Wiki Posts
Search

Biz Award: South Florida to Morocco?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Biz Award: South Florida to Morocco?

I am trying to plan a vacation, Sept 2019..... to Morocco.

I'd like to use miles for two Business tics. Southern Florida (MIA / FLL) to Morocco.

I am EXP and Trying to stay on AA and One world carriers..... what are my options?

Thanks in advance for your insights and knowledge.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
BA and Iberia, both of which should be award-searchable on aa.com. AA to LHR and return will save a lot of surcharges vs. BA.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:47 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by AA Flyer
I am trying to plan a vacation, Sept 2019..... to Morocco.

I'd like to use miles for two Business tics. Southern Florida (MIA / FLL) to Morocco.

I am EXP and Trying to stay on AA and One world carriers..... what are my options?

Thanks in advance for your insights and knowledge.
Unforch, I don’t think AT / RAM will be an option that soon, given they won’t join oneworld until mid-2020. But of course if they establish an accord with AA prior to your trip you might be able to change your award - slim chances, IMO.

And you might find low cost carriers between the UK or France and Morocco, so don’t discount getting award seats to CDG, etc.

Be sure to read the Wikiposts at the top of the page of HELP DESK: MileSAAver / SAAver award questions, assistance, where this ultimately belongs, and if necessary AA oneworld & Other Airline Partner Award information, rules (master thd).
Old Dec 9, 2018, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
I would just get a business award to Europe (57.5k miles each way) then buy a separate ticket down to Morocco. Otherwise it's 75k each way to Africa, so essentially spending an extra 35k miles each for the 2 hr flight down in crapppy Euro business class on BA or IB.

And awards from North America to Africa can connect in DOH on QR, so that will be another option with hands down the best business class experience, but tons of extra flying and travel time.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 11:43 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Discoverist
With regards to Iberia, be aware that they also fly to/from SDQ, MEX, and SJU (not all flights are year-round or daily), which are all a relatively easy flight from MIA. Although connecting in some of those places might require going through immigration (e.g., MEX), your chances of finding multiple business class seats on the day(s) you want might be substantially higher.
JDiver likes this.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 12:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
If you are adventurous, you might try to get to Gibraltar (GIB) on awards, and then take a ferry from there or Tarifa across to Tangier.
JDiver likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.