Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Admirals Club Drink Chit / Chits / Coupons 2014-2019, Drink Chit Nostalgia

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 7, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
Signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Admirals Clubs offer free soft and "lower shelf" alcoholic beverages to all present.

NOTE: It appears Admirals Clubs will scan boarding passes upon.Club entry and electronic “drink coupons” will be attached to the boarding pass, requiring scanning by the bartender. This appears to be rolling out at Clubs as of August 2019. See Admirals Club Drink Coupons / Chits moving to Boarding Pass scans 2019
Drinks chits / coupons (date-stamped) for premium level drinks or bottles of water have been given to AAdvantage Platinum and Executive Platinum members departing on international flights. These guests might be given one or two, and more may be forthcoming if requested later. Some drinks might require two chits.

As well, non-AA oneworld Sapphire and Emerald flyers with Club access are also eligible for premium drinks coupons. In response to a communication from a oneworld member denied a drinks coupon (see atramos below):

- International First class passengers are allowed 2 drink chits (AA International itineraries include travel to/from Asia, Europe, Mexico city, Central & South America)
  • oneworld customers receive one drink chit plus one for a guest
  • Transcontinental passengers do not receive drink chits, nor do those on wholly domestic itineraries
  • Admirals Club members, US Airways Club members and Citi Executive Admirals Club members do not receive drink chits unless they qualify for club access based on their itinerary or oneworld status.
  • Guests may exchange a premium drink chit for any drink – this includes a Naked Juice Smoothie or bottled water.
Admirals Club members, and AAdvantage Platinum or Executive Platinum on purely domestic itineraries (even 321T three class transcont) are ineligible for premium drinks coupons (but those in domestic three class F transcons are Flagship Lounge eligible at LAX and JFK, where premium drinks are included).
Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2014, 1:04 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC

Came into DFW today after a OW F trip. The agent on duty gave me one drink coupon. I said thank you and mentioned I'd be in the lounge for four hours, she said "oh, you'd better take another drink coupon then"
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by CMK10
Came into DFW today after a OW F trip. The agent on duty gave me one drink coupon. I said thank you and mentioned I'd be in the lounge for four hours, she said "oh, you'd better take another drink coupon then"
But then, you'll have to go back and ask nicely for new coupons to keep you occupied for the remaining 3˝ hours
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
As a OW Sapphire / Qantas Gold, I was told that I am only allowed one drink chit at the AC traveling in coach on a domestic ticket. This was the first time I've heard of a drink chit limit.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA PLT, VS-curious
It does seem like they're reining in on the chits. Where I was once automatically given two, I'm now being handed one every time. If I ask for more I get one, but they don't generally seem pleased.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:46 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Arsey00
It does seem like they're reining in on the chits. Where I was once automatically given two, I'm now being handed one every time. If I ask for more I get one, but they don't generally seem pleased.
What is the policy? Can you imagine going into some other airline's business class lounge and being denied drinks.

Being in the AC as a non AA OW Sapphire is AA's comparable to being in a business class lounge. Those people are accorded rights of business class passengers. Whether I'm flying coach or not, domestic or int'l, shouldn't make a difference.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
Try going to the SAN AC. I got two drink chits for my R/T GRU (First) flight in August and the new policy there only allows me to get "Smirnoff" and "Bacardi" as the premium alcohol. GreyGoose and anything top shelf is not covered.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by AA-Flyer-SAN
Try going to the SAN AC. I got two drink chits for my R/T GRU (First) flight in August and the new policy there only allows me to get "Smirnoff" and "Bacardi" as the premium alcohol. GreyGoose and anything top shelf is not covered.
That's no the policy. The chits are for any premium alcoholic beverage they have.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:04 pm

Programs: AA-EXP; US-Silver; Marriott-Platinum; Starwood-Platinum; Hilton-Gold
They don't accept chits for premium drinks there. Go try it
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:08 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Is SAN still a full Admirals Club? I thought they'd partnered with someone (Airspace maybe?) and so perhaps the rules there are different.
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE
Admirals Club Drink Chit / Coupon Policies (consolidated)

I recall reading a thread about SAN previously that addressed the drink coupon / premium alcohol issue there... I think it had to do with SAN being operated by a third party or something to that effect... Reading this and responding on my phone right now so I can't search for the thread but It wasn't that long ago... It might even be earlier in this thread...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:53 pm

Programs: AAdvantage EXP
LOL... in what world is Smirnoff and Bacardi considered premium. Are the well drinks there DIY from someone's bathtub?
Old Oct 9, 2014, 3:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
SAN A/C is a third party facility, see here for more discussion:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...em-liquor.html
Old Oct 9, 2014, 4:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM/AC; UA Silver; AS; DL; Marriott LTT; National Car Elite
I was on a DFW-ANC a few weeks ago, and the D AC agent gave me drink tickets. Maybe ANC was invaded by a foreign country?
Old Oct 10, 2014, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by MsEverywhere
I was on a DFW-ANC a few weeks ago, and the D AC agent gave me drink tickets. Maybe ANC was invaded by a foreign country?
Not far from it. A now rightly almost forgotten politician said she saw Russia from her kitchen window.
Old Oct 10, 2014, 3:42 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
I'm flying LGA-DFW-HKG as an EXP...will I get drink chits at both LGA and DFW or just DFW?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.