FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030114-aa-platinum-pro-now-oneworld-emerald-effective-30-june-2021-a.html)

Always Flyin May 10, 2021 1:55 pm

I would rather AA do what they say they are going to do.

Early 2001 is January through March. Mid-2001 is April through September. Late 2001 is October through December.

Even if you fudge a month or so each way, AA is still way off.

If they are not going to do it, they shouldn't announce it.

Reetmafreen May 14, 2021 12:39 pm

I’m still waiting on the status elevation to occur and I’m starting to get impatient. I have a TATL UK trip booked for the middle of June on BA on 001 stock. Whilst I’ll have access to the First Wing and the First lounge/Concord Terrace on the TATL return leg, I also have an internal flight up to GLA in the middle of my trip. Without OWE, I’m stuck with the Club World check in and the Club lounge. Row 1 in the cabins is also off limits until 3 days before departure.

First world problems I know!

gateH15 May 14, 2021 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by Reetmafreen (Post 33251530)
I’m still waiting on the status elevation to occur and I’m starting to get impatient. I have a TATL UK trip booked for the middle of June on BA on 001 stock. Whilst I’ll have access to the First Wing and the First lounge/Concord Terrace on the TATL return leg, I also have an internal flight up to GLA in the middle of my trip. Without OWE, I’m stuck with the Club World check in and the Club lounge. Row 1 in the cabins is also off limits until 3 days before departure.

First world problems I know!

same here. Connecting in LHR at the end of May and have to spend 3 hours in Galleries lounge in T5. The horror

Amil May 14, 2021 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by gateH15 (Post 33251546)
same here. Connecting in LHR at the end of May and have to spend 3 hours in Galleries lounge in T5. The horror

yeap im next week.

Amil May 31, 2021 11:05 pm

its officially june 1st half the year has passed and no word yet.

edit: sorry next month will be half the year. but whatever still fed up

gmt4 May 31, 2021 11:08 pm

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 33294112)

Half the year will have passed on July 1st, but I concur there's been no word.

Amil May 31, 2021 11:23 pm

Originally Posted by gmt4 (Post 33294116)
Half the year will have passed on July 1st, but I concur there's been no word.

July 2nd apparently lol my bad

my monthly attempt to get info from twitter team
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...e1f446fdc.jpeg

uxb Jun 1, 2021 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 33294131)
July 2nd apparently lol my bad

my monthly attempt to get info from twitter team
(image redacted)

Instead of harassing the Twitter team, who BTW never has any answers, I would just make this a Customer Relations matter. AA made a promise to elevate PRO to Emerald status and hasn't followed through. Hold their feet to the fire, but do it in a more meaningful way that might yield a result. YMMV.

Amil Jun 1, 2021 9:20 am

Originally Posted by uxb (Post 33294581)
Instead of harassing the Twitter team, who BTW never has any answers, I would just make this a Customer Relations matter. AA made a promise to elevate PRO to Emerald status and hasn't followed through. Hold their feet to the fire, but do it in a more meaningful way that might yield a result. YMMV.

lol one question a month asking about status is not harassment. and (wishful thinking) if enough people made it an issue on social media they could bring it to corporate to make them aware that this could be a PR issue.

AAExecPlatFlier Jun 1, 2021 11:28 am

No it’s hasn’t. Only 5 months into into the year.

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 33294112)

Amil Jun 1, 2021 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier (Post 33295341)

already got called out on this lol but thanks for being so informative lol

Always Flyin Jun 1, 2021 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by AAExecPlatFlier (Post 33295341)

Actually, we are now in the sixth month of the year . . .

No matter how one wants to count it, we are far beyond "early 2021."

teemuflyer Jun 1, 2021 5:30 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 33295762)

Makes one wonder if a group of AA managers made a financial miscalculation, trying to figure out how back track, making it only a perk if achieved this year for 2022.. But definitely an awkward situation for them, and frustrating for those that have been counting on the tier benefit. We'll find out soon enough..

Jetrigger Jun 2, 2021 7:47 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 33295762)

"Hey, meeting at 8AM! Be there early!"

Arrives at 10AM..."aM i eArLy?"

For real, month 6 of 12 is NOT early by ANY stretch. Thank you for pointing this out!

galaticos Jun 11, 2021 1:13 am

I'm going to guess this isnt happening anymore now :(