Community
Wiki Posts
Search

back to American incompetence

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
I have come to appreciate LAX after dealing with SFO, ORD, EWR, JFK, LGA, LHR, and PEK.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:43 am
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
Originally Posted by mvoight
I understand, LHR has no problems at all.............
Oh I'm sure LHR is full of issues but at least (and maybe just for the cameras) BA seemed be trying to mitigate problems with weather, check in lines, aircraft availability. JFK was also shown. AA on the other hand by all appearances just seems to wing it during the day. Like when I see the GA trying to figure out why an a/c hasn't been brought over from the maintenance hanger yet.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
OP clearly hasnt flown Lion Air
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:12 am

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
OP, were you on HKG-LAX AA192, which arrived on Sunday, December 9? I was, and I noticed the following:

Lots of us in the forward J mini-cabin were wiping down our seats.....it's cold/flu season.

The flight was smooth with very little turbulence. We arrived at LAX one hour early.

Despite arriving early, the buses to take us to immigration met us within 30 seconds of the seat-belt sign being turned off.

You did have to navigate stairs (down) to proceed to immigration, but every CBP employee I encountered was smiling and helpful on this day.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:19 am

Seems the OP has a lengthy history of rambling philippics.

why are toilet seats too small?
ah, Sheraton in the US
the annoying honk when everybody is walking
"it would be more productive if you ..."
why is service so miserable in Alaska (restaurant)?
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by fotographer
So we complain, grape and feel generally let down by airlines that we travel on.
What does it come too, well on FT you can let off steam, scream and yell about the bad service you received.
If that makes you happy great. If not, then dont know what to tell you.
For the amount of time I have been let down by AA, BA etc... I have found that, after everything I have been thru in life, its not really such a big deal
Don't forget about Twitter ! I troll on it because the millenial griping is sport and fun.
fotographer likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:33 am

Programs: AA PtPro (2 MM); Hilton Diamond; Hertz President Cr; DL SkyMiles; UA MileagePlus
OP has once complained on Japan forum about maids at Park Hyatt Tokyo not making animal figures out of towels, and a concierge not able to get fruit flavor drinks JAL serves onboard their flights but no longer being made.

Japanese afraid to try something they're not good at?
JonNYC, roberto99 and Antarius like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 11:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, LT Gold
The use of "philippic" is the best reason for this thread.
JonNYC, roberto99, rayfes and 2 others like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:38 pm
Suspended

Wow.

That is some mighty mercurial punctiliousness!
econometrics likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:03 pm

The toilet seat one is, by far, my personal favorite
JonNYC, Antarius and AA100k like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 1:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: AAdvantage PP
I do believe the days of 747s with Piano bars, lovely meals, beautiful FAs and 40% load factors ensuring that even those in Y will get spacious room have been dead for quite awhile.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP
I would happily pay a $25 surcharge for “deep cleaning” of a regular domestic F and $35 - 50 for lie flat seat to save me the hassle and bizarre looks. Serial seat-wiper here. Headrests, gaspers, all switchgear, surfaces and tray tables. Not sure how I survive life in this ridiculous bubble
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:45 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by newyorkgeorge
AA appears to do no such thing and just makes it up as they go along and wings it during the day.
So does BA at LHR, no matter how much the programme might have tried to convince you otherwise.
JonNYC and roberto99 like this.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 2:47 pm
1P

Location: LAX and LHR. UA lifetime Gold 1.9MM 1K , DL Gold Medallion, HHonors Gold, Marriott Gold, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by mvoight
I understand, LHR has no problems at all.............
Har har har..... In quite a number of respects, LHR is also a third-world airport, IMO.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

yes there are service and bureaucracy culture issues in many places including US

in parts of asia great service culture (although 'issues' include class/demographic)

but costs in most of the world are extremely low. vs extremely high in US, EU, etc

few seem to pay any attention to costs (not prices), values, supply/demand, etc

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.