Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Alaska / AS joining oneworld 31 Mar 2021, AA launching SEA-BLR/LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 13, 2020, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Alaska Airlines is expected join the oneworld Alliance as a full member summer 2021 end of 2020, pending regulatory approval*.
  • Alaska Airlines intends to join the oneworld® alliance, the world's fastest growing and most highly rated global airline alliance, by summer 2021, which will connect Alaska guests to more than 1,200 destinations worldwide.
  • American will launch the first service from Seattle (SEA) to Bangalore, India (BLR) beginning October 25 2020. A new American route from SEA to the global business hub London Heathrow (LHR) will begin flying in March 2021.
  • The airlines will continue their domestic codeshare that offers customers hassle-free booking and travel between the two networks. The codeshare will expand to include international routes from Los Angeles (LAX) and SEA.
  • Alaska and American loyalty members will enjoy benefits across both airlines, including the ability to earn and use miles on both airlines’ full networks, elite status reciprocity and lounge access to nearly 50 American Admirals Club lounges worldwide and seven Alaska Lounges in the U.S.
*The implementation of the expanded relationship and other arrangements described herein is subject to the negotiation and execution of definitive documentation and governmental review.

link to earning EQM, EQD, EQS and Award Miles flying Alaska Airlines as AS marketed flights. (If flying as AA marketed flight (codeshare), earnings are as if flying AA.) As of April 1, 2020.

Seattle’s first-ever direct flight to BLR will be available for purchase later this month, with daily flights beginning October 2020. Daily service between SEA and LHR will be available for purchase in May 2020 for flights starting March 2021.

link to full release, 13 Feb 2020

Alaska Airlines route map (including Virgin America)

Print Wikipost

Alaska / AS joining oneworld 31 Mar 2021, AA launching SEA-BLR/LHR

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2020, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It looks as if Oneworld is moving forward with alliance-wide frequent flyer upgrades. AS is mentioned in the article.

James
Very interesting news coming shortly after AA has just ended oneworld partner access to MCE.
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

off topic for this thread
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
It looks as if Oneworld is moving forward with alliance-wide frequent flyer upgrades. AS is mentioned in the article.
Originally Posted by cmd320
Very interesting news coming shortly after AA has just ended oneworld partner access to MCE.
Would expect it to be like the Star Alliance upgrade system: heavy on t&c's, expensive and useless for most people
https://www.executivetraveller.com/n...flyer-upgrades
Old Oct 29, 2020, 4:11 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Mwenenzi
I was trying to post in the AS forum from a thread search. It ended up here?????? Look at the thread title.

James
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
For some strange reason, the daily non-stop SEA-LHR AA156 takes a week off from being a daily flight as of 11/25/21. It does go back to daily on 11/30/21. I know, because I was supposed to fly back LHR-SEA on 11/29, and have now be rerouted LHR-DFW-SEA...
Old Sep 19, 2021, 3:54 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by bostonbali
For some strange reason, the daily non-stop SEA-LHR AA156 takes a week off from being a daily flight as of 11/25/21. It does go back to daily on 11/30/21. I know, because I was supposed to fly back LHR-SEA on 11/29, and have now be rerouted LHR-DFW-SEA...
Nov 25 is Thanksgiving in the US. Not unusual for them to cut back some flights during this very long weekend (Thursday-Sunday) as demand for Int'l travel drops considerably (comments made mostly for non-US FTers).
beltway likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.