Search

Booking award flights for web specials

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Booking award flights for web specials

The T&C's say no changes. Does this also apply to EXP's? There are some low award redemption rates to Tucson this weekend and was curious before I click confirm. Any other award ticket I can cancel free of charge.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 10:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by enviroian
The T&C's say no changes. Does this also apply to EXP's? There are some low award redemption rates to Tucson this weekend and was curious before I click confirm. Any other award ticket I can cancel free of charge.
I believe “no changes” on web special awards is like “no upgrades” for Basic Economy; both seem to offer no exceptions based on status.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:00 pm

Programs: AAdvantage
Economy Web Specials can’t be changed but they can be cancelled and the miles reinstated to your account. For most members there is a fee for the reinstatement. However, this fee is waived for EXPs.
MathMusic likes this.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: American Airlines
Originally Posted by DigitalDemographic
Economy Web Specials can’t be changed but they can be cancelled and the miles reinstated to your account. For most members there is a fee for the reinstatement. However, this fee is waived for EXPs.
thanks-
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Asked and answered in the dedicated threads as well...

Trips that include Economy Web Specials cannot be changed once ticketed.

"Economy Web Special" Award (dynamic price, fewer miles, more restrictions Oct 2018)
Old Aug 7, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: AA CK MM, AC SE100K, BA Gold, UA 1K, DL Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by enviroian
As EXP, you just can't make any voluntary changes. So, if you need to make a change after booking, you simply cancel, have the miles reinstated and taxes refunded, and you can then re-book another award ticket, if desired.

So, it's basically just the extra step of cancelling and re-booking as opposed to being able to make a simple change -- EXPs really aren't affected otherwise.
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.