Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Can you get a month extension on an eVoucher?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:18 pm
Formerly known as billinaz
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors

I got a couple of eVouchers with an expiration of Nov 10 2021 and Nov 28 2021.

We wont be able to fly anywhere until a trip I am planning for Dec 2-4 2021.

Is there any hope getting them to extend the date on the vouchers for that short amount of time?

I can buy the tickets much earlier than that, but I wont be able to complete the travel by those dates.
Old Dec 19, 2020, 8:53 pm

Programs: AA EP
Double check with AA as many/all vouchers were extended. You can always buy a ticket and then change it to what u want

Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill

Is there any hope getting them to extend the date on the vouchers for that short amount of time?

I can buy the tickets much earlier than that, but I wont be able to complete the travel by those dates.
Old Dec 20, 2020, 10:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: US Airways Dividend Miles, American AAdvantage, Avis Preferred, Budget Rapid Rez, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier
Double check with AA as many/all vouchers were extended. You can always buy a ticket and then change it to what u want
That does not violate any of the rules?
Old Dec 20, 2020, 11:10 am

Programs: Executive Platinum
Originally Posted by SpaceCoastBill

The expiration date of the vouchers are “ spend by” dates or use by and not fly by dates. Unless you have some special situation. You can check the e voucher to be sure.

Last edited by jagoffee; Dec 20, 2020 at 11:26 am
Old Dec 20, 2020, 9:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jagoffee
The expiration date of the vouchers are spend by dates or use by and not fly by dates. Unless you have some special situation. You can check the e voucher to be sure.
Well then...problem solved. It's not mentioned use by or travel by on the voucher.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.