Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Black Friday Deal (flight promo code - end 1 Dec 2020)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite

People who book flights today get a discount code for future travel!

Buy More, Get More

Book a flight today for travel through March 31, 2021 and receive a promotional discount code of up to 20% for future travel. Offer ends December 1.

Ending Soon!

4d 22h 57m 35s

*Restrictions and exclusions apply.Eligible customers who purchase a flight on aa.com between November 27, 2020 and December 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time are eligible to receive a promotional discount of up to 20% on future reservations booked through aa.com. We’re also waiving change fees on all tickets bought by December 31, 2020, regardless of fare type or itinerary. Gift card purchases, fees, taxes, and discounts are excluded for purposes of determining the amount of the future promotional discount. Promotions, fares and schedules subject to change. See full terms & conditions here for additional details. Fares displayed have been collected within the last 24hrs and may no longer be available at time of booking. Taxes and fees included in fares display below. Modifying this information may result in a different fare. To find the most updated fare, please visit aa.com. Fares listed may be Basic Economy, which class is subject to additional terms and conditions. Additional baggage fees and charges for optional products and services may apply.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
These are the full terms and conditions:

Terms & Conditions

Black Friday Offer
  • Limited time offer.
  • Offer valid for reservations made in the US on flights operated by American Airlines and/or American Eagle originating in the US48, Hawaii, Alaska, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
  • Fees, taxes, and discounts are excluded for purposes of determining the amount of the promotional discount.
  • Customers who purchase a flight between November 27, 2020 and December 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel through March 31, 2021 and in accordance with these terms and conditions, are eligible to receive a promotional discount code of up to 20% for future reservations as follows:
    • Purchase up to $199.99 and receive promotional discount of 10%
    • Purchase between $200 and $499.99 and receive a promotional discount of 12%
    • Purchase between $500 and $999.99 and receive a promotional discount of 15%
    • Purchase $1,000 or more and receive a promotional discount of 20%
  • Promotional discounts will be awarded 14-21 days after purchase is completed, and a unique promotional discount code will be sent to the email provided with the reservation. Customers will not receive a promotional discount for cancelled or exchanged reservations.
  • Eligible customers may not receive more than a 20% promotional discount, and only one unique promotional discount code will be provided for each reservation made during the promotional period.
  • American Airlines will provide a notification that indicates the discount percentage received based on the total amount purchased, excluding gift card purchases, fees, taxes, and discounts.
  • This offer is only valid for reservations made between November 27, 2020 and December 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time, and cannot be applied retroactively or to existing reservations.
  • Offer is valid on all cabins to all destinations.
  • Offer is valid for reservations with up to nine (9) passengers.
  • Gift card purchases are excluded for purposes of determining the amount of the promotional discount.
  • Offer is not valid for Group & Meeting Travel, award miles redemption and is not combinable with any other offer or promotion.
  • American Airlines reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time. If any of these terms are violated, the offer and any promotional discount code will be invalid.
  • Offer applies only to published, scheduled service. Schedules subject to change
Promotional discount code for future travel
  • Promotional discount may only be redeemed on aa.com.
  • Promotional discount code may be applied to reservations booked between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2021, for travel between January 1 and May 31, 2021. Travel must be completed by May 31, 2021
  • Promotional discount may be applied to any published fare, minus fees and taxes, and any cabin for flights originating in the U.S.48 to any destination.
  • Promotional discount codes are single use and may not be combined with other offers or promotions and are not applicable for use with vouchers, trip credits or flight credits.
  • Promotional discount codes can only be used for new bookings and cannot be applied to exchange bookings.
  • Only credit payments qualify for these promotional discount codes, and other forms of payment including voucher, trip credit and flight credit cannot be combined with promotional discount codes.
  • Promotional discount codes cannot be combined with lap infant.
  • Promotional discount may be used for up to nine (9) passengers on the same reservation.
  • Stopovers or multi-city reservations are not allowed using the promotional discount code.
  • American Airlines will provide a notification that indicates the discount percentage received based on the total amount purchased, excluding gift card purchases, fees, taxes, and discounts.
  • Promotional discount code will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
  • Promotional discount may not be resold and may not be combined with other offers. Promotional discount may only be applied toward flights operated by American Airlines and/or American Eagle and may not be used for ancillary products, award miles redemption, AA Vacations or Gift Cards
No Change Fees
  • Effective immediately, we’re eliminating all change fees for First, Business, Premium Economy and Main Cabin tickets for all domestic and short-haul international flying. We’re also waiving change fees on all tickets bought by December 31, 2020, regardless of fare type or itinerary.
  • Change fees will be waived
    • If you’re flying to these destinations:
      • Any of the 50 U.S. states
      • Canada
      • Mexico
      • Caribbean
      • Puerto Rico
      • U.S. Virgin Islands
    • And if you’re flying in any of these cabins:
      • Main Cabin (except Basic Economy)
      • Premium Economy
      • Business
      • First
  • If your travel plans change, you can keep the full value of your original ticket but will need to pay the fare difference if your new flight is more expensive. If your new flight is less expensive, you’ll get the fare difference in the form of a voucher to use on a future trip.
  • Example: If you paid $500 for your flight and change to a new flight that costs $300, you’ll receive a $200 voucher for a future trip.
  • The new change fee policy applies to AAdvantage® award tickets as well.
  • Policies subject to change.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:24 pm

By the time I finally finish reading all the Terms and Conditions, it'll be after Dec 1.
Spiff, enviroian, davork and 11 others like this.
Old Nov 26, 2020, 11:28 pm
Original Poster

looks like buying miles is also 50% off for four days
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:12 am

Programs: AA EXP.
I have like 5k in flight credit. too bad I cant use it.
M.Fai likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 12:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Not the most amazing deal, but not too bad. I booked a flight in business class to Mexico for next summer, so the 15 percent discount will an extra bit off my next flight purchase.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
It's too bad that you only get one code per reservation (as opposed to discount based on cumulative spend).

Not a bad offer though, if you were thinking of making any bookings anyways.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:43 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
This is AMAZING. I almost cancelled my economy flight from GSP to LAX yesterday to book a new first class one because I stupidly signed up for a status match challenge (via Hyatt Explorist opportunity because I gambled too much in Vegas and became gold/diamond whatever). My expiration date is December 16 instead of December 31st, and I can't fly home for Xmas until at least December 20th... so, questions, and I am not super experienced so I expect some angry eyes my way telling me to Google but I promise, I have...

-Is anyone certain from the above whether I can use the $240 or so I will get from cancelling my flight, towards this promotion for my new flight, a different time and fare class? I don't want to mess it up.
-Spending $540 or $810 for a first class flight will put me over, or at, my challenge requirement, AND, will count towards 2021 EQM/EQD requirements. Now you're telling me I also get 15 percent back?
-I can definitely use the 15 percent before May, mom has ALS and is in what we believe to be her final 12 months. she literally died and came back to life last week.
-What is first class on American like these days (from GSP to CLT to LAX) - just a free checked bag and bigger seat that reclines (obviously not lay flat)? And I imagine no lounge access?
-If I don't hit 12,500 EQM in 2020, will any of it roll over to 2021 for the 500 mile upgrade award earning thingies? I have 20 of those which were randomly gifted to me years ago from AA with no expiration date. Hopeful to finally use them now that I imagine I'll be flying to see mom every 6 weeks or so for the foreseeable future.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy paragraphs!
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
I meant to also ask, is there a thread for all 2020 Black Friday Deals or do you have to go into each forum of each airline and hotel chain to see them?
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:17 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
-Spending $540 or $810 for a first class flight will put me over, or at, my challenge requirement, AND, will count towards 2021 EQM/EQD requirements. Now you're telling me I also get 15 percent back?
Best wishes to your mom.

You don't get 15 percent back, you receive a 15 percent off coupon for your next purchase. (Which could work for you since you have frequent upcoming travel - book some and then use the coupons to book more in the future.)

-What is first class on American like these days (from GSP to CLT to LAX) - just a free checked bag and bigger seat that reclines (obviously not lay flat)? And I imagine no lounge access?
You will also get beverage service on request, including alcohol. (Economy doesn't offer alcohol, even for purchase, these days.) On the longer flight, you'll get a snack like a small sandwich or cheese plate - not any hot full meal. No lounge access for domestic first except for a couple of special flights. (If you have an American Express Platinum, the CLT Centurion Lounge is open now and is very nice.)
Old Nov 27, 2020, 3:01 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
Actually in December, AA has a 772 on CLT-LAX with lie-flat seats. Departure times might not be ideal (8-9 pm out of CLT, red-eye return from LAX), but still beats the A321s with recliner seats that they put on this route by a wide margin. No lounge access though.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 4:48 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by chrisny2
Not the most amazing deal, but not too bad. I booked a flight in business class to Mexico for next summer, so the 15 percent discount will an extra bit off my next flight purchase.
Unless I'm reading this incorrectly, travel for next summer won't work:

Customers who purchase a flight between November 27, 2020 and December 1, 2020, 11:59 p.m. Central Time for travel through March 31, 2021
Old Nov 27, 2020, 5:56 am

Programs: AA EP
And it looks like you can’t use a credit or voucher of any kind. So you would have to buy a new ticket with a “new” payment. The promo is get you to spend more money, not use up credits from canceled flights.
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:12 am

can anyone tell me if the 50% off AA miles is a good deal I'm looking into buying the maximum amount 200k
Old Nov 27, 2020, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by chrisny2
No. The flight needs to be done by March, as per terms and conditions. Summer flights does not seem to qualify for a percentage off.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.