Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 10, 2020, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Microwave
AA has announced AAdvantage Platinum Pro members will gain oneworld Emerald status “starting in early 2021”.

Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with theoneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines. — link
Print Wikipost

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2021, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by voweffekt
ON the Alaska end, they claim to have done this multiple times with the same old status. Is this one of those "wait three minutes" and then do re-enter the # situations?
I'd GUESS they are just accessing the AA PNR, which has not yet been updated. I'd suggested asking AA to update, then AS.
Old May 27, 2022, 2:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP
My husband and I are flying from SFO-DFW-FCO and then MXP-JFK-SFO, all on AA metal. The lounge information is confusing - with a Platinum Pro on the booking number what do we have access to in Dallas, Milan and JFK?

We are trying to use SWUs on this trip and have been cleared on one leg, JFK-SFO. Still waiting un-optimistically on the others.
Old May 27, 2022, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by SFflyer20
My husband and I are flying from SFO-DFW-FCO and then MXP-JFK-SFO, all on AA metal. The lounge information is confusing - with a Platinum Pro on the booking number what do we have access to in Dallas, Milan and JFK?

We are trying to use SWUs on this trip and have been cleared on one leg, JFK-SFO. Still waiting un-optimistically on the others.
As a platinum pro you can visit following lounges:
SFO - Admirals club
DFW - AA Flagship Longe
JFK - Flagship lounge
MXP - whatever contract lounge AA has there ( similar to Priority pass lounges).
If you used your SWU to upgrade from J to F on JFK SFO leg than you will also have access to Flagship Dining in JFK.
SFflyer20 likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 6:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Just requalified for PP. In fact, it's the first time I've actually qualified for real - I initially got PP with a well-timed UK trip during a challenge and then the status kept getting extended because of covid.

Now I'm going back and forth on whether to try in earnest for EXP or move spending away from the Barclays silver card. I'm not doing much travel this fall/winter and getting to 200k would be a close call at best. With a very tall husband and doing mostly leisure travel, getting free exit rows through March 2024 and near-guaranteed upgrades on Alaska flights is already seeming pretty good in my book.
Old Aug 6, 2022, 10:00 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat; UA MM Gold; Marriott Lifetime Titanium; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SFflyer20
Just requalified for PP. In fact, it's the first time I've actually qualified for real - I initially got PP with a well-timed UK trip during a challenge and then the status kept getting extended because of covid.

Now I'm going back and forth on whether to try in earnest for EXP or move spending away from the Barclays silver card. I'm not doing much travel this fall/winter and getting to 200k would be a close call at best. With a very tall husband and doing mostly leisure travel, getting free exit rows through March 2024 and near-guaranteed upgrades on Alaska flights is already seeming pretty good in my book.
EP will get you a higher priority on the upgrade list on domestic flights and a free whatever when in economy.

But unless you do 30-segments on AA, the other benefits, e.g., Systemwide upgrades, are not awarded.

I never found EP worth any extra effort.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 8:23 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
I'm kind in that zone as well. Sitting on 115k LPs as of now and have not hit any of the CC bonuses yet. I see a good 50k points in additional earning. The earning year is 14 months this year. But I'm seeing a tough time manufacturing 35k in additional points to make EXP. Since upgrades are tougher to get, I already get OWE status, and I would be at the very bottom of the EXP pecking order, I'm probably content being a top of the heap PPRO.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 5:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, GHA Titanium, AA Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
I'm kind in that zone as well. Sitting on 115k LPs as of now and have not hit any of the CC bonuses yet. I see a good 50k points in additional earning. The earning year is 14 months this year. But I'm seeing a tough time manufacturing 35k in additional points to make EXP. Since upgrades are tougher to get, I already get OWE status, and I would be at the very bottom of the EXP pecking order, I'm probably content being a top of the heap PPRO.
Card sign up bonuses do not earn you LPs.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by onetouchpass
Card sign up bonuses do not earn you LPs.
Signup bonuses don't but hitting the 40k spend threshold on the Citi Exec card and the 20k, 40k, and 50k thresholds on the Barclay Silver card do.
Old Aug 8, 2022, 7:00 am
formerly rt23456p

Originally Posted by united 1k flyer
my interpretation is that you can only use it on international, it seems crazy that they can entirely block a emerald benefit.
Just like how they block their sapphire and emerald from Flying domestic and using Flagship lounges, while accepting every other OW memberships.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.