Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019 [Ended]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:17 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: chrisny2
Complimentary premium drinks in the Admirals Clubs have been eliminated. Soft drinks, and "house" wine, beer, and spirits are complimentary for all guests.

NOTE: It appears Admirals Clubs will scan boarding passes upon.Club entry and electronic drink coupons will be attached to the boarding pass, requiring scanning by the bartender. This appears to be rolling out at Clubs as of August 2019. See Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupon Policies (2014-2019) for recent policies and procedures.
Drinks chits / coupons (date-stamped) for premium level drinks or bottles of water have been given to AAdvantage Platinum and Executive Platinum members departing on international flights. These guests might be given one or two, and more may be forthcoming if requested later. Some drinks might require two chits.

As well, non-AA oneworld Sapphire and Emerald flyers with Club access are also eligible for premium drinks coupons. In response to a communication from a oneworld member denied a drinks coupon (see atramos below):

- International First class passengers are allowed 2 drink chits (AA International itineraries include travel to/from Asia, Europe, Mexico city, Central & South America)
  • oneworld customers receive one drink chit plus one for a guest
    • Transcontinental passengers do not receive drink chits, nor do those on wholly domestic itineraries
      • Admirals Club members, US Airways Club members and Citi Executive Admirals Club members do not receive drink chits unless they qualify for club access based on their itinerary or oneworld status.
        • Guests may exchange a premium drink chit for any drink this includes a Naked Juice Smoothie or bottled water.

Admirals Club members, and AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum on purely domestic itineraries (even 321T three class transcont) are ineligible for premium drinks coupons (but those in domestic three class F transcons are Flagship Lounge eligible at LAX and JFK, where premium drinks are included).

Print Wikipost

Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019 [Ended]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AA EXP/2mm; UA 1k;
I have a lifetime Qantas club membership and always got two chits before. I've asked bar tender to check a couple of times in past few months and they said there were no coupons attached to my BP. Thanks to ikwia's comment I will ask if they can add them next time
Old Aug 26, 2019, 12:23 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Be aware those AA elite status holders arent entitled to drink chits on domestic itineraries (see the Wikipost). Those receiving them in the past as a courtesy from the Club agents are likely to experience denials if the boarding pass scan is also considering route qualification. This plus possible throttling back to two drink e-chits and the possible snafu resulting in having to return to the admission desk to have the boarding pass drinks enabled are further devaluations to the program.

Someone at AA HQ must be gloating over the undoubted vast savings that will be made denying supposedly valued customers cheap plonk and bottled water.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 1:26 pm

Programs: UA GS 4MM, AA ConciergeKey 2MM, HH Lifetime Diamond
I miss scavenging the club for the paper coupons. Was a great way to stock up on soda and water.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2 Million Miler
I just got off an flight from NRT to DFW, flew in J. My connection was out of terminal A. Stopped in the AC and showed my international ticket, but they told me they no longer give drink coupons for those coming off an international flight. When did this change? Said I had to go to the FL in D, which I didn't want to do due to my tight connection cause by my 5 hour delayed flight out of Tokyo.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by robertablake
I just got off an flight from NRT to DFW, flew in J. My connection was out of terminal A. Stopped in the AC and showed my international ticket, but they told me they no longer give drink coupons for those coming off an international flight. When did this change? Said I had to go to the FL in D, which I didn't want to do due to my tight connection cause by my 5 hour delayed flight out of Tokyo.
I'd request compensation for the 5hr delay at NRT.
Spiff likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Nothing in the overcrowded RDU AC today and no mention at check-in about being able to redeem electronically (flying international J).

Lounge was so crowded it wasn't worth staying anyway but still seems like an intentional omission to reduce usage
Old Aug 30, 2019, 5:57 am

Programs: AA EXP
Was in the CLT AC (Terminal C/D) yesterday and the agents there were insanely nice! The lady told me there were two chits loaded on my BP. I got a beer for myself and randomly bought someone's drink who was ordering a whiskey sour. Pretty painless process. In the past I'd look for someone alone and give them my unused chits. Now I guess I'll have to proactively search for someone ordering.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Duke787
Nothing in the overcrowded RDU AC today and no mention at check-in about being able to redeem electronically (flying international J).

Lounge was so crowded it wasn't worth staying anyway but still seems like an intentional omission to reduce usage
RDU was one of the first clubs to go to the new system. I'm disappointed if the agents aren't telling eligible customers how they can access their free drinks though.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Delta DM, Bonvoy Titanium, Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Club, National Exec something!
Still doing them in 2022?

AA still offering echits assuming qualification in 2022 or is this long gone once the pandemic hit?
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:44 pm

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Shame the jokes about the dragoon not giving a chit will go the way of the dodo bird

Agree chits were limitless.
Old Jul 16, 2022, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, SK EBS
Originally Posted by kesco
AA still offering echits assuming qualification in 2022 or is this long gone once the pandemic hit?
Unfortunately free premium drinks went away at the start of the pandemic and haven't come back.
Antarius likes this.
Old Jul 18, 2022, 12:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ExecPl, AT Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond, National
It's definitely annoying that they don't offer these anymore, at least at stations without a Flagship Lounge for international first and business class guests.
Spiff likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.