FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   AA Platinum Pro now oneworld Emerald (effective 30 June 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/2030114-aa-platinum-pro-now-oneworld-emerald-effective-30-june-2021-a.html)

AlwaysAisle Apr 2, 2021 7:01 am

It is April, I am PltPro, my boarding pass on today's flight says "AAdvantage Platinum Pro - onewolrd Sapphire"....:rolleyes:

By the way, on different note, looks like upgrade e-mail notification is back. I got an e-mail letting me know that my upgrade cleared. :cool:

Always Flyin Apr 6, 2021 10:47 am

AA has a funny definition of "early" 2021.

Reetmafreen Apr 7, 2021 5:18 pm

My AAdvantage e-card in the Android app was updated April 5th. OW dot still shows Sapphire in color and not Emerald.

Amil Apr 7, 2021 6:10 pm

I asked the twitter team today for giggles and I got the 'soon' response lol

"Sorry about that. Knowing how important this is, we're hoping to have the accounts updated very soon. You will receive an email updating your AAdvantage accounts once completed."

Amil May 2, 2021 8:49 pm

So its May 2 and still nothing :) Just saying. Should we start a petition ?

cova May 2, 2021 8:54 pm

I'd give it until 6/30/21. Then we need an update.
You really only need the OW status when flying international, which most people are not at this time.

Amil May 2, 2021 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by cova (Post 33221956)
I'd give it until 6/30/21. Then we need an update.
You really only need the OW status when flying international, which most people are not at this time.

But I am.....so theres that plus the OW status should have that extra luggage but nothing confirmed on that.

Mwenenzi May 2, 2021 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 33222067)
But I am.....so theres that plus the OW status should have that extra luggage but nothing confirmed on that.

No signficant difference in extra baggage OW Sapphire to OW Emerald.
Anyway going with fewer bags / less weight is an advantage when travelling

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits

***Extra baggage allowance for Emerald frequent flyers

As an Emerald frequent flyer, the following special checked baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines:
  • On itineraries using the baggage allowance “weight” system - 20 kgs in addition to the ticketed-cabin allowance.
  • On itineraries using the “piece system” - one additional bag for free in addition to your ticketed baggage allowance.
Note: This benefit is not available on British Airways' 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.

*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld airline operating the flight. **Priority baggage handling is not currently available on flights operated by British Airways.

Exceptions may apply.

***Extra baggage allowance for Sapphire frequent flyers

As a Sapphire frequent flyer, the following special checked baggage privileges will apply when you fly on oneworld airlines:
  • On international or domestic itineraries using the baggage allowance "weight" system - 15 kgs in addition to the ticketed Economy Class baggage allowance.
  • On international itineraries, that include domestic sectors, using the baggage allowance “piece” system – one additional bag*, weighing up to 23kgs, up to a maximum of two pieces.
  • On purely domestic itineraries, using the baggage allowance "piece" system, for tickets with no ticketed baggage entitlement - the assurance of one piece of checked baggage, weighing up to 23 kgs.
Customers travelling in First and Business Class cabins will, in most cases, receive an even greater free checked baggage allowance.

Note: This benefit is not available on British Airways’ 'Hand Baggage Only/Basic' fares.

*In accordance with the individual policy of the oneworld airline operating the flight. **Priority baggage handling is not currently available on flights operated by British Airways.

Exceptions may apply.

scubadu May 3, 2021 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Amil (Post 33221950)
So its May 2 and still nothing :) Just saying. Should we start a petition ?

I don't think a petition will get you anywhere. The reason business' give a window for things like this, rather than a specific date, is to provide flexibility. If they wanted to provide a specific, drop dead date, publicly, they would have done so. They did not.

They are not going to accelerate the time line because you as about every week.

Regards

Always Flyin May 6, 2021 9:39 pm

The "window" was a wide "early 2021."

May is not early in the year no matter how one looks at it.

lsquare May 6, 2021 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 33232471)

It's already the middle of the year.

FlyingEgghead May 7, 2021 2:27 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 33232471)

Well, if you divide the year into an early half and a late half, even June is early.

beachfan May 7, 2021 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 33222076)
No signficant difference in extra baggage OW Sapphire to OW Emerald.
Anyway going with fewer bags / less weight is an advantage when travelling

https://www.oneworld.com/travel-benefits

I see it as a difference of one bag in J on international itineraries. 3 vs 2

Going with fewer may be an advantage, returning with souvenirs has required an extra bag for me.

Always Flyin May 8, 2021 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingEgghead (Post 33232783)
Well, if you divide the year into an early half and a late half, even June is early.

Uh, huh.

What are you planning to say in July?

uxb May 10, 2021 6:46 am

Originally Posted by Always Flyin (Post 33237235)
Uh, huh.

What are you planning to say in July?

This won't help me in July when I fly to Europe, but I'd like to see something definitive by October when I expect to be PRO. :D