FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Black Friday Deal (flight promo code - end 1 Dec 2020)
Old Nov 27, 2020, 2:17 am
chrisny2

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
Originally Posted by Carolina2Cali
-Spending $540 or $810 for a first class flight will put me over, or at, my challenge requirement, AND, will count towards 2021 EQM/EQD requirements. Now you're telling me I also get 15 percent back?
Best wishes to your mom.

You don't get 15 percent back, you receive a 15 percent off coupon for your next purchase. (Which could work for you since you have frequent upcoming travel - book some and then use the coupons to book more in the future.)

-What is first class on American like these days (from GSP to CLT to LAX) - just a free checked bag and bigger seat that reclines (obviously not lay flat)? And I imagine no lounge access?
You will also get beverage service on request, including alcohol. (Economy doesn't offer alcohol, even for purchase, these days.) On the longer flight, you'll get a snack like a small sandwich or cheese plate - not any hot full meal. No lounge access for domestic first except for a couple of special flights. (If you have an American Express Platinum, the CLT Centurion Lounge is open now and is very nice.)