Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

New reduced-mileage award destinations list is up!

Old Dec 3, 18, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold

For travel December, 2018-March, 2019. Destinations vary by month. Must hold a qualifying Citi or Barclays AA credit card to be eligible.

https://www.aa.com/i18n/aadvantage-p...dmileageawards
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:32 pm

I have used these reduced mileage award codes previously that were from my Aadvantage Citi platinum world elite card. I have now been on hold with the second agent at the platinum desk trying to figure out how to apply this code to a award travel reservation (not ticketed yet). I hung up with the first agent when she said these codes wouldn't apply. i have been talking to this agent for 30 MINUTES and she is still trying to figure out how to apply these codes. Is there some secret handshake i could give her so she would know how to apply this 7,500 mile discount code to my reservation?
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:39 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lotusfla View Post
I have used these reduced mileage award codes previously that were from my Aadvantage Citi platinum world elite card. I have now been on hold with the second agent at the platinum desk trying to figure out how to apply this code to a award travel reservation (not ticketed yet). I hung up with the first agent when she said these codes wouldn't apply. i have been talking to this agent for 30 MINUTES and she is still trying to figure out how to apply these codes. Is there some secret handshake i could give her so she would know how to apply this 7,500 mile discount code to my reservation?
The codes are right on the AA webpage that list the cities.
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:45 pm

the agent i am still on the phone with is telling me these discounts only apply to milesaver awards booked in T class. Clueless. Still on hold waiting for a supervisor.
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:46 pm

the second call is now at 48 minutes with the platinum desk and counting................
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:50 pm

now the supervisor has told me i cannot use this award discount code because i do not have a milesaaver award reservation booked. is this correct? i have a anytime award booked. traveling MCO to SLC roundtrip within February 2019.
Old Dec 3, 18, 1:53 pm

nevermind. i read the TC " Discount valid for one-way and roundtrip MileSAAver awards only"
Old Dec 3, 18, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A+ & CP, HH Diamond, Hyatt Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by lotusfla View Post
nevermind. i read the TC " Discount valid for one-way and roundtrip MileSAAver awards only"
Not to pile on but you didn't even have to read the terms and conditions. It says right at the top of the webpage

Save up to 7,500 miles on roundtrip MileSAAver® awards

Old Dec 9, 18, 1:21 pm

In the T&Cs, these cities are listed as 'destinations', but are valid for round-trip travel. Does that mean that HSV-DCA-LGA/LGA-DCA-HSV does *not* qualify for reduced mileage, but LGA-DCA-HSV/HSV-DCA-LGA does?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: