FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: Ticket or Award status: On Hold, On Request, Pending, Purchased and Ticketed (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2035528-archive-ticket-award-status-hold-request-pending-purchased-ticketed.html)

Merlinrnr Apr 27, 2015 7:25 pm

I find sometimes they just need a little nudge. If it's been more than 24 hours call them. I called in and they "expedited the request". Not sure what that means or why they didn't do that to begin with but it changed to ticketed within a half hour.

hiima Apr 28, 2015 12:42 am

Basically, the way I think goes is, the airlines you have miles with send in a request to the operating carrier. The operating carrier basically does the ticketing batches at a certain time of day or week, whenever the monkey with the keyboard feels like doing it.

mtkeller Apr 28, 2015 5:56 am

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 24731320)
Basically, the way I think goes is, the airlines you have miles with send in a request to the operating carrier. The operating carrier basically does the ticketing batches at a certain time of day or week, whenever the monkey with the keyboard feels like doing it.

Operating carrier doesn't have anything to do with ticketing once the ticketing airline takes the seat from inventory, which happens as soon as the segment is added to the reservation. For some reason, AA doesn't believe in instant ticketing, even for revenue tickets. There's a queue, and things go into that queue to be ticketed whenever AA's system feels like it. Even within oneworld, other carriers have instant ticketing of awards. (Even US's crummy system!) With DL, I've had email confirmation that my ticket was issued before I could get the agent to stop asking me if I need a rental car and get off the phone.

flightmedic Apr 28, 2015 7:56 am

On Request

Late last night I was checking my upcoming flight in June and noticed that one flight was still listed as on request. This is a couple of months after I make a change to the reservation. Took 60 minutes on hold and then was told that there was some problem in their system and they would take care of it. This was on an award booking on AA.

I was told it would take up to 24 hours to fix this. Now 10 hours later still waiting :)

imapilotaz Apr 28, 2015 8:51 am

Originally Posted by mtkeller (Post 24732066)
Operating carrier doesn't have anything to do with ticketing once the ticketing airline takes the seat from inventory, which happens as soon as the segment is added to the reservation. For some reason, AA doesn't believe in instant ticketing, even for revenue tickets. There's a queue, and things go into that queue to be ticketed whenever AA's system feels like it. Even within oneworld, other carriers have instant ticketing of awards. (Even US's crummy system!) With DL, I've had email confirmation that my ticket was issued before I could get the agent to stop asking me if I need a rental car and get off the phone.

Actually it has to do with the fact that AA does not have dynamic access to the buckets for other airlines. Technically until its fully ticketed, you are not ticketed (as someone above mis-stated). There can be instances where the systems arent communicating properly.

So AA does the "ticketing" on SABRE on their end, and then has to send to a Queue at the other airlines for them to internally create a PNR (on their system) and actually make the full reservation and pull the seat/authorization out of inventory. This is why you could end up with as many PNRs on a record as you have airlines (I had a AA, DL, UA, and US ticket on one AA.com purchase. So I had 4 different PNRs, and each airline had to finalize ticketing in their system for it to have fully ticketed).

But for the question above, AA has been telling me lately that its a minimum of 24 hours for OA AAdvantage awards... my IB one just ticketed at the 48 hour market.

MrJBoy Apr 28, 2015 9:51 am

Originally Posted by imapilotaz (Post 24732883)
Actually it has to do with the fact that AA does not have dynamic access to the buckets for other airlines. Technically until its fully ticketed, you are not ticketed (as someone above mis-stated). There can be instances where the systems arent communicating properly.

So AA does the "ticketing" on SABRE on their end, and then has to send to a Queue at the other airlines for them to internally create a PNR (on their system) and actually make the full reservation and pull the seat/authorization out of inventory. This is why you could end up with as many PNRs on a record as you have airlines (I had a AA, DL, UA, and US ticket on one AA.com purchase. So I had 4 different PNRs, and each airline had to finalize ticketing in their system for it to have fully ticketed).

But for the question above, AA has been telling me lately that its a minimum of 24 hours for OA AAdvantage awards... my IB one just ticketed at the 48 hour market.

Mine was ticketed once (all JL flights) and I asked to drop Japan domestic flights and keep only transpacific flights from the tickets.
I got miles and tax refunded, and the status is now " On Request" again.
The seats are JL business class and they are no longer available since I took the seats when it's ticketed originally. It seems the ticketing process has initiated again, but why am I able to keep the transpacific flights in my case?

mkjr Apr 28, 2015 2:03 pm

for reference, i booked on Thursday last week, NRT-ORD-YYZ on JL/AA and ticket issued today after one additional call on Sunday, 72 hours after booking.

lobo411 Apr 30, 2015 12:56 pm

Just a FYI--My CX ticket was finally issued, after 3-4 weeks On Request.

chx1975 Apr 30, 2015 4:07 pm

Took about 3.5 days to get to ticketed. But hey! I am going to see Petra.

nachosdelux Apr 30, 2015 4:11 pm

I just had an award ticket after about 6 days - AA-CX-CX.

I totally forgot that it had not ticketed until I received the e-mail.

Usually it is done in about 24 hours or so.

cl1090 May 4, 2015 10:33 pm

Duplicate Ticket?

A ticket was purchased for myself and another passenger by a friend's mom. She forwarded record locator and I linked with my AA account, I do not have any status. I called 2-3 weeks ago about seeing how much it would be to upgrade and decided not to do it. I looked today at my AA Trips and under this record locator it has my original itinerary: DFW-MIA-SJU coach roundtrip and then also the upgraded itinerary: DFW-CLT-SJU roundtrip upgraded and says seats unassigned. Does this mean I was upgraded for free when the merger happened?

PU2005 May 10, 2015 5:14 am

4-Days To Ticket AAdvantage Award?

I booked a first class ticket on Etihad using AA miles. Originally was told it would ticket in 24 hours. Which is usually the case with partner award tickets I've experienced. Called back after about 36 to see what was going on, and told it won't ticket till Monday after someone from the ticketing desk reviews the que. Has anyone experienced this long of a delay in ticketing? What should I do? They refuse to have someone ticket it until Monday even when they have people to ticket it.

Dave Noble May 10, 2015 5:21 am

welcome to AA and its appalling award ticketing processes

Is there a ticketing time limit from Etihad ? if there is you may be able to use that to get them to speed up, otherwise no reason to worry too much. Hopefully it will get ticketed on monday

PU2005 May 10, 2015 5:23 am

Yea I said I'm sure there is a ticketing time limit and they said oh well this is our agree man with partners you'll be ok. Wait till Monday. It's obnoxious and I'm kind worried and passed I'll loose the first class space on Etihad A380 and 787-9

Dave Noble May 10, 2015 5:30 am

They do do award issuance on sundays - if the booking does have a ticketing limit from Etihad , hopefully you can get someone to get someone to send an email to get it done urgently

I had this issue with an MH booking recently and 1st couple of agents couldn't care less and couldn't care less that the TTL would be passed by monday morning US time