Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OGG-DFW Discontinued Eff 5/5/22

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2021, 7:44 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
OGG-DFW Discontinued Eff 5/5/22

OK, this doesn't make sense. I just checked a May reservation and noticed significant changes. It appears AA6 OGG-DFW has been discontinued effective May 5, 2022, yet AA119 DFW-OGG continues to operate. This doesn't make sense to me. What am I missing?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:13 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
You are not missing anything. The return non stop has been removed from the schedule. This leaves two options. 1. It is a filing error and they will eventually reinstate it. Or 2. They need the arriving plane to go to a different destination and thus if you are going to DFW you are forced to stop in LAX or another connecting point to facilitate the planes onward journey.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 8:16 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 2MM; Marriott Titanium; Hilton Diamond; Hyatt Explorist; Vistana 5* Elite; Nat'l Exec Elite
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
You are not missing anything. The return non stop has been removed from the schedule. This leaves two options. 1. It is a filing error and they will eventually reinstate it. Or 2. They need the arriving plane to go to a different destination and thus if you are going to DFW you are forced to stop in LAX or another connecting point to facilitate the planes onward journey.
I hope it is #1. They rerouted me through PHX which makes for a long long two days of flying.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:00 pm

Programs: AA Gold,DL SM.UA,HA
Could you not hop over to HNL for that nonstop?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
I have to assume it is an error. There's no way they fly a widebody one way.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 9:11 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA1MM PLTPRO, Hertz PC, National EXC, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton/Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
This makes no sense. These planes are routinely packed - which, yes, I acknowledge doesn't always equate to revenue - but as somebody that flys this route regular, premium cabin fares normally command top $.
Old Dec 12, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by controller1
I hope it is #1. They rerouted me through PHX which makes for a long long two days of flying.
Wait a while before you call in to change it. If you change to a LAX or HNL routing now, and then they later reinstate the OGG-DFW, they may not let you switch back onto that, on the grounds that you already used your one free flight change following the sked change.
controller1 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 6:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
AA6 OGG-DFW is still in the schedule, per EF as of this morning (12/13/2021).
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:01 am

I am booked OGG-DFW for next August and my reservation says my itinerary has changed, though it does not say how yet. However, if I run a search for a new reservation on that date, it still shows the OGG-DFW flight we're on.
apeortdz likes this.

Last edited by MASTERNC; Dec 13, 2021 at 7:10 am
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Every time there is a major schedule change, there are a few mistakes or revisions that occur soon after.

Give it a couple of days.
dw, wrp96, controller1 and 1 others like this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:40 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
AA6 OGG-DFW is still in the schedule, per EF as of this morning (12/13/2021).
Originally Posted by Antarius
I have to assume it is an error. There's no way they fly a widebody one way.
I think it is an error. Non-stop OGG-DFW drops off 5MAY and resumes 2JUN while DFW-OGG still operating during this time but there's no widebody departing OGG to LAX/PHX or anywhere else on the schedule. As you indicated, doesn't make much sense for them to fly a widebody only one-way into OGG for close to an entire month.

Originally Posted by MASTERNC
I am booked OGG-DFW for next August and my reservation says my itinerary has changed, though it does not say how yet. However, if I run a search for a new reservation on that date, it still shows the OGG-DFW flight we're on.
If you are referring to 119, flight time got pushed a bit (less than 60 min) and equipment changed from a 772 to a 789.
Antarius likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 7:58 am

It may not be a mistake. I recall periods where DFW-KOA was available on the way out, but flying lie-flats on the way back necessitated an extra flight to return through HNL.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cmtlatitudes
It may not be a mistake. I recall periods where DFW-KOA was available on the way out, but flying lie-flats on the way back necessitated an extra flight to return through HNL.
Where did the aircraft go?
wrp96 likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 8:59 am

Programs: AA, onePass
My 5/15/21 DFW - OGG FLT 7 was changed to FLT 119 today ….my return has not changed but it is FLT 8 HNL -DFW 5/25/21.
Old Dec 13, 2021, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
If you are referring to 119, flight time got pushed a bit (less than 60 min) and equipment changed from a 772 to a 789.
I'm on 116 and it looks like it is mainly an equipment swap.

My PHL-DFW-HNL flight now has a longer layover as well - it was originally 45 minutes and now it's 2 hours

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.