FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Black Friday Deal (flight promo code - end 1 Dec 2020)
Old Nov 27, 2020, 1:43 am
Carolina2Cali

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Globalist, MLife/Cosmo Identity Gold, Other Vegas too...
This is AMAZING. I almost cancelled my economy flight from GSP to LAX yesterday to book a new first class one because I stupidly signed up for a status match challenge (via Hyatt Explorist opportunity because I gambled too much in Vegas and became gold/diamond whatever). My expiration date is December 16 instead of December 31st, and I can't fly home for Xmas until at least December 20th... so, questions, and I am not super experienced so I expect some angry eyes my way telling me to Google but I promise, I have...

-Is anyone certain from the above whether I can use the $240 or so I will get from cancelling my flight, towards this promotion for my new flight, a different time and fare class? I don't want to mess it up.
-Spending $540 or $810 for a first class flight will put me over, or at, my challenge requirement, AND, will count towards 2021 EQM/EQD requirements. Now you're telling me I also get 15 percent back?
-I can definitely use the 15 percent before May, mom has ALS and is in what we believe to be her final 12 months. she literally died and came back to life last week.
-What is first class on American like these days (from GSP to CLT to LAX) - just a free checked bag and bigger seat that reclines (obviously not lay flat)? And I imagine no lounge access?
-If I don't hit 12,500 EQM in 2020, will any of it roll over to 2021 for the 500 mile upgrade award earning thingies? I have 20 of those which were randomly gifted to me years ago from AA with no expiration date. Hopeful to finally use them now that I imagine I'll be flying to see mom every 6 weeks or so for the foreseeable future.

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy paragraphs!