Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

AA.com glitch / booking does not work now (20 Feb 2019 - to merge)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA.com glitch / booking does not work now (20 Feb 2019 - to merge)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:18 pm
Original Poster

Angry AA.com glitch / booking does not work now (20 Feb 2019 - to merge)

I am experiencing website error every time I try booking through aa.com.
After I choose available flights, I see seat assignment page with a small error that seat map is unavailable, which can be skipped at this moment, and right after that page, the website shows me "THIS PAGE MUST HAVE TAKEN FLIGHT" error.

I tried to book award flight segments from aa.com continuously + many times from yesterday and today. I tried with different person (including me, or only for my wife and child, or myself alone, etc...), with different segments (round trip, outbound only, inbound only, multi-city), with different dates and times, with different award level (sAAver or anytime). None of them worked.

Does anyone experiencing the same issue here? Or anyone who knows the remedy?

Thank you.

---

Additional info: It seems that the booking is temporary made and instantly deleted/cancelled.
Since I have all the AA miles, I tried to book my family's flight in my account.
However, in my wife's account, booking information sometimes appear (status of unpaid) and instantly disappear after just one refresh.
I never experienced this issue before. I used the AA miles many times for my family before.

Last edited by JoshuaR; Feb 20, 2019 at 12:24 pm
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:23 pm
Original Poster

Additional info: It seems that the booking is temporary made and instantly deleted/cancelled.
Since I have all the AA miles, I tried to book my family's flight in my account.
However, in my wife's account, booking information sometimes appear (status of unpaid) and instantly disappear after just one refresh.
I never experienced this issue before. I used the AA miles many times for my family before.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
If the problem persists even if you try using an incognito browser, I would just call AA, and book over the phone. (There wasn't always an aa.com, you know.)

Explain to the agent the problems that you had attempting to book via aa.com, and ask for the telephone-booking fee to be waived.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by guv1976
If the problem persists even if you try using an incognito browser, I would just call AA, and book over the phone. (There wasn't always an aa.com, you know.)

Explain to the agent the problems that you had attempting to book via aa.com, and ask for the telephone-booking fee to be waived.
I was afraid of calling them because of the telephone-booking fee. But if it can be waived, that would be ideal option for now. Thank you.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:11 pm

Try a different browser
bscooter26 likes this.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I had this happen a year ago and if I recall it was for a light where I was booking something strange with a partner (I think QF) who was using one of their own regional carriers. Something like that. It wasn't for miles but for a paid flight. Long story short I called and they just waived the fees after I told them what was happening.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:19 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I had this happen a year ago and if I recall it was for a light where I was booking something strange with a partner (I think QF) who was using one of their own regional carriers. Something like that. It wasn't for miles but for a paid flight. Long story short I called and they just waived the fees after I told them what was happening.
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Mine also include a segment with a regional jet, but it is AA’s own regional subsidery, which I used frequently without an issue before.
I will call them tomorrow to ticket this itinerary. Thank you again.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laagima
Try a different browser
I tried with Safari, Chrome on my Mac laptop, and tried with another Windows computer as well. It seems the problem that is not on my side.
Old Feb 20, 2019, 6:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Book via the app?
Old Feb 20, 2019, 7:14 pm

Programs: CK or bust
The call center folks have been pretty understanding when it comes to waiving the fee as long as it's made clear that you did make an effort to place it on hold.

I've experienced this exact same behavior but with mixed OW carriers (i.e. AA/BA) and the agents (this happened twice on two different trips two years in a row) were able to pull up the temporary PNR that sometimes gets generated even though the process didn't even get to the hold/payment screen before erroring out.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:21 am

Programs: AA EXP 2.8m,Lifetime PLT, Hilton Diamond, IHG PlLT, SPG Gold
OP, avoid all the frustration, Just call AA, they will waive the booking fee after you have explained the issues.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Eventually all the problem resolved.
I called the AA representative and they did not just waived the fee as I asked, but they re-routed me to their technical support team. The technical team directed me how to resolve this issue.
Somehow, in their system, my address wasn't on file. I used AA many times including award flights, so I never imagined if my address wasn't on file.
According to them, their system changed recently and without the address on profile, award booking is not working. So, I went to the profile edit page and entered my address. Everything works well.
Thank you all for helping me resolve this issue.
fotographer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.