FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Airlines | AAdvantage (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage-733/)
-   -   ARCHIVE: 2015-2017 GUIDE: LAX / Los Angeles Int’l. Airport - MCT, Connection, etc. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-airlines-aadvantage/1949801-archive-2015-2017-guide-lax-los-angeles-int-l-airport-mct-connection-etc.html)

felicidad76 Dec 13, 2015 3:34 pm

Connecting in LAX from T4 to TBIT from AA to BA in C

My connection time in March dramatically decreased due to schedule change. Is there a bus airside for pax connecting to BA. Thanks a lot.
MVPG GOLD ALASKA AIRILINES PAX

Ready2Go Dec 13, 2015 3:37 pm

No, there's no bus for BA passengers. You'll have to exit T4, walk next door to TBIT, and reclear security.

SK AAR Dec 13, 2015 3:50 pm

No bus needed. It's a 2 min walk to TBIT. Really easy, dont worry

prw555 Dec 13, 2015 3:53 pm

Morning at TBIT security line is light with just Cathay HKG, JAL NRT, and the AA PVG flight departing. Afternoon much busier. Line for security if an afternoon departure, will be the issue.

dll Dec 13, 2015 4:31 pm

There is an airside transit hall that is being constructed between TBIT and T4. Last week it appears they're making good progress on it, I'm not sure the expected opening date but perhaps by March you'll be able to make this connection airside.

JDiver Dec 13, 2015 4:42 pm

8:30 - 10:30 am there is a bus connecting T-4 to TBIT for connecting passengers, but the frequency might not be sufficient, and a shuttle after 4:00 pm for connecting Qantas passengers only. I'd walk - and the TBIT airside connector might actually be finished, eliminating the need to process security again.

If the connection is tight, declare that at security - I've seen them be helpful.

We have merged your query here. The information in the wiki and in this thread discusses these issues - which is why it's a very good idea to search for existing threads. /Moderator

bludevil Dec 14, 2015 7:47 am

LAX connection question

Hi smart people!

I'm flying into LAX on the new AA flight from Sydney arriving at 6:50. Due to a schedule change, my flight to DFW leaves at 8:35 am. I'm first class with global entry.

Am I crazy to have that short of connection time?

rasheed Dec 14, 2015 7:53 am

Not a big deal as there are many DFW flights if you miss your scheduled one.

Of course, it would have been better to choose a later one, but you should be fine.

Rasheed

rjw242 Dec 14, 2015 7:54 am

With global entry, it should be fine.

If it isn't, there are LAX-DFW flights about every hour, so reaccommodation should be quick.

Often1 Dec 14, 2015 8:14 am

The better question is, "what happens if I misconnect?" Here, not much. Maybe, you fly out an hour later, maybe 2 hours later. The place to worry is when you are connecting to a 2x/weekly service.

This connection should be OK, but there are so many backups that it ought to be a non-issue.

869 Dec 14, 2015 8:39 am

My concern would be losing first class if I missed the connection. OP mentions there was a schedule change - I assume that tightened the connection that was originally booked. If not comfortable, I would ask to be re-booked on a later LAX-DFW as it can be difficult to maintain F on a timely basis in this situation. I am sure AA will accommodate a request to reasonably extend the connection time in advance.

formeraa Dec 14, 2015 9:09 am

I agree with 869. Ask AA to change you to a flight 1 to 1.5 hours later, due to the schedule change. That way, you won't be worrying about it the whole time.

SAN-man Dec 14, 2015 9:48 am

An hour 45 is way more than enough time to make that connection if you have GE, especially if you also end up with pre-check. I've been back airside in the club well under 30 min after landing from LHR before.

The bigger issue is going to be whether the SYD flight is on time, and no one here knows that. Might get a better idea once it starts operating this week.

Often1 Dec 14, 2015 10:05 am

Originally Posted by formeraa (Post 25861653)
I agree with 869. Ask AA to change you to a flight 1 to 1.5 hours later, due to the schedule change. That way, you won't be worrying about it the whole time.

I would not bother. The connection time with GE is still more than enough. He will book straight into domestic F because he's either in paid J UG to F or paid F. If there's one seat, he gets it ahead of all of the upgraders. If there's not, he has the choice of taking the earlier flight in Y or waiting for a flight with F.

If I were coming off a TPAC, I'd want to get to DFW sooner, but I guess it's a question of personal choice.

bludevil Dec 14, 2015 10:10 am

I guess I should have mentioned it's an award ticket. Does that make a huge difference on my re-accommodation if I miss the connection?