Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Passenger acceptance: Can Passenger complaints get you kicked off a flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Passenger acceptance: Can Passenger complaints get you kicked off a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2020, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Gold, Carnival VIFP Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by mvoight
IF that statement was made, it was not why they were kicked off the plane, but after pilot had decided to kick them off the plain for the odor, so that does not indicate they were kicked off the plane due to their religion, which would be the main money point of the lawsuit. The rest is nonsense. They are the ones who publicized this incident, so they are the ones responsible for what a google search might show.
IANAL but If it’s how an AA agent representing the airline tried to justify an action by a coworker (captain) also representing the airline, then it’s relevant...the suit is against AA, it isn’t against a particular employee.

Are you suggesting it’s okay for an AA representative to make statements like this to a passenger?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aoumd
IANAL but If it’s how an AA agent representing the airline tried to justify an action by a coworker (captain) also representing the airline, then it’s relevant...the suit is against AA, it isn’t against a particular employee.

Are you suggesting it’s okay for an AA representative to make statements like this to a passenger?
Of course it's not ok. But "not ok" does not necessarily mean "actionable".

Has the employee been fired?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by flyerCO
However the rest is 100% incorrect. It must go far beyond simply offending people to be able to exclude.

Also freedom of religion has to deal with the government. In this case what matters is anti-discrimination laws.
Sorry for the wrong choice of word. But I am not saying that some minor offenses is acceptable. What I am trying to say is it has to meet the reasonable person test.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by garykung
Sorry for the wrong choice of word. But I am not saying that some minor offenses is acceptable. What I am trying to say is it has to meet the reasonable person test.
Even that is incorrect. It basically must pose a risk to others. Ie if it could be shown to involve harm to other.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 5:51 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
It was with out a doubt very bad body odor. Here are two of the passengers comments (Washington Post): "A person who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity said that he and his girlfriend were also on the plane and that there was indeed a stench."

"Another woman who claims to have been on the flight took to Twitter to back up American Airline’s claim. “The smell was so bad I don’t think I could have made it through the 2.5 hr flight,” she said." "I was planning on getting my hair permed - and this ordeal did it for me!"
and attached passenger twitter comments: (note the lady is jewish)
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:14 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Does anyone have a link to the lawsuit? Has it been filed yet? I'm curious to know exactly what they are alleging.

1. They were kicked off because of their religion, and they actually did not smell? or...
2. They did smell, but kicking them off because they smell is discriminatory?
Me thinks they found a shady lawyer that is hoping AA will throw a few thousands dollars their way to make this go away which of course the shady lawyer will take his/her 1/3.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:37 am

Programs: Korean Air Skypass, ANA Skyweb, Amex Premier Rewards, Chase Sapphire Preferred
Originally Posted by smith80678
It was with out a doubt very bad body odor. Here are two of the passengers comments (Washington Post): "A person who spoke to The Post on the condition of anonymity said that he and his girlfriend were also on the plane and that there was indeed a stench."

"Another woman who claims to have been on the flight took to Twitter to back up American Airline’s claim. “The smell was so bad I don’t think I could have made it through the 2.5 hr flight,” she said." "I was planning on getting my hair permed - and this ordeal did it for me!"
and attached passenger twitter comments: (note the lady is jewish)

It wasn't poop though💩👃
Old Feb 4, 2020, 10:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, AS MVPG, HH Diamond, NCL Platinum Plus, MSC Diamond
Originally Posted by aoumd

The statement, if made, was not OK. However, that is not something you should get money for in a lawsuit.
The statement allegedly made AFTER they were already kicked off the plane, so it was not the reason for them getting kicked off the plane.
There is also ZERO evidence they were denied earphones due to their religion and ZERO evidence they were kicked off due to their religion.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 11:50 am

Anyway, This Yosef guy was charged previously with fraud: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/d...S_327274_7.pdf So, this whole thing just really smells to me

Last edited by smith80678; Feb 4, 2020 at 12:02 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by smith80678
Anyway, This Yosef guy was charged previously with fraud: https://www.michigan.gov/documents/d...S_327274_7.pdf So, this whole thing just really smells to me
Good Find!

Well I guess if AA or its lawyers find this out he will walk away with Zippo, actually Id hope AA bans them for Life and closes their accts
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:20 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by craz
Good Find!

Well I guess if AA or its lawyers find this out he will walk away with Zippo, actually Id hope AA bans them for Life and closes their accts
Yeah, then they will be stuck to taking cruises. But only by entering the Poop deck!
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:40 pm
Suspended

Do we know did this guy actually file a lawsuit against AA. It would take a legal researcher 5 minutes to ascertain that this guy could never be seen credible in court. Or are lawyers in this country that desperate?
Old Feb 4, 2020, 12:56 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
Do we know did this guy actually file a lawsuit against AA. It would take a legal researcher 5 minutes to ascertain that this guy could never be seen credible in court. Or are lawyers in this country that desperate?
Yes, he did. https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...-by-Adlers.pdf
The complaint is terribly written.

Last edited by Finkface; Feb 4, 2020 at 1:01 pm
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:16 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold but PlatPro thanks to LPs
Originally Posted by Finkface
Not that I am any legal expert, but the repeated use of "guts" doesn't sound right to me.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 1:20 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Finkface
Yes, he did. https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-co...-by-Adlers.pdf
Yes it is horribly written. This is nothing more than a shake down ambulance chaser hoping AA might throw a few thousand dollars at these people of which they'd collect a few hundred dollars for writing a poorly worded complaint.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.