Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA needs a rule requiring head phones...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 28, 2020, 9:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by dls25
AA should make this part of the preflight announcements.
Or perhaps they can replace the 5-7 minute credit card pitch with this ten second announcement...
Daze, dls25, sushanna1 and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cmd320
Or perhaps they can replace the 5-7 minute credit card pitch with this ten second announcement...
But then how would I know about the special 500 miles I'd get on THIS FLIGHT ONLY?
dls25, platbrownguy and cmd320 like this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Yes, the kid could hear a video player at volume 11, but he could have also heard it with headphones.
I picture the kid years later blasting his music loudly from his car, while the ground shakes when he drives through the neighborhood at 3 AM
jhalapin likes this.
Old Dec 28, 2020, 10:36 am

Programs: HHonors, UA, AA, CET
Luckily I haven'y ran into this much in the past year or so. Recent in 2D the guy beside me had his phone volume up listening to something and I turned to ask him to use headphones, but the FA was already there telling him. Turns out was just an old guy having trouble getting his Bluetooth to sync with the phone and didn't realize it was coming through his phone speaker lol
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Meaning they oversold and they just semi-randomly promoted any ole passenger up there who had not learned the "way" to behave?
There are about three more anecdotes I could tell about this guy...but I'll save that for a different thread!
Old Dec 28, 2020, 11:48 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
Originally Posted by United16
Luckily I haven'y ran into this much in the past year or so. Recent in 2D the guy beside me had his phone volume up listening to something and I turned to ask him to use headphones, but the FA was already there telling him. Turns out was just an old guy having trouble getting his Bluetooth to sync with the phone and didn't realize it was coming through his phone speaker lol
OMG and this is why, try as I might, I try not to jump to conclusions. Cute resolution.

Originally Posted by jhalapin
{SNIP}
Icing on the cake was when we deplaned via one of those zig/zag ramps (no jet bridges in Barbados) dad went to the bottom of the last ramp while mom held up everyone behind her at the top while dad videoed them coming down the ramp.
YMMV
Oh, hell, no! You sit your ... on the plane until the end if you really want to do something like this.
dls25 and jhalapin like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.