Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 1, 2019, 11:08 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
SCL - Aeropuerto Internacional Comodoro Arturo Merino Benítez de Santiago de Chile

NOTE: The SCL / Santiago de Chile Admirals Club will close as of 1 May 2019.

Link to SCL airport information on aa.com

Link to SCL website (English)

Link to oneworld website Lounge Access and Lounge Finder tool

International Building Admirals Club

Location: International Building, after security on the left, across from gate 19

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline

Hours: Please see here for current hours

N.B. Not valid for arriving passengers. Transit passengers must have valid same-day ticket for departure permitting access through security.

Amenities:
  • Complimentary Wi-Fi
  • PCs with Internet access
  • Showers
  • Childrens room
LATAM VIP Lounge yclept Neruda Lounge

Location: International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Access: Business Class, First Class, Sapphire Tier or Emerald Tier departing on any oneworld airline; departing Admirals Club members.

Hours: Daily: 03:00-01:00 but please see here for current hours.

Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's latest joint VIP lounge, the newest and largest lounge in South America, opened on 25th March 2015. The lounge has direct access from the LAN and TAM preferential check-in area. Features include restful and relaxing spaces, individual restrooms, showers, laundry pressing and shoe-shining services, a sleeping room, chaise lounge chairs for rest and relaxation, a business center, individual power outlets, unlimited wi-fi, entertainment and videogame zone, unique culinary offerings and an excellent selection of regional wines and award-winning champagne.
Link to archived thread with previous posts (2006-May 2010)

The current thread may be accessed here.

[/COLOR]
Print Wikipost

ARCHIVE: Guide: SCL / Santiago Chile Admirals Club & LATAM VIP Lounge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2013, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by HNL
LA *should* be able to issue you your connecting SCL-US flight upon check-in at PUQ. If LAN us unable to issue the BP in PUQ I would try at SCL. That said I found it impossible to get AA to issue be a BP for an AA Coded LA Operated MIA-SCL flight. I had to check-in with LA at MIA.

Short of that you have OLCI options or the hope a prayer that the kiosk is up and running before check-in begins.
That´s weird, I didn´t have any problems to check in through AA for the AA codeshare flight on LAN. I hope the itinerary receipt is enough. Maybe I should just stay at the domestic lounge with Priority Pass for an hour or two.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO
Originally Posted by HNL
LA *should* be able to issue you your connecting SCL-US flight upon check-in at PUQ. If LAN us unable to issue the BP in PUQ I would try at SCL. That said I found it impossible to get AA to issue be a BP for an AA Coded LA Operated MIA-SCL flight. I had to check-in with LA at MIA.

Short of that you have OLCI options or the hope a prayer that the kiosk is up and running before check-in begins.
LAN issued me BPs all the way from PUQ back to LGA without a problem even though the final AA segment was greater than 24 hours away.

I did not try to enter the lounges upon entering Chile. After paying my fee, waiting forever to get bags then getting a very thorough bag search of all my camping gear there wasn't enough time to justify the hassle. I just took a two hour nap in the domestic terminal. The seats don't have arms and are somewhat padded, thus it's not a bad nap.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...da-lounge.html

Last edited by JDiver; May 9, 2015 at 7:36 pm Reason: Temporary use for curating
Old May 9, 2015, 9:19 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Time for a bump:

The LATAM (LAN+TAM) VIP lounge (primarily serving LA, JJ and IB) has opened; it's a oneworld lounge. As shown in the wiki and oneworld lounge listings:

LAN & TAM VIP Lounge yclept Neruda Lounge

Location: International Building, after security, 4th floor, near Gates 14/15 (opened 28 March 2015).

Hours: Daily: 03:00-01:00 but please see (link to oneworld listing in wiki) for current hours.

Notes: LATAM Airlines Group's latest joint VIP lounge, the newest and largest lounge in South America, opened on 25th March 2015. The lounge has direct access from the LAN and TAM preferential check-in area. Features include restful and relaxing spaces, individual restrooms, showers, laundry (no, the LAN site says pressing) and shoe-shining services, a sleeping room, chaise lounge chairs for rest and relaxation, a business center, individual power outlets, unlimited wi-fi, entertainment and videogame zone, unique culinary offerings and an excellent selection of regional wines and award-winning champagne.
Old May 9, 2015, 9:55 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by JDiver
Time for a bump:

The LATAM (LAN+TAM) VIP lounge (primarily serving LA, JJ and IB) has opened; it's a oneworld lounge. As shown in the wiki and oneworld lounge listings:
The new LATAM lounge at SCL is the best of the bunch. No need to bother with any of the others.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:03 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by rob_flies_ua
The new LATAM lounge at SCL is the best of the bunch. No need to bother with any of the others.
Thanks for the feedback. Pisco sours good?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:26 am

Recently spent the better part of a week in Peru and Chile. Was really looking forward to an hour or two in the SCL AC after a long week of meetings - ready to kick back, undo my tie, and start to unwind before my F class redeye to LGA via DFW.

What a disappointment!

The dated decor (looks like AC circa 1985) I could overlook if the food and beverage was okay. First off there's no beer here (not even for purchase), and the food was no better than a buffet at a Best Western. But of course since it's free people were lining up for bowls of soup.

Received an email from AA today promising "extreme lounge makeovers" (their words not mine) in the network. Hopefully this is toward the top of the list.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA GS, FB Gold, AS MVPG, MR Titanium, VS Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
Time for a bump:

Looking forward to trying this out this weekend.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 11:33 am

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by trvlnman
Recently spent the better part of a week in Peru and Chile. Was really looking forward to an hour or two in the SCL AC after a long week of meetings - ready to kick back, undo my tie, and start to unwind before my F class redeye to LGA via DFW.

What a disappointment!

The dated decor (looks like AC circa 1985) I could overlook if the food and beverage was okay. First off there's no beer here (not even for purchase), and the food was no better than a buffet at a Best Western. But of course since it's free people were lining up for bowls of soup.

Received an email from AA today promising "extreme lounge makeovers" (their words not mine) in the network. Hopefully this is toward the top of the list.
Should've gone to the LATAM lounge - much, much nicer.
Old Jun 23, 2015, 12:57 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trvlnman

What a disappointment!

Why didn't you go to the new LAN TAM Lounge?
Old Jun 23, 2015, 1:29 pm

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Originally Posted by HNL
Why didn't you go to the new LAN TAM Lounge?
He didn't mention what got him access, but if he was flying economy and has an AC membership, that wouldn't get him into the LATAM lounge.
Old Aug 6, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA SIL, MR PLT, SPG PLT, HH DIA, Avis First
Hi all - first post here, but I've been a long time lurker on the site

I'm going to be doing a mileage run soon through SCL [ORD-DFW-SCL-DFW-ORD]. I'll be landing at about 8am and departing 9pm on the same day, so I'll definitely be spending some time in the new LATAM lounge. My question is: since it's technically an international connecting flight, will I be forced to go through customs or can I head directly to the lounge for the day?

I'll probably go have lunch in the city somewhere, but it sounds like I'll have to wait until I arrive back at SCL before I can hit the lounge, shower, relax. Would this work? Thanks!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:20 am

Programs: Double OWE (AA EXP, QF Plat), FI Gold
Your return flight probably won't be considered a connection (I presume it's booked as R/T with destination as SCL), so you'll have to clear immigration and head airside.

Also, keep in mind that AA doesn't open check-in at SCL until "4 hours before the first flight out," so that's AA912 to MIA at 20:40 - check-in should open at 16:40, but don't plan on them being too punctual.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 3:47 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum, United 1K,
Originally Posted by zpaul
Also, keep in mind that AA doesn't open check-in at SCL until "4 hours before the first flight out," so that's AA912 to MIA at 20:40 - check-in should open at 16:40, but don't plan on them being too punctual.
American is available on about 1/2 the self-service check-in machines found at the entrance to the check-in queues. I think you can print out a boarding pass at any time during the calendar day of your flight.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 12:00 pm
HNL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by zpaul
He didn't mention what got him access, but if he was flying economy and has an AC membership, that wouldn't get him into the LATAM lounge.
The poster indicated that they were flying First class.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:48 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Shaken not stirred - SCL AC survives earthquake

I was in the AC in SCL waiting the flight to DFW when the 8.3 earthquake and the following after shocks hit. No real damage to the club but a few drinks spilled. The staff weren't really helpful and seemed unsure of what to do. The main airport was evacuated but they let us remain in the AC - not sure why. tough 2 days for flying from SCL with the strike and then the quake.

Decent club, nothing special.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.