Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2017, 3:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I remember now, it was the other way 'round: availability shown on AA.com, but not with AA in Australia.
Has anyone managed to get around this situation ?
You can either book on AA.com (USA) or call reservations and ask them to book it for you.
Old Jun 26, 2017, 4:23 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
You can either book on AA.com (USA) or call reservations and ask them to book it for you.
"this situation" pertained to my earlier post: [There is Finnair availability showing on both BA and QF websites for redemption, but not AA.com]
Old Jun 27, 2017, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

"this situation" pertained to my earlier post: [There is Finnair availability showing on both BA and QF websites for redemption, but not AA.com]
Provided the availability on the BA and QF sites isn't phantom, you can still call AA reservations, give them the flight numbers, and ask them to book it for you.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 4:56 pm

Provided the availability on the BA and QF sites isn't phantom, you can still call AA reservations, give them the flight numbers, and ask them to book it for you.
The flight is not phantom. Technically, I have already asked them to book it for me. So what aids AA reservations with the flight numbers?
Old Jun 27, 2017, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The flight is not phantom. Technically, I have already asked them to book it for me. So what aids AA reservations with the flight numbers?
You give the agents the flight route and flight numbers, for example 'I've found availability on another booking tool for a flight bangkok to Helsinki on 1 July. It's the AY123. Can you also see that in your system?'

If they can't see it it means one of two things, either the availability is phantom, or they are looking properly. You can hang up and try again with another agent if you need.
Old Jun 27, 2017, 7:27 pm

... bangkok to Helsinki on 1 July. It's the AY123. Can you also see that in your system?'
I don't see it on BA, QF or AA, unlike in my case, with BA & QF showing, but not AA.
How did you get it?

If they can't see it it means one of two things, either the availability is phantom, or they are looking properly. You can hang up and try again with another agent if you need.
Already called twice.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:08 pm

Is oneworld award seat availability allowed to be blocked from redemption by other oneworld airlines' award programs?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:53 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Is oneworld award seat availability allowed to be blocked from redemption by other oneworld airlines' award programs?
Unfortunately, the answer appears to be yes.

I have seen multiple examples over the past couple of years of different availability across different programs.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by danger
I have seen multiple examples over the past couple of years of different availability across different programs.
I can understand the discrepancy arising from nonuniformity of software/website, but active blockade?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:04 pm
Suspended

Answer is no; by policy award seats of any given oneworld partner are supposed to be equally available to all other oneworld partners (differing booking windows, importantly, not included in this.)
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Answer is no; by policy award seats of any given oneworld partner are supposed to be equally available to all other oneworld partners (differing booking windows, importantly, not included in this.)
Thanks Jon, but how does one approach the AAward agents in such a situation?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 6:24 pm
Suspended

Thanks Jon, but how does one approach the AAward agents in such a situation?
Well, that's definitely been an ongoing and epidemic issue, needless to say, with differing -possible- remedies in different cases, etc. But, at the end of the day, beyond HUCA and/or figuring out some of the specific technical issues unique to each case, no real leverage or "court of appeal" as it were.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:34 pm

Is it possible to transit via multiple third regions using AA miles as long as both third regions would have been allowed on their own? I searched, but I didn't find any answers.

For example: US Lower 48 - LHR - HKG - MLE on a single award?

I ask because I'm finding much better CX F availability on the LHR-HKG leg than anywhere else, and I would be more than happy to pass through Heathrow if it means that we can try out the product.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by charlinator
Is it possible to transit via multiple third regions using AA miles as long as both third regions would have been allowed on their own? I searched, but I didn't find any answers.

For example: US Lower 48 - LHR - HKG - MLE on a single award?

I ask because I'm finding much better CX F availability on the LHR-HKG leg than anywhere else, and I would be more than happy to pass through Heathrow if it means that we can try out the product.
No, you can't. If you want to fly from North America to the Indian Subcontinent region on CX on a single award, you must go via the Pacific.
Old Jun 29, 2017, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by guv1976
No, you can't. If you want to fly from North America to the Indian Subcontinent region on CX on a single award, you must go via the Pacific.
Thanks! Now to set up my AwardNexus alerts...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.