Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passenger acceptance: Can Passenger complaints get you kicked off a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger acceptance: Can Passenger complaints get you kicked off a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
There may be no way to know for certain but I do not actually believe that an AA staff member made the statement "that he knew Orthodox Jews take baths once a week." I believe this is a mis-representation by the Adler's and their lawyer. What I think happened is exactly what can be seen in the video that the Adler's took and shared in Jan. 2019.

I searched for and was reading the twitter comments shared below and they were posted under the following article:
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m_npd_nn_tw_ma

If you listen to the video, the AA employee tried to clarify if he is understanding Mr. Adler correctly. That employee asks the following: "Are you telling me for religious reasons you don't shower?" Mr. Adler was throwing around comments about being kicked off for religious reasons and it seems to me that this AA employee was just trying to piece together what Mr. Adler is saying. Now of course this may not be the employee that the Adler's and their lawyer were referring to but my guess is it is and I honestly feel bad for this employee.

On a side note- it irritates me that this video was shared on nearly all of the news reports I saw/read in Jan. 2019 but it is not included in the 2020 reports. I find it very valuable. I have a feeling that the Adler's believed it strengthened their case when they decided to share it last year. In my opinion, it weakens their case and that's probably why we aren't seeing it now. I also don't recall any mention of ear buds in 2019 when the Adler's were giving their interviews.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by QueenOfCoach
Not that I am any legal expert, but the repeated use of "guts" doesn't sound right to me.
Nor the wording that the pilot was ‘booting them off the flight’.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Yes it is horribly written. This is nothing more than a shake down ambulance chaser hoping AA might throw a few thousand dollars at these people of which they'd collect a few hundred dollars for writing a poorly worded complaint.
Hard to say whether the lawyer was chasing the ambulance or vice versa, and this is the only lawyer the ambulance could catch up to.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by smith80678
Anyway, This Yosef guy was charged previously with fraud: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/d...S_327274_7.pdf So, this whole thing just really smells to me
That's absolutely not true.

This was a disciplinary action. The ground for the license revocation was the person named in the document failed to act as a fiduciary. The document did not comment what exactly had happened.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 4:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by garykung
That's absolutely not true.

This was a disciplinary action. The ground for the license revocation was the person named in the document failed to act as a fiduciary. The document did not comment what exactly had happened.
The first 12 points of the document do say exactly what happened. He forged the endorsement on checks to steal the death benefit from the beneficiary of a life insurance policy he sold.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Feb 5, 2020 at 11:43 am
Old Feb 5, 2020, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
The first 12 points of the document do say exactly what happened. He forged checks to steal the death benefit from the beneficiary of a life insurance policy he sold.
IMHO the fine should have been more than $500. He lost his license, so I guess that is an indication he was not to be trusted.
Just because someone dresses religiously doesn't mean we should believe everything they say. In this case, if there is no proof of discrimination by the pilot, who actually made the decision to kick them off the flight, then I think AA should not give them anything. At least they gave them a hotel room and food... That was more than they should have, IMHO
Old Feb 5, 2020, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mvoight
IMHO the fine should have been more than $500. He lost his license, so I guess that is an indication he was not to be trusted.
I'm shocked that criminal charges were not filed.
Old Feb 5, 2020, 12:39 pm

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
I'm shocked that criminal charges were not filed.
They couldnt keep him in a jail cell - The prisoners would have fainted!
enviroian likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.