Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

DFW Flagship Lounge vs Centurion Lounge Comparison

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DFW Flagship Lounge vs Centurion Lounge Comparison

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2019, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by knownothing
Always get a manacure or pedi at centurian
Which Centurion's actually have a spa? The handful I've visited did not seem to have one?
chitink likes this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: American Airlines
Does the FL have any spa services like the Virgin club?
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:19 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador; AA EXP 3MM; AS MVP, Hilton Gold, CH-47/UH-60/C-23/C-130 VET
Originally Posted by enviroian
Does the FL have any spa services like the Virgin club?
I've been to several and never heard of it.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Currently in the flagship lounge. I would concur with others observations. Very open and spacious, not overly crowded, nice food selection and good wine and champagne. Bar appears to be DIY but good selection. Centurion wins for spa and mixed drinks with food being a tie or slightly better in flagship.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 6:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2 .5 MM
I have been in the FL’s in MIA, JFK, ORD, LAX and CL’s in MIA and DFW and I find the FL’s are much better food wise in the current times especially MIA. I will be in the FL in DFW on 8/30 so I look forward to checking it out.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA CK, Hyatt Globalist
I was in the Flagship Lounge at DFW last month and was really impressed. Very good wine list and decent food but most importantly, it was not a mob scene inside.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 5:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hertz platinum, Bonvoy titanium , Delta flying colonel/platinum/MM, retired old men board member
Originally Posted by PHLondoner
Which Centurion's actually have a spa? The handful I've visited did not seem to have one?
  • Spa services*
  • **Available in select locations.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Poster

FWIW, we tested both. Thoughts below:

- Food: Centurion Lounge selection is much more limited but appeared higher quality and was being constantly replaced. FL food was stale and appeared to be under heat lamp for some time
- Booze: Alcohol quality is comparable. Bartender (CL) vs self-serve (FL). Lines were a bit long at CL. YMMV
- Space: CL is long and thin. FL is spacious and enormous
- Kids: CL has a noise-proof room with toys and books

We were traveling with a 2yr old so the kids room ended up being the most important criteria for us

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.