Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ARCHIVE: 2014-2017 AA Miles Award: TN / Air Tahiti Nui award redemptions

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2016, 9:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage
Original Poster

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Only 1 aircraft left that is not refurbished. It is F-OJTN "Bora Bora"
Yep. As nobody else has updated the wikipost with that information, I have, today.
Old May 15, 2016, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by FrontOfTheCurtain
Only 1 aircraft left that is not refurbished. It is F-OJTN "Bora Bora"
Thanks! Do you know if this frame ever gets sent to LAX? Also, who gets priority for row 1--the former First Class cabin with nearly flat seats?
Old May 15, 2016, 10:07 pm

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by fly747first
Thanks! Do you know if this frame ever gets sent to LAX? Also, who gets priority for row 1--the former First Class cabin with nearly flat seats?
Unfortunately yes, TN does use this plane for LAX-PPT and vice versa. You can track its recent flights here: https://planefinder.net/data/aircraft/F-OJTN. Luckily it seems they aren't even using it daily right now so hopefully your odds of getting it are very low. I'm flying LAX-PPT 6/15-6/25 and crossing my fingers.

As for who sits in former F, I don't know. My guess would be that if you're on an award ticket, not you
Old May 15, 2016, 10:14 pm

Originally Posted by jcapito1
Would I have to book these awards separately? i.e. 40K AA miles from PPT-LAX and 25K AA miles from LAX-CLE? Or would there be a way to do this more cheaply with miles?
You pay the rate for the highest class. So you can't do LAX-CLE in J on the end of a PPT-LAX Y award for 40k. It would be 65k as you guessed. May want to book a less direct routing (e.g., PPT-LAX-CLT-CLE) and hope the LAX-CLE flight you want opens up for economy sAAver and switch to it for free.
Old May 18, 2016, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dukerau
Unfortunately yes, TN does use this plane for LAX-PPT and vice versa. You can track its recent flights here: https://planefinder.net/data/aircraft/F-OJTN. Luckily it seems they aren't even using it daily right now so hopefully your odds of getting it are very low. I'm flying LAX-PPT 6/15-6/25 and crossing my fingers.

As for who sits in former F, I don't know. My guess would be that if you're on an award ticket, not you
Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like TN 101 often gets assigned this old bird so I will try my best to be sweet to the check-in staff to score a seat in row 1.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:03 pm

Thanks! Unfortunately, it looks like TN 101 often gets assigned this old bird so I will try my best to be sweet to the check-in staff to score a seat in row 1.
I wouldn't say often - only 3 times since April 12 on a route that's run daily.
Old May 19, 2016, 6:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dukerau
I wouldn't say often - only 3 times since April 12 on a route that's run daily.
5 times, actually, but yes, it could be worse.
Old May 19, 2016, 9:00 pm

5 times, actually, but yes, it could be worse.
Is that right? I wasn't sure how to read it. There are 2 instances where flight 101 has 2 entries on the same day. I interpreted that as one entry for LAX-PPT and another for PPT-AKL. That's how I got to 3 total LAX-PPT flight 101s. Am I interpreting the data wrong?
Old Jul 2, 2016, 9:02 pm

is it not possible to search and book air tahiti no flights on americanairlines website? I would rather book through AA for miles than ATN, but said no flights were found from nrt to ppt.

Would american be able to book if I called them? I would really rather prefer if I could book on the citi website and get the increased point discount for booking with AA but doesn't seem to be available now.

Any reason why? would be flying in feb 2017, so maybe too far out for aa to have code shares or something?
Old Jul 3, 2016, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by babern38
is it not possible to search and book air tahiti no flights on americanairlines website?

Would american be able to book if I called them?

Any reason why? would be flying in feb 2017, so maybe too far out for aa to have code shares or something?
No, one can't use aa.com to book an AAdvantage award for travel on TN.

Yes, AA will book an award by phone.

Awards - if available - should be bookable out to 330 days from today.
Old Jul 3, 2016, 9:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 3Cforme
No, one can't use aa.com to book an AAdvantage award for travel on TN.

Yes, AA will book an award by phone.

Awards - if available - should be bookable out to 330 days from today.
I found availability on Expertflyer and called AA to book. I booked business class both ways using miles in April.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 2:55 pm

I'm not necessarily looking to book an award ticket, but trying to find out if there is a flight number or code that american airlines uses to recognize an air tahiti no flight. i.e. flight AA6568 is actually a flight operated by japan airlines. (just made up the number). Right now it doesn't seem like american has any knowledge of my future ATN flight in february

I'm hoping that if american airlines does have a code for air tahiti nui flights then I could book on thank you.com and get a bigger discount with my points.

Does this make sense?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by babern38
I'm not necessarily looking to book an award ticket, but trying to find out if there is a flight number or code that american airlines uses to recognize an air tahiti no flight. i.e. flight AA6568 is actually a flight operated by japan airlines. (just made up the number). Right now it doesn't seem like american has any knowledge of my future ATN flight in february

I'm hoping that if american airlines does have a code for air tahiti nui flights then I could book on thank you.com and get a bigger discount with my points.

Does this make sense?
Yes AA has TN codeshares to PPT out of LAX. You can buy those tickets.

Not sure what you mean in the second paragraph.
Old Jul 4, 2016, 3:44 pm

I called american airlines and got the flight numbers for the AA code shares for tokyo to Tahiti, but citi couldn't find them anywhere in the system. I called AA back and the person this time said it was actually a japan airlines codeshare. So, the dream is dead and won't be able to get the extra point benefit for booking on american.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 7:22 pm

Programs: UR, AAdvantage
Looks like F-OJTN Bora Bora is flying again as of July 19th. Anyone have a data point if it was refurbished ?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.