Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > American Airlines | AAdvantage (Pre-Consolidation with USAir)
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: SCL / Santiago (Chile) Admirals Club & LA / LAN Neruda Lounge

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 9, 2015, 8:45 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
This is the archive of older posts about the SCL / Santiago de Chile Admirals Club and LAN Neruda Lounge.

Please see the current thread fo information and discussion:

SCL / Santiago de Chile Int'l. Apt. Admirals Club, LAN Neruda Lounge (master thread).

Thank you.
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold

I like the AA AC there a lot more than domestic lounges, but I will be flying back to DFW on the 6th and it occurs to me that I could use the LAN lounge as well - is it worth it to visit?

Last edited by dstan; Dec 14, 2009 at 12:07 am Reason: updated thread title and restored OP title
Old Aug 23, 2006, 2:33 pm

Though the SCL AC is nice, LA's Neruda lounge is much better IMHO. I prefer the ambience (more modern), better food and drink and free internet. Don't remember whether the AC has showers, but the Neruda lounge does.
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
I like the AA AC there a lot more than domestic lounges, but I will be flying back to DFW on the 6th and it occurs to me that I could use the LAN lounge as well - is it worth it to visit?
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA2MM LIFETIME PLT, Turkish Miles&Smiles Elite, Marriott Plat
The LAN lounges are vastly superior to the AA primarily for the food! LAN often has nice little finger sandwiches and cute desserts.

One the LAN lounges has a nice shower too that I've used.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:39 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP-1.6MM, Hilton Diamond, ManU & Chicago Bears #1 Fan
I have to disagree. I was there 3 times in March, passing through twice and a return to US. After reading all the praise of the LAN lounge, I didn't even try the AC at first, but after walking in, I looked around, and was not impressed, had a drink and walked over to the AC. MUCH nicer, clubbier looking place. Free internet as well. I'm not much into club foods anyway, unless of course we're talking about the CX lounges in HKG.

Whatever anybody else will tell you here, including myself, don't worry, the clubs are about 5 minutes walk from each other, so you can check out both and make up your own mind.

Have a great trip!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 3:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
I have to agree with the last poster.

The AA Admirals Club at SCL is the best! And, IMHO, the best AC in the system!

Free wireless, showers, food (sandwiches, soups, fruit, cheese, and more!), drinks, ice cream, DirecTV, etc. etc. etc.

The ONLY thing it doesn't have is computers. But most of us travel with our laptops anyway.

So, if you are without your laptop, you can go over to the LAN lounge to check email, and then return to the AC to hang out. It's worth getting to the airport early for this club!
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:02 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Make sure you have a pisco sour in the LAN Lounge.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:35 pm

Programs: AS 75K, AA EXP, Hilton Gold
LAN is tops

The only advantage the AC has is the comfort of it's seating. Food and drink in the LAN lounges are far superior and much more sophisticated.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:38 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by Spiff
Make sure you have a pisco sour in the LAN Lounge.
or two ^ ^
Old Aug 23, 2006, 4:57 pm
Val

Programs: AA Platinum, 2 Million Miles
Maybe I am mixing the LAN lounge with someplace else, but I recall it being smokey. I relocated to the AA lounge, and found it to be a pleasant enough place.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
The SCL AC is, IMO, the best AC in the system. It is less cordwed that the Lan lounge (especially in the evenings), has far more comfortable seating and has a decent food spread, including cold cuts and ice cream. I've not been impressed with the food in the Lan lounge, but that's a matter of preference. The SCL AC is far better stocked than a typical domestic AC. The Lan lounge is also smoky. The one thing the Lan lounge clearly has over the AC are the computer work stations. There are no Internet terminals in the AC -- there are several in the Lan lounge. I do not know if the AC is hooked-up for wi-fi.

The AC and Neruda Lounge are quite close to each other and both are accessible airside. There is no reason not to spend time in both.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, Lifetime Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HH Gold
Originally Posted by PresRDC
I do not know if the AC is hooked-up for wi-fi.

It is, and it's free.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by PresRDC
The Lan lounge is also smoky...
Did not notice that at all myself.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by andrzej
I have to disagree. I was there 3 times in March, passing through twice and a return to US. After reading all the praise of the LAN lounge, I didn't even try the AC at first, but after walking in, I looked around, and was not impressed, had a drink and walked over to the AC. MUCH nicer, clubbier looking place. Free internet as well. I'm not much into club foods anyway, unless of course we're talking about the CX lounges in HKG.

Whatever anybody else will tell you here, including myself, don't worry, the clubs are about 5 minutes walk from each other, so you can check out both and make up your own mind.

Have a great trip!
I'd like to agree, I passed by the Admirals Club during my January transfer despite the fact that it was closer to my gate because I'd heard so much about said LAN Lounge. However, I wound up being disapointed, except by the liquor selection.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Didn't Chile just pass a fairly broad anti-smoking law? Maybe that will help. The AC has a separate room for smokers, like DFW.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 10:43 am

Programs: AA
Two previous posters have mentioned the great food in the SCL AA lounge, but I think that's an exaggeration. I've probably been in that lounge at least 50 times, and the food is always the same: slices and/or cubes of cheese, slices of cold cuts, saltines, olives, and cookies. The soup is packs of powdered soup mix. It's true about the free drinks and the ice cream, but I've never seen a sandwich or indeed any other kind of food other than what I've mentioned in the SCL AA lounge. I've made myself little cheese-and-salami-on-saltine "sandwiches" with a side of olives there many a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.