Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Reservations Reverses Reissued Ticket Without Request/Consent

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reservations Reverses Reissued Ticket Without Request/Consent

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by chuck1
I personally think it's ridiculous that AA won't stand behind the agent who promised and reissued the ticket.
It's very indicative of their customer service (or lack of) mentality and this is from an EXP/6MM.
All it would take is for the supervisor to tell the agent you've already done it and we are going to stand behind the one we already promised.
Has AA created a fear at every level where the system automatically reports a booking violation and the supervisory level above calls out every agent on a lower rung of the totem pole?
Actually, it's quite common. Read the Ts and Cs for most large scale consumer businesses (like credit cards, for example) and you'll find that all, or nearly all, have a provision that the terms and conditions cannot be altered or waived by an individual employee.
wrp96 and BWISkyGuy like this.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 6:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Pigs get fat and hogs get slaughtered.
Who’s really the pig and or hog here?

I got my trips change by American to an itinerary that’s more convenient for them, and I asked them to change them to something more convenient for me.

But American, unlike Southwest for example, hits people constantly with $200 change fee, and conjured up the concept of basic economy, just to extract more money from passengers, arguably they’re colluding with their competitors to do price-fixing, all to screw the consumer.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 9:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by donotblink
But American, unlike Southwest for example, hits people constantly with $200 change fee, and conjured up the concept of basic economy, just to extract more money from passengers, arguably they’re colluding with their competitors to do price-fixing, all to screw the consumer.
Good thing that no other airlines charge a change fee.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:11 pm

I can never understand why people who are such fans of southwest keep flying other airlines and complaining. Southwest flies non stop to Denver. People who prefer their policies have the option of flying them.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 6:53 pm
abk

Programs: AA LT Plat/8.1mm now with 1350 miles left in my account and proud of it.. SPG LT Titanium.
In the real world one could view this as an accord and satisfaction which when ticketed became a binding contract.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
So wanted to post an update and pose a question to you all. The twitter team supposedly put me back on AA 796 before the agent's 2nd reissue had reticketed. This is reflected on the website. They queued the reservation for ticketing again onto AA 796 (which is the same flight as the last issued ticket), however the ticket is currently still stuck in ticket pending -- since October 14. My thought is that it's definitely best to not rock the boat at this point. But I wanted to get your thoughts: at what point, if at all should I reach out to someone letting them know the ticket hasn't been reissued? If so, who should I do that with? The Twitter team? The prefunds.aa.com site is showing an exchange receipt indicating the status as "OK" on flight 796.

If I don't reach out to anyone, and it just stays like this, could I fly with the website indicating that the ticket is pending, if there is an underlining ticket for the same flight in ticketed status? Clearly, I'm not as familiar with Sabre functionality as I should be.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:42 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
If the ticket says pending, I believe it will need to get resolved either in advance or at the ATO on day of travel. I'd personally call to get it unstuck from whatever purgatory it's in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.