Wiki Posts
Search

AA 2018 year in review

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by BlatheringPenguin

Similar:
7x around the world and top 2% of CK.

I’d initially discounted this, thinking “there’s no way I flew that much” or “they must have also counted some of my AirPass companion activity”. But this morning did the math and, gulp, 7x the world is actually spot on for BIS for me in 2018 on AA. (& doesn’t include my travel on other airlines) Yikes.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:37 am

Programs: HHonors - Diamond, AA - EXP
206 Hours
4.5 x Around the world
4 destinations
LHR - AUS Longest flight
A330 most flown
Top 21% of EXP

https://my.flightradar24.com/robofski/2018
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:39 am

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
I mean, theres plenty of other threads with PII for someone with all your travel details. I posted on the J0 thread that I was on AA 1152, for example. AA could find EXP pax on that flight and identify me immediately.

however, I'm confident they have better things to do
I would agree. No negative information here. In general, flyertalk comments are not that negative - they are more feedback to the airlines. Airlines do read flyertalk.

Some of AA's best flyers - top % CK are posting here with > $100K annual spend.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 8:42 am

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Reading these postings, my heart really goes out to those CKs and EXPs who do it the hard way (e.g., most all domestic runs and domestic travel). I've done my share of international J flying and its pretty simply to rack up 35,000 EQMs for one paid J flight to/from PVG. That's 8-10 trips for those travelling sales people who are flying DTW-CLT-CAE and back constantly or DTW-ORD-FSD in Y class (maybe upgraded to F).
Dedicated likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 11:37 am

Programs: UA 1K and PP, AA PPro (3MM, former CK), Marriott Ambassador and LTT, Uber One
Is your home city shown in your "most visited destinations"? Or did they try to account for that and remove it?
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by ikwia
Is your home city shown in your "most visited destinations"? Or did they try to account for that and remove it?
Mine shows DFW and Washington DC which is odd as WAS is my home airport area and I didn't have any cities where I actually stayed overnight in DFW.

ORD and CHS were the only cities I visited at least twice.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:13 pm

i mean, i flew with my wife jfk-mia-gye and back....
Old Dec 23, 2018, 12:46 pm

Programs: UA 1k, LT Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, AA 1MM
298 hours in the sky
5.5 x around the world
32 destinations
SFO-LHR longest flight
Top 8% EXP
95 Upgrades
Old Dec 23, 2018, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ikwia
Does not list my home city, which is not served by AA. It does show both of the AA-served cities that AA might have called my “home city”.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA Explat, UA former 1K + PremExec, DL
Updated plot, my assumptions, and new hypothesis

1. When I initially got the email and checked this thread, it was clear to me that some effort was made not to have every email be identical in format. For instance, my email didn't have anything about trips to the sun.
2. Thus when I saw that not all the emails were quoting Top % of Explat (or other status), I did not take that to mean that those individuals did not rank highly in percentile terms- several clearly had flown more than me at Top 25% and 3x RTW.
3. I have been assuming that the RTW number contains partner flights credited to AA and is a proxy for BIS.
4. I have been assuming that the RTW number is separate for EQM for the reasons amply discussed here.
5. I have lumped in the CK numbers with Explat, as all CK are explat, but not sure if that is screwing anything up.

New hypothesis with respect to outliers: the outliers are for current Explat members who had not yet requalified for Explat 2019-Jan 31 2020. I.e. the reported top% is based on current BIS for projected 2019 status based only on EQM/EQD the day of email. So current ExPlat only requalified for Plat or Plat pro based on Dec 21 EQD/EQM have their Top% calculated based on that tier, screwing up the chart. Can anyone confirm or deny?

See Tbone14's post... he hasn't quite requalified yet, but will, and he is an outlier.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:34 pm

Disappointed I haven’t got this email. I would have liked to have seen the stats. From my spreadsheet, i’m about 3x around the world BIS.

Would be interesting to see the spend stats. As someone else said earlier (tongue in cheek), i’m All for AA going to spend based loyalty only.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 3:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PPRO, Marriott/Hilton Gold, AMX-Plat, Global Entry
Originally Posted by thedeeg
Disappointed I haven’t got this email. I would have liked to have seen the stats. From my spreadsheet, i’m about 3x around the world BIS.

Would be interesting to see the spend stats. As someone else said earlier (tongue in cheek), i’m All for AA going to spend based loyalty only.
Check your spam folders - perhaps that's where it is for some who hadn't received an email.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by JMN57
Check your spam folders - perhaps that's where it is for some who hadn't received an email.
I’ve been checking since I saw this thread, nothing unfortunately.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by fanger
5. I have lumped in the CK numbers with Explat, as all CK are explat, but not sure if that is screwing anything up.
That was once the case, but no longer. CK used to be EXP with added free AC membership, Flagship Check, special handing for IRROPs, and separate phone number. But CK is now a separate level above EXP with upgrade priority, Flagship dining, and other benefits.
Old Dec 23, 2018, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA PPro, 1MM
Originally Posted by fanger
New hypothesis with respect to outliers: the outliers are for current Explat members who had not yet requalified for Explat 2019-Jan 31 2020. I.e. the reported top% is based on current BIS for projected 2019 status based only on EQM/EQD the day of email. So current ExPlat only requalified for Plat or Plat pro based on Dec 21 EQD/EQM have their Top% calculated based on that tier, screwing up the chart. Can anyone confirm or deny?

See Tbone14's post... he hasn't quite requalified yet, but will, and he is an outlier.
That must be it. I hadn't yet requalified for EXP when the email was sent and I'm one of the outliers. In fact, I was at ~98k so it would make perfect sense that I'd be in the top 5% of PPros.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.