Wiki Posts
Search

DCA-BOS shuttle schedule changes?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
DCA-BOS shuttle schedule changes?

I got a call from our company travel agent yesterday telling me that my usual 5:30 pm DCA-BOS shuttle flight has been cancelled in June. Looking at what could be booked online, it looked like 5:30 pm was one of three flights taken out of the schedule (7:30 am and 12:30 pm are also gone).

Any thoughts on what's going on? I thought the flights were hourly year-round or is this something that happens every summer? My guess was AA took the A319 to cover MAX routes, but hey, just a guess.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 8:56 am

Though it's been a while, I seem to recall the shuttle schedules lightening up a bit at times of lower business travel, such as during peak summer vacation season.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 9:21 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Unless AA wants to publicly explain, you will never get a definitive answer. But, the -MAX situation seems to be the best explanation.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Marriott Ambassador
Figured I probably would never get a straight answer. Even our travel agent didn’t get an answer from AA.
Old Apr 16, 2019, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by chewyinla
Figured I probably would never get a straight answer. Even our travel agent didn’t get an answer from AA.
Yea, but this is beyond nuts - the 7:30am and 5:30pm are usually RAMMED! I can see cancelling the 12:30 but not those. And most of these are last-minute elite purchasers!
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:41 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
I share your pain. As exp with fair amount of eqd I’ve been upgraded about 90% of the time on bos-Dca route over past year. Bought a ticket two days in advance today and only got a non mce aisle seat and was #5 on upgrade list.

Super inconvenient to lose the additional frequencies. JetBlue has increased frequencies and delta is jumping into bos-Dca (not quite a shuttle but maybe 8x per day?) this fall so I’m a little worried this could be longer term adjustment.

My corporate rate for JetBlue is about 40% lower than AA for unrestricted flights so if this continues I may switch. Main loss for me would be club access, but JetBlue gate to gate WiFi in 2x2 Beats 3x3 non MCE. If mosaic gave free even more seating I’d switch for sure.

I definitely recall service reductions on holidays but don’t recall a summer reduction before so also believe it is 737 max related
Old Jun 12, 2019, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Those flight times are bookable in September at least for now. I had the Monday 8 AM BOS-DCA flight cancelled two trips in a row, in last four weeks, due to mechanical issues. First time the earliest I could get rebooked was 3 PM. I am looking forward to seeing what Delta offers this fall and seeing if they will do a status match.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
Seems very likel 737 MAX-related. We have lost the 7:30 DCA>BOS and the 12:30 p.m., and for BOS>DCA the and the 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. (possibly more) through November 2, but then the schedule goes back to normal.
Old Jul 17, 2019, 12:11 pm

Programs: AA ExePlat
Originally Posted by Shawn02139
Seems very likel 737 MAX-related. We have lost the 7:30 DCA>BOS and the 12:30 p.m., and for BOS>DCA the and the 10 a.m. and 8 p.m. (possibly more) through November 2, but then the schedule goes back to normal.
Perhaps, and now DCA-BOS Shuttle flights seem to be oversold. They have also not up-gauged the from the E190 planes either to make up for the reduced seats. JetBlue will be flying 15 flights per day starting in September and Delta 6-7 per day starting in October. This is a popular and profitable route at least in the mind of AA competitors.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.