Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Piedmont dba American Eagle ground stop 23 Sep 2019

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Piedmont dba American Eagle ground stop 23 Sep 2019

Search this Thread

Old Sep 23, 2019, 7:49 pm

sounds like they need a backup internet connection...
pretty basic to have these days...
RoyalFlush likes this.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum/Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite-Lifetime, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cmd320
Agreed. Nothing worse than a CRJ.
I don't get the hate of the CRJ-200s. I'll take a CRJ-200 over an EMB-145 any day.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:24 am

Programs: IHG Spire, National Exec, AA Plat
Originally Posted by enpremiere
From http://www.wboc.com/story/41088052/c...flight-delays:

How they don't have better backbone connectivity diversification in this day and age is quite something!
I've seen examples where even having multiple fully diverse fiber connectivity can still both go down in extreme circumstances. Usually it's due to major construction where there is digging across multiple areas and they happen to hit both. It sucks, but it happens.

Now, why something as critical as an airline doesn't have a 2nd geographically diverse datacenter is another question. Guess this is what you get when you outsource to the regionals.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:09 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by USFlyerUS
I don't get the hate of the CRJ-200s. I'll take a CRJ-200 over an EMB-145 any day.
Each to their own but 1x2 beats 2x2. The ERJs have more space - seating arrangement is more “spread out” and isn’t as crammed as the CRJ.

I am sure we all agree that 50 seaters suck but the ERJ has the slight edge for me.
Spiff, wrp96 and GrumpyYoungMan like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 6:48 am

Programs: CK or bust
Originally Posted by bchandler02
I've seen examples where even having multiple fully diverse fiber connectivity can still both go down in extreme circumstances. Usually it's due to major construction where there is digging across multiple areas and they happen to hit both. It sucks, but it happens.

Now, why something as critical as an airline doesn't have a 2nd geographically diverse datacenter is another question. Guess this is what you get when you outsource to the regionals.
No worries, I lent them my old 56k dial-up modem so they’re back in action!
wrp96 likes this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, B6, DL, EK, EY, QR, SQ, UA, Amex Plat, Marriott Tit, HHonors Gold
I disagree. I would much prefer 1x2. The windows on the ERJ are also placed considerably higher making it feel less claustrophobic and I find the head/shoulder space to be much better on the ERJ than the CRJ.
wrp96 and AANYC1981 like this.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 7:34 am

Programs: AA, Amex
I get to take a CRJ200 for work with some regularity. I don't mind the 2x2 seating. To me the biggest thing is just that it's loud - not that I know that an E145 would be any better.

For a quick ~1 hr jaunt between regional FBO's it is an amazing way to travel. A coast to coast flight isn't as amazing.
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM HH Gold, Marriot Titanium
Originally Posted by jerseytom
I get to take a CRJ200 for work with some regularity. I don't mind the 2x2 seating. To me the biggest thing is just that it's loud - not that I know that an E145 would be any better.

For a quick ~1 hr jaunt between regional FBO's it is an amazing way to travel. A coast to coast flight isn't as amazing.
I can't really distinguish any redeeming characteristics between the planes. Both are cramped, both are loud, both are old and crummy. I fly both enough to know I dislike them a lot. I'm barely 5'9" and feel incredibly cramped on the ERJ and find it impossible to do work (not enough room to open a laptop). One of my biggest gripes about the ERJ is their operational record (at least out of PHL). Tracking my year of flights, of 110 flights taken so far I've had 24 scheduled on ERJs. I've had 3 cancellations and 6 delays of over an hour due to maintenance issues. Unfortunately, the routes between PHL and CHO, ORF, RIC, TYS, and GNV abound with these planes/Piedmont....
Old Sep 24, 2019, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
They are running an excellent operation. Look at the stats. Like today, mainline has a grand total of 5 cancellations systemwide and, at the moment 88% on time. That's typical of the current operation.
To put this in perspective though, today it's 13 for AA, 2 for DL and 0 for UA. American's mainline cancellation rate is consistently way higher than the competition even on good days.
cmd320 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.