^

The backlog seems to have cleared up quite considerably, in contrast another CX booking I'd made last month took up to 96h (and intervention by the good AA Twitter folks) to get ticketed.

Originally Posted by lobo411 (Post 24746050)
Just a FYI--My CX ticket was finally issued, after 3-4 weeks On Request.

abitlost Jun 4, 2015 10:15 am

I have a reservation on a CX flight that leaves in less than 22 hours and am definitely flipping out a bit. I was told a few hours ago that AA would ticket it within an hour. This system is a little broken.

Superguy Jun 4, 2015 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by abitlost (Post 24918572)
I have a reservation on a CX flight that leaves in less than 22 hours and am definitely flipping out a bit. I was told a few hours ago that AA would ticket it within an hour. This system is a little broken.

This is something I'm not used to with AA (award or rev ticket). US ticketed stuff almost immediately. AA, with supposedly a much more advanced system, can't seem to ticket quickly.