Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

What do you envision travel on AA when we start flying again

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do you envision travel on AA when we start flying again

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2020, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by radonc1
It will be fun to resurrect this thread in 2 year's time to see what was forecast and what actually happened.
Hopefully I don't think we'll need to resurrect it at all a I'm sure it will slowly chug on with travel updates over the upcoming 3-6-12 months and beyond.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Gold/MM, Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Hertz Presidents Circle
I just booked a domestic trip for mid-September and it showed a meal being served in F (CLT-AUS). So they obviously haven't decided (yet) to permanently cut out first class meals for shorter flights.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 11:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Stripe
I just booked a domestic trip for mid-September and it showed a meal being served in F (CLT-AUS). So they obviously haven't decided (yet) to permanently cut out first class meals for shorter flights.
So far, it appears they've cut meal service for <2200 mile flights through the end of June.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:27 pm

Programs: UA1K, 1MM,AA Exec. Platinum, Global Entry, Nexus
I believe service will come back in bursts. Initial service to start 14-21 days after the government feels like we are "safe" for contact.
Airlines will try to space seating during the first month or so. Greed will take over for safety and middle seats and full planes will become the norm just as soon as they can fill them up. Dollars trump safety 100% of the time. (Part of that 100% is of course bailout funds)
Personally I have three international trips booked for July Aug and Sept.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I suspect I'll be flying again in June. I expect to be flying with a mask on and meeting customers in a conference room 6 feet apart at the conf table wearing masks and no hand shaking. It truly will be a completely new world out there. My last flight was sea-dfw on March 4th. I feel like that was 10 years ago.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA LT Gold
As far as lounges, I think it would be reasonable that they no long offer self-serve anything, like the snacks at admirals club or alcohol at the Flagship lounges. Not sure how they would work that out at the Lounges that do not have a bar set up (or AA does not want to have the expense of additional bartenders, therefore, no drinks at all)
Bartenders will wear masks the first months that the lounges re-open.

As far as inflight service in business, ideally and personally, I would like to be given mini bottles and full cans of soda or mixers (yes, I know Krug does not come in mini bottles?, not that AA serves it) and I will personally wipe them out and open them at my seat.
Is there a rule that when serving drinks the FAs HAVE TO open the bottle or can? If that rule exists then I guess no drinks for anybody.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:00 pm

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
They should block off some rows for social distancing in the short term. Using the following example with a 77W. This will allow some comfort for both crew and passengers inflight. Medical screening can be dealt with upon arrival at customs .

Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:03 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by aacar
So far, it appears they've cut meal service for <2200 mile flights through the end of June.
Did they issue an update for inflight service after 4/30? As far as I can tell that was the latest date for inflight service changes.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AANYC1981
Did they issue an update for inflight service after 4/30? As far as I can tell that was the latest date for inflight service changes.
Yeah I don't think there was a new update from AA, but I was just looking at the meal details when searching for a flight online (showing beverage service only for flights on 6/30, but meals for the same flights on 7/1).
Old Apr 20, 2020, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler,Hyatt-Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Club Carlson, National-Exec.
I was able to book a flight on May 7th to SJO from MIA. Are international flights good to go?
I am not certain if the SJO Airport will be fully operational by May 6th. Any one knows if customs/immigration will be available to let the guests in.

Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2020, 2:54 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by klakhav
Are international flights good to go?
No. International borders are closed in most countries and are unlikely to reopen as soon as next month.
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I just saw a post from an AA FA saying that they can’t do beverage service for flights under 2,200 miles....hopefully he/she is mistaken or is this a new update?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AA100k
No. International borders are closed in most countries and are unlikely to reopen as soon as next month.
But this is a Miami to San Jose--nothing international about that (if you are a US citizen that is).
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:23 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, United Gold, IHG Amb Plat, HHonors Diamond(Aspire), Bonvoy LT Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by enviroian
But this is a Miami to San Jose--nothing international about that (if you are a US citizen that is).
Costa Rica is in the USA now?
Old Apr 20, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kabroui
Costa Rica is in the USA now?
I thought it was SJUmy bad

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.