Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA Increasing Carry On Bag Enforcement, Audits (Oct 2019)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA Increasing Carry On Bag Enforcement, Audits (Oct 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RDUflyer2
No enforcement on either mainline or regional in CLT this past weekend.
Everyone (including FC) had to valet check bags on regional flights so enforcement is non-issue.
Some stations are enforcing this even on regional flights. On a recent flight out of DCA to RDU, if the bag didn't fit, the gate agent checked it to the final destination in lieu of valet tagging it.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT - 2.9MM, Lifetime AC, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Hertz Precs Crcl
Originally Posted by Segments
JonNYC has a tweet with info on priority valet tags back on 11/14 regarding and who is eligible to use

https://twitter.com/xjonnyc/status/1...979107328?s=21
Thanks for that. However, it seems to be talking about Valet tags used for regional flights. If mainline aircraft (or even the E175 that can hold full roller-boards) are involved in a gate check, I always thought the ONLY option was for cargo hold going to baggage claim at final destination. (Stollers seemed to be the only item returned at the gate.) Jon's post certainly says the yellow versus red valet tag will be available to more pax, but does that mean a gate check on mainline can be valet for the pax as well? I'm not reading that, but it could mean that.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 3:58 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Have seen no enforcement at my home airport of CLT.

Safe Travels
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:00 pm

Programs: AA, Amex
Originally Posted by GTITAN
Have seen no enforcement at my home airport of CLT.

Safe Travels
I actually just boarded at the D gates and they got the sizer out and got a few people on it. Pretty clearly larger than allowed, mostly in depth
GTITAN likes this.
Old Nov 26, 2019, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Originally Posted by jerseytom
I actually just boarded at the D gates and they got the sizer out and got a few people on it. Pretty clearly larger than allowed, mostly in depth
Good to know, I have a late night flight this evening in dreaded E. LOL

Safe Travels
Old Nov 26, 2019, 6:59 pm

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by jerseytom
Now when that happens I insist that they use on it on the carry-on baggage and not on the passenger. It is Thanksgiving and my stretchy pants make their annual appearance.
karenkay and thunderdeacon like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.