FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030114-aa-platinum-pro-now-oneworld-emerald-effective-30-june-2021-a.html)

lsquare Dec 10, 2020 6:13 am

AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021)

https://news.aa.com/news/news-detail...2/default.aspx

Starting in early 2021, Platinum Pro members will also receive oneworld Emerald status with the oneworld Alliance, the world’s fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance. Members will enjoy additional perks such as first class priority check-in, access to first and business class lounges, fast track at select security lanes, higher priority for waitlists and standby, priority boarding and priority baggage handling when they travel on our oneworld partner airlines.

Yes! AA just announced changes to AAdvantage for 2021. Platinum Pros will allow be designated as OWE! Now if only AA improve its MM program and maybe make a 3MM lifetime Platinum Pro tier with lifetime OWE status!

Spanish Dec 10, 2020 7:06 am

So, does this mean Platinum Pro now has 3 luggages at 70lbs? What about on domestic F tickets? Honestly, this is my biggest gripe with AA. If I'm checking 2 luggages (i.e. suitcase + golf clubs), I'd much rather check my carry-on and not have to worry about the overhead space game... One of the reasons I chose AA several years ago was the 3 checked luggages in domestic F, then they yanked it away! Terrible policy change.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...am-updates.jsp

This page and the links on it are ambiguous. It doesn't look like they've properly updated everything for Platinum Pro yet.

This page:

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...eworldbenefits

listing OneWorld benefits, says Emeralds get 3 bags on American. The question is, does this include domestic AA itineraries for the new Platinum Pro Emeralds? It still lists them as Sapphires...

Excellent news though overall, I hope they make it worth the while. I'm mostly domestic travel at this time when flying AA, so the luggage is a bit of a sticking point.

Anyone else have any updates at this time?

fotographer Dec 10, 2020 7:11 am

I guess next year.. I wont have to work as hard to get OWE... the upgrade list for both domestic and international should be interesting.. ,,(once international tourist traffic actually really begins)

fotographer Dec 10, 2020 7:12 am

on a side note AA.. since you are being so generous... why not make LTPLT.. OWE too....

Catbert10 Dec 10, 2020 8:12 am

An enhancement I can support. With the rock bottom domestic fares I'm seeing, meeting the EXP EQD requirement is going to be challenging.

tfizzle Dec 10, 2020 8:47 am

This is a great perk if you travel overseas for lounges. Qantas F at LAX, BA F at LHR and CX First lounge at HKG.

aztimm Dec 10, 2020 8:56 am

Originally Posted by tfizzle (Post 32876231)
This is a great perk if you travel overseas for lounges. Qantas F at LAX, BA F at LHR and CX First lounge at HKG.

Even more important are the QR lounges at DOH. ;)

I had dropped in status and only earned PPro this year, due to some mileage runs in January. I was toying with a buy-up offer to EXP but wasn't sure it would be worth it (using miles or $$$) due to not knowing when I will get the vaccine. At least it seems that PPro will be a decent status to have for when I get back to some travel (hopefully by the second half of 2021).

festriaqua Dec 10, 2020 9:12 am

Reading between the line here, are they saying some benefits can be selected more than once for an EXP? i.e. selecting the 2 SWU two times for a total of 4? Or two $200 vouchers?

lsquare Dec 10, 2020 9:23 am

Originally Posted by fotographer (Post 32875984)
on a side note AA.. since you are being so generous... why not make LTPLT.. OWE too....

Agree! If BA can have a LT OWE tier, so can AA...

lsquare Dec 10, 2020 9:26 am

Originally Posted by aztimm (Post 32876258)
Even more important are the QR lounges at DOH. ;)

I had dropped in status and only earned PPro this year, due to some mileage runs in January. I was toying with a buy-up offer to EXP but wasn't sure it would be worth it (using miles or $$$) due to not knowing when I will get the vaccine. At least it seems that PPro will be a decent status to have for when I get back to some travel (hopefully by the second half of 2021).

What about the QF lounge at SYD?

hp12c Dec 10, 2020 9:29 am

Is there really any point in trying to qualify for EXP any longer? Spending an additional $5k in EQD in 2021 gets you some pretty minor incremental benefits over PlatPro

jackjennings Dec 10, 2020 9:30 am

Presumably EXPs are going to get additional choices when they hit the 150k, 200k, etc. EQM milestones? Is that mentioned anywhere?

jackjennings Dec 10, 2020 9:33 am

Originally Posted by jackjennings (Post 32876372)
Presumably EXPs are going to get additional choices when they hit the 150k, 200k, etc. EQM milestones? Is that mentioned anywhere?

Found the answer myself...

"Note that the existing Executive Platinum rewards for those who over-qualify for top-tier status will remain as a standalone program, an American spokesperson confirmed to TPG."

lsquare Dec 10, 2020 9:40 am

Originally Posted by hp12c (Post 32876370)
Is there really any point in trying to qualify for EXP any longer? Spending an additional $5k in EQD in 2021 gets you some pretty minor incremental benefits over PlatPro

That's what I'm thinking as well. Furthermore, the EQD is waived in 2021 if you spend $30k on your AAdvantage card.

KDCAflyer Dec 10, 2020 9:40 am

Would be nice if stickers would go away for Gold/Platinum at some point.