Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

August 2019 international expansion announced

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: reeg2
American Airlines new routes announcements

AA announced these new routes 8 August 2019:

DFW-TLV (Tel Aviv) 3x weekly 789 year-round, starting 09/2020
ORD-BUD (Budapest), 4x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
ORD-KRK (Krakow) , 5x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
ORD-PRG (Prague), 5x weekly 788 seasonal, runs 05/2020-10/2020
PHL-CMN (Casablanca) 3x weekly 752 seasonal, runs 06/2020-09/2020

New flights will be available for purchase Aug. 12, with the exception of TLV, which will be available for purchase Oct. 10.

See post #1 for more detail
Print Wikipost

August 2019 international expansion announced

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2019, 7:09 pm

Programs: AA PLT, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Djokison

I don’t think you understood what the poster was saying...
Haha - I'm guessing the poster is also unfamiliar with Yogi Berra. Wouldn't expect non-Americans to know.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
PHL Press release -

https://www.phl.org/drupalbin/media/...e%208-8-19.pdf

Considering the rumors/speculation that PHL-TXL was on the chopping block I'm amazed that it's going daily.
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:38 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by shd9
So it looks like going forward AA's new route strategy is to fly non-premium, no-competition market with their Economy Class-heavy aircrafts, and mostly giving up their competition in the front and on premium routes to UA and DL?
American has actually announced that they plan on putting lie-flat business, premium economy, MCE, and economy on their future A321XLRs. These planes are meant to replace the longer 757 routes such as PHL-EDI, PHL-SNN, and now PHL-CMN. So, your correct in the short term, but in the long term, AA is planning on fixing this problem.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
757 to CMN ? Really ? AA can shove its 757. I will fly AT 789 or 788 from/to MIA/BOS/JFK/IAD/YUL to CMN instead.

It's the same flight time as a flight from PHL to LHR. It happens to be a smaller market that AA is testing out with a smaller plane, which sadly has to be the 757. There are no other planes in the fleet, at the moment, that AA is able to send on long-distance, smaller market flights. My guess is that if it does well they may bump it up to a 788 next summer saying those are supposed to start PHL service early next year.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:21 am

Location: DL: Silver; AA: EX PLAT; UA: Silver; HY: DIA; HH: DIA; MR: TIT
Originally Posted by flyingeph12
Put me in the category of people that don't want to go through PHL, even though I do sometimes because I have to. Are we certain those "hundreds of thousands of people" want to go through PHL, and would do so if given the choice of a different AA hub? Sure, maybe PHL is less prone to delays than JFK or ORD, but the lounge situation is pretty dire, the agents tend to be rude, and the domestic feeder flight will most likely be on an LUS plane with no power.
Gate agents are rude, i will concede that. Lounge situation will be fixed by end of 2020, i think. LUS plane lack power but one almost always gets a PDB and the planes are staffed with what i now honestly believe are the more attentive FAs overall.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by MasterGeek
757 to CMN ? Really ? AA can shove its 757. I will fly AT 789 or 788 from/to MIA/BOS/JFK/IAD/YUL to CMN instead.
When an airline is essentially 100% owned by the State and its King, with zero accountability to public shareholders, it's easy to spend money on big toys.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 8:23 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Admirals Club member
The anti-PHL hyperbole is awful. No one wants to connect anywhere, right up until they hit the ‘Buy’ button because they know PHL is more or less in a direct line between their airport & the place in Europe they’re trying to get to. For 80% of the crowd, no one cares. It’s an airport. It needs candy bars & bathrooms & we’ll be happy.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by joeyE
The anti-PHL hyperbole is awful. No one wants to connect anywhere, right up until they hit the ‘Buy’ button because they know PHL is more or less in a direct line between their airport & the place in Europe they’re trying to get to. For 80% of the crowd, no one cares. It’s an airport. It needs candy bars & bathrooms & we’ll be happy.
Exactly. Most FFs goal is to get from A-B with the least hassle, not spend hours luxuriating in a cheap airport Spa. Careful using BIG words like "hyperbole" in this Forum.
Old Aug 17, 2019, 6:06 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 4.6 MM, LT Pt, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Some of you might know that I get a kick out of being on the inaugural flight of a significant new AA international route. So far I've done DFW/HKG, LAX/SYD, DFW/ICN (first 789 flight), and LAX/HKG. When last week's announcement of five new international routes came out, I decided to get on the inaugural flight from Philadelphia to Casablanca. As far as I can determine, AA has never flown to Africa in the past. Also, with Royal Air Maroc joining oneworld, this can only be a benefit to an AA flyer. AT's main hub is CMN so the connection possibilities throughout Africa are quite large. The only factor holding me back from booking the inaugural flight was the aircraft type. As mentioned upthread, the 757 is far from the favorite international aircraft of most FT types. However, the J seat is the same B/E Diamond seat used in the transcon A321T's. This will be my chance to give the seat a try as I've never been in J on transcons. I'll post a trip report!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by vanillabean
“You're getting on that plane with Victor where you belong!”

https://www.cntraveler.com/story/american-airlines-new-routes-morocco-
Indeed!
Old Sep 24, 2019, 5:38 pm

Any insight into snagging a Business SAAver seat for these new routes? I'm specifically looking at ORD-PRG but nothing is available all summer, except for economy SAAver.
Old Sep 29, 2019, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by buildingcredit
Any insight into snagging a Business SAAver seat for these new routes? I'm specifically looking at ORD-PRG but nothing is available all summer, except for economy SAAver.
With only 20 J seats per plane, I wouldn't hold your breath, except maybe a seat here or there midweek or in the shoulder season.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 2:31 am

Programs: AA EXP; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, UA 1.56MM (fmr UA1K)
Second thoughts on frequency ORD-KRK? I was ticketed 6/4 for KRK-ORD and looked at my (reward) ticket and the Int segment was gone. I looked and my segment is gone because the flight is gone for that day. I’ve not called yet because I am not sure what I want... my guess is that they’ll want me to fly either a day earlier or a day later—neither of which I am inclined to do.
Old Dec 19, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Renard
Second thoughts on frequency ORD-KRK? I was ticketed 6/4 for KRK-ORD and looked at my (reward) ticket and the Int segment was gone. I looked and my segment is gone because the flight is gone for that day. I’ve not called yet because I am not sure what I want... my guess is that they’ll want me to fly either a day earlier or a day later—neither of which I am inclined to do.
Your other option, which they will allow you to do, is to fly on AA/BA to LHR or AY to HEL and connect to KRK.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 4:25 pm

As expected, AA has canceled flight 82 from PHL to CMN on June 4th of this year. This was to have been the inaugural flight to Casablanca and I had a round trip ticket in business class. When I called the EXP line, there was no trouble whatsoever in getting a refund to my original form of payment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.