Wiki Posts
Search

Seat help: MIA-BCN Business class

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2020, 2:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Gold
Seat help: MIA-BCN Business class

Hi. I am booked in Business class. MIA-BCN . Plane 777-200/200ER. Seats 1 D & H. Are these good seats in biz class? Other seat options are 7 D& H or 10 D& H.

Thanks for the help.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by lippjam
Hi. I am booked in Business class. MIA-BCN . Plane 777-200/200ER. Seats 1 D & H. Are these good seats in biz class? Other seat options are 7 D& H or 10 D& H.

Thanks for the help.
Not surprisingly there are dedicated threads on 772 business seating . Take a bit to read through...

Aircraft guide: Which 777-200ER / 772 / 777? (2019 on)

Best Business Seat 777-200 777 C37 Zodiac (Aft & Fwd) Business
Old Feb 6, 2020, 2:52 pm

Programs: AA PPro
I would prefer the first and larger cabin because once you board you are immediately in privacy, whereas in the second smaller cabin you have the entire rest of the plane streaming by you for boarding.

The first and last row are not ideal with the noise and light from the lavs and galley, making 2-4 the best options. Of the three options you have I would say row 1 (for the boarding factor), then row 10 (for distance from the lavs/galley), then row 7 in order of preference. Although important note, if you do end up with one of the Zodiac equipped planes row 7 will be your only option that assures you will face forward, so if you are opposed to facing backwards (something I actually don't mind on a plane so it may not bother you at all), row 1 and 10 center pairs will face backwards (but are actually quite close together compared to all the Super Diamond Seats and the forward facing Zodiac seats).

Are there any consecutive window seats available? The center seats aren't all that close together for couples IMHO (except the rear facing Zodiac seats), at least with two window seats you get some nice views in the morning.
Old Feb 6, 2020, 4:48 pm
Suspended

Programs: American Airlines
I flew this route two weeks ago and was in 7L. It's rear facing but when sleeping I found it advantageous because the slight angle up attitude was comfortable sleeping wise. Also because of the rear facing you don't get the galley lights at all.

Last edited by enviroian; Feb 6, 2020 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 6, 2020, 5:16 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
Originally Posted by lippjam

Thanks for the help.
Keep those seats.....quiet up there in the forward cabin. But, take time to read through the dedicated threads to get other opinions and advice.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
On 772s I always make sure to choose a seat that will be rear-facing if it's one with the Zodiac seats. This is because I find the rear-facing seats have more space for your stuff. So for example, I'm on a 772 BCN-JFK in March, and I chose 2L. Hopefully it will be the BE seats, as those are much better than the rather narrow Zodiacs.
(but either way I'm on a very low econ fare already upgraded with SWU, so I'm happy)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.