Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SimplyMiles and earning AAdvantage miles - Scam? Good? Bad?

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 5:05 am

Programs: AA EXP and Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by dingo
I have to follow up about half the time on simplymiles and all the time with aa shopping. I cant explain simplymiles, but for shopping I think Ive got cookies locked down too tight.
Any sort of cookie blocking/ad blocking will make your life hell with aa shopping. Use a different browser/browser profile with no cookie/ad blocking and things will be much smoother.
Old May 19, 2023, 6:14 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
The downside of allowing allowing cookies though is missing out on the great customer service they have. 😀
Old May 19, 2023, 12:23 pm

Programs: American Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Silver
SimplyMiles shouldn't need a cookie. It tracks your card number when you make a purchase. It doesn't use a tracked portal or anything.
Old Jul 25, 2023, 8:14 am
Original Member

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Diamond, AA Plat Pro, UA Silver
Anyone having issues adding offers? I am logged in and click add to card but it returns right away to add to card. I notice even though I am logged in it still welcome advantage member and not my name like it used to. Tried on several different browsers including one I haven't used before with simplymiles and no luck. Works fine with my daugher and my wifes account.
Old Jul 31, 2023, 11:13 pm

Programs: United 1k aa exec plat
i saw the stuff about issues with postings for overseas purchases-but does simply miles work with overseas credit card?which is all that i have..thanks
Old Oct 2, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage PPro
Is anyone else having issues getting SimplyMiles to credit their Aadvantage account? I've made two purchases recently, and nothing.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 6:50 am

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AA EXP, HH Diamond, MR Gold, Avis PC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skviolet98
Is anyone else having issues getting SimplyMiles to credit their Aadvantage account? I've made two purchases recently, and nothing.
I just did an in-store Carter's purchase last weekend and was credited correctly a few days later.
skviolet98 likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
I'm waiting on one - Simplymiles did reply to my missing miles claim and i sent them the receipt. But still waiting on any miles....
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
As I didn't see anyone asking this, I took one for the team:

The promos for Holiday Inn and HIE for 930 miles each/$100 spend had a language that was a 1st for me: 'Only U.S.-issued Citi Mastercard Credit Cards are eligible' The issuer part is new for me because I don't have any Citi issued MC and always get the miles for the promos I sign.

Data point:

I shuffled some upcoming reservations with Hyatt which were flexible rate, cancelled to take advantage of these promos and as the travel was closer and more firmly planned I got stingy and booked prepaid rate for Holiday Inn. Hoping that it was a mistake on the terms (probably they copied from the citi credit cards promotions, who share the same provider for technology), and around 6 days later the miles posted correctly.

So now I confidently shuffled another reservation for the HIE 930 miles promotion.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:25 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
I shuffled some upcoming reservations with Hyatt which were flexible rate, cancelled to take advantage of these promos and as the travel was closer and more firmly planned I got stingy and booked prepaid rate for Holiday Inn. Hoping that it was a mistake on the terms (probably they copied from the citi credit cards promotions, who share the same provider for technology), and around 6 days later the miles posted correctly. So now I confidently shuffled another reservation for the HIE 930 miles promotion.
Did you book directly through Holiday Inn website?
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by kklems
Anyone having issues adding offers? I am logged in and click add to card but it returns right away to add to card. I notice even though I am logged in it still welcome advantage member and not my name like it used to. Tried on several different browsers including one I haven't used before with simplymiles and no luck. Works fine with my daugher and my wifes account.
yes have had that issue
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:28 am

Yes I just email them now:
Customer Service <[email protected]>
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:31 am

Programs: AY+ Platsku, CM Silver, Frontier Elite 100K, Marriott Gold and LT Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador.
Originally Posted by WannaTheater
So you registered for the promotion on Simplymiles... did you book directly through IGH website?
Yes, you register for the promo on SM and book directly, it tracks by credit card and total spend (nothing to worry about pre tax amount and all that BS), that's how it works with SM and that's why it's stackable most of the time (you can confidently book thru a shopping portal for example).

It's the same interface as many of the Credit Card promos directly with the bank (the technology provider is the same for the Citi promos).

Full terms that prompted me to treat this as a test:

PS: It doesn't stack with Citi offers, as it is the same provider and tracked at the credit card # level, if you register on one side it clears on the other (not tested by me, reported by business partners).
Old Oct 3, 2023, 10:53 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Venezuela-Miami
Yes, you register for the promo on SM and book directly, it tracks by credit card and total spend (nothing to worry about pre tax amount and all that BS), that's how it works with SM and that's why it's stackable most of the time (you can confidently book thru a shopping portal for example).
My guess is it would not stack if booked through AAdvantagehotels, as the charge is not directly to Holiday Inn... .but booked through AAshopping I would think it would.
Old Oct 3, 2023, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by WannaTheater
My guess is it would not stack if booked through AAdvantagehotels, as the charge is not directly to Holiday Inn... .but booked through AAshopping I would think it would.
Never tried but almost guaranteed it would not. The charge should be made directly by Holiday Inn.

I also use AAvantagehotels but TBH I didn't check the math this time. And I should have because nights doesn't count for lifetime status on IHG, and i'm more interested in AA's RDMs and LPs so there's no much downside on the Hotel Loyalty side if the mileage earnings are significantly higher thru BAAH.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.