A319s to/from Vail EGE Baggage Capacity

Old Dec 18, 2020, 12:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
A319s to/from Vail EGE Baggage Capacity

I fly to/from EGE pretty frequently, usually from JFK. Last season and as far back as I can remember this was operated by a Boeing 757. With all of the AA B757's retired, they are now using Airbus A319 aircraft, with fewer seats and storage capacity. The airport also has significantly low payload requirements.

Do you all think they'll be able to take all the checked luggage? Specifically the skis? Should I plan to get to the airport extra early? EXP checking 2-3 bags!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Plat, NK $9 fare club
It's my understanding that the A319 has better short runway / hot & high performance than the A320 and A321, hence its common use on the SNA - East coast flights.

Do we have any A319 pilots here on the forum that can illuminate the situation?

I'm sure that in the winter, you'll be better off either way. Aeroplanes have better performance in cold weather. Private pilot here...no airline experience though!
Old Dec 21, 2020, 7:19 am
C46

FWD compartment #1 of the A319 should hold nearly 2.3 tonnes & the AFT compartments #4 & #5 around 4.5 tonnes combined.

That means up to 6.8 tonnes of luggage. That would allow for over 117 lbs. for every of the 128 pax.
Of course, this is totally disregarding any other weights or restriction - it's strictly theoretical.

But don't worry about skiing equipment; that will fit!

I've handled A320-family flights with 4 HUM (coffins) loaded, so a few skis won't be an issue!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.