Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reduction/Schedule Changes in Premium Transcontinental Flights Starting Nov 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reduction/Schedule Changes in Premium Transcontinental Flights Starting Nov 2020

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2021, 9:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by VSLover
UAL are intending to run the route with polaris.

regardless, i do appreciate their entry, no matter how poor the timing if it continues to bring down the premium fares like when B6 first entered with mint.
Originally Posted by econ
Correct, UA is running 763s with Polaris seats, which are an definite upgrade over AA 321T (for J, at least)
UA will run their high-J 763s, featuring 46 true Polaris seats and 22 Premium Economy seats; will be a very competitive product.

Everything You Want to Know About Where to Sit on 763 High J (46/22/43/56) Polaris+PP
Old Feb 1, 2021, 10:36 am

Programs: AA EXP
I flew LAX-JFK-LAX this weekend in a 773/772 - both were really great experiences. I prefer the 777 over the 321T all day for the aisle access.
Old Feb 1, 2021, 11:01 am

Programs: IATA, Sabre, AvgeekAgent
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
I flew LAX-JFK-LAX this weekend in a 773/772 - both were really great experiences. I prefer the 777 over the 321T all day for the aisle access.
This is certainly a consideration for AA in determining whether to keep the 32T configuration long-term, as it will ultimately be the only offering in the JFK-LAX market without aisle access for all business passengers (assuming UA sticks with Polaris and B6 rolls out new Mint config).
Nephoi likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Interestingly there are changes for April-May 2021
From 2 April till 5 May ( both dates inclusive )

JFK-LAX is x4 daily A321T + x2 daily A321T which only has full-fare available
No 777 service scheduled on/after 2 April

JFK-SFO is x3 daily A321T ( with some days x2 daily )

LAX-MIA is pretty the same as the March update which was x1 77W, x3 77E, x1 A321 service.
HiAperture likes this.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 10:25 am

Programs: AA PPro
Nice to see the A321T come back into full swing. Also SEA-DFW now has a 772 on it daily both ways on the entire new 4/2-5/5 period, very nice news!
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:46 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by ISTFlyer
JFK-LAX is x4 daily A321T + x2 daily A321T which only has full-fare available .
Based on recent experiences over the past few months, I suspect the two flights that only have full fare available are ones they currently think may or may not end up operating, based on what demand looks like in a few weeks.

As someone who has been flying this route (and only this route) out of necessity the past few months... I definitely have mixed reactions to seeing the A321T (which I’ve always loved, in all classes) coming back vs the 772. The additional frequencies are really welcome, vs a single daytime flight ex-LAX that leaves at 8:30 am... but as an elite I’ll miss being able to select Premium Economy seats on the 772.
Old Feb 14, 2021, 3:47 pm
dw

[deleted- double post]
Old Feb 16, 2021, 10:31 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by HiAperture
Nice to see the A321T come back into full swing. Also SEA-DFW now has a 772 on it daily both ways on the entire new 4/2-5/5 period, very nice news!
I couldn't disagree more. The aisle access and not sitting near anyone trumps frequencies.
Old Feb 16, 2021, 11:46 am

Programs: AA PPro
Originally Posted by Ty Vil
I couldn't disagree more. The aisle access and not sitting near anyone trumps frequencies.
I agree that having all aisle access J and PE seats selectable as MCE is a better experience IF you could be sure AA would stick with it for the long term. I would be worried that if they had canned the A321T, once the widebodies were needed again internationally American would not have a premium domestic aircraft for transcons, or just rely entirely on Jetblue's Mint cabin with their new codeshare agreement. Plus the A321T is a truly unique product that it would be a shame to see end.
VSLover likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 6:30 am
dw

Seems like there’s currently something funky going on with revenue management and J fares on JFK-LAX (with the lowest fares pricing out at $1,250 one way, which is higher than F). Perhaps with the B6 partnership having launched, there are additional schedule alignments (reductions?) that are going to be loaded soon.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:29 am

Originally Posted by dw
Seems like there’s currently something funky going on with revenue management and J fares on JFK-LAX (with the lowest fares pricing out at $1,250 one way, which is higher than F). Perhaps with the B6 partnership having launched, there are additional schedule alignments (reductions?) that are going to be loaded soon.
This sounds like an isolated datapoint. There are many dates with lower fares than $1,250.

Currently, there are no valid fares for nonstop B6 code/AA operated flights on JFK-LAX. Flights have been loaded, but I have been experimenting and have not yet found a valid connecting itinerary on the B6 code incorporating these flights.

AA has not placed its code on B6 operated JFK-LAX flights at all. AA is selling seats on B6 operated JFK-SFO flights, though only in coach (for now?).
Old Feb 20, 2021, 8:43 am
dw

Originally Posted by NYC Flyer
This sounds like an isolated datapoint. There are many dates with lower fares than $1,250.
Looking at the Google Flights calendar, I’m not finding a single day (LAX-JFK) with J below 1,250 one way through the current “firmed up” schedule that ends first week of May. Some days show up on the calendar in the $900 range but that’s bc it’s showing the F fare. Not sure what’s going on, but I suspect just some RM glitch or a temporary placeholder.

Not seeing the same thing on the SFO transcons.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's possible AA is messing with inventory right now as it's Saturday and they are probably loading schedule changes. I'd check again later.

Last edited by xliioper; Feb 20, 2021 at 9:27 am
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by dw
I’m not finding a single day (LAX-JFK) with J below 1,250 one way through the current “firmed up” schedule that ends first week of May.
Thanks. I see it now. It is a system error of some sort, as lower I-class fares are loaded in Sabre for that period, and the required booking code inventory is also available during that week.

The fares are pricing correctly when I apply our agency's ticket designator as well.
dw likes this.

Last edited by NYC Flyer; Feb 20, 2021 at 9:16 am Reason: amplification
Old Feb 20, 2021, 9:21 am

Originally Posted by dw
Some days show up on the calendar in the $900 range but that’s bc it’s showing the F fare.
Originally Posted by xliioper
The cheaper "First" flights all look to involve connections and are not actually "Flagship First" with lie-flats. There looks to be better availability in cheaper buckets starting in May. You can readily see this on Google Flights (non-stop JFK-LAX AA business flights calendar).
dw is correct. The $927 fare is for first class on the nonstop flights. There are lower fares, just a pricing glitch occurring at the moment is not showing them in Sabre/GF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.