Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Archived] AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (2015-2018)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2016, 11:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
What would be a valid routing from LHR to PPT? I was thinking of either the SCL-PPT flight or HNL-PPT flights.

Could I do LHR-LAX-HNL-PPT as one award on BA/AA and HA?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:19 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by onlysuites
What would be a valid routing from LHR to PPT? I was thinking of either the SCL-PPT flight or HNL-PPT flights.

Europe <-> S. Pacific can connect in Asia or middle east using QR or QF-- all carrier published fare/routing allowing, of course.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JonNYC
Europe <-> S. Pacific can connect in Asia or middle east using QR or QF-- all carrier published fare/routing allowing, of course.
QF doesn't fly to PPT though. So does this mean that a award is not possible through AA?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Just curious; what about TN's direct flight CDG-PPT (which is via LAX)?
Old Aug 14, 2016, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by pandaperth
Just curious; what about TN's direct flight CDG-PPT (which is via LAX)?
It's a darn good question. Seeing as it's one flight #, I have to wonder if it's allowed, and, I think I've seen folks reports using that flight as an award?

If it -wasn't- a single flight # than, for sure, this would apply:

Routing - Travel Wholly Within or Between All Other Regions

These awards do not allow a connection via North America and therefore, do not include travel on American Airlines.
But have to see if my memory is correct that some have reported getting that as an award-- very possible I'm confusing it with the TN/AF-codeshare LAX-CDG thing.

Last edited by JonNYC; Aug 14, 2016 at 1:42 pm
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:56 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
If IB doesn't offer an unconstructed fare for MAD-NRT-PPT or MAD-HKG-NRT-PPT, there will not be single award availability ever.
Interesting, as awards using IB's co-owned partner, BA, are possible. I sent a request to them via social media to look into this, but am not holding my breath, particularly as reasonable connections appear to be possible one way only at present.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:58 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
It's a darn good question. Seeing as it's one flight #, I have to wonder if it's allowed, and, I think I've seen folks reports using that flight as an award?

If it -wasn't- a single flight # than, for sure, this would apply:

But have to see if my memory is correct that some have reported getting that as an award-- very possible I'm confusing it with the TN/AF-codeshare LAX-CDG thing.
I have tried to book TN's CDG-(LAX)-PPT service in the past and was told two awards would be required as the flight proceeds via NA. Funnily enough, some agents suggested this routing given the difficulties with the other flights but were disabused of the notion when they tried to book it.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by UKdiver
I have tried to book TN's CDG-(LAX)-PPT service in the past and was told two awards would be required as the flight proceeds via NA.
Makes sense.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 10:01 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Interesting, as awards using IB's co-owned partner, BA, are possible.
And BA will be happy to charge you, by distance, for each individual segment...
Old Aug 15, 2016, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't realise the post directly above mine was also discussing PPT routings. ^
Old Aug 15, 2016, 9:35 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG/Marriot Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Expl
Interesting, as awards using IB's co-owned partner, BA, are possible. I sent a request to them via social media to look into this, but am not holding my breath, particularly as reasonable connections appear to be possible one way only at present.
BA awards are booked by BAEC rules. AA awards are booked by AAdvantage rules, which state that in addition to the routing restrictions (such as single award Europe to S. Pacific can't transit N. America), the primary/overwater carrier must publish an unconstructed fare from origin to destination.
Old Aug 15, 2016, 12:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by akcae
BA awards are booked by BAEC rules. AA awards are booked by AAdvantage rules, which state that in addition to the routing restrictions (such as single award Europe to S. Pacific can't transit N. America), the primary/overwater carrier must publish an unconstructed fare from origin to destination.
So would MAD-SCL-PPT be a valid routing?
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:05 pm
Suspended

So would MAD-SCL-PPT be a valid routing?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27066109-post1705.html
Old Aug 15, 2016, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Makes sense.
But I too recall someone posting on FT that they were able to book the TN CDG-PPT through-flight as a single award (along the same lines of being able to book LAN's LAX-SCL through-flight as a single award, even when it transits LIM in the South America 1 zone).
Old Aug 15, 2016, 3:30 pm

Programs: Qantas, American Airlines, Hyatt, Accor
I think the most likely route for LHR-PPT would be via Asia and AKL. However the TN flight from AKL is only Su-Tu-Thu and you must connect so that you are in AKL for less than 24h. Both QR and CX fly one-stop to AKL.

Last edited by Granlor; Aug 15, 2016 at 3:38 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.