Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug Coming to Flagship First Dining!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 12:07 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Still available for breakfast at LAX on 10 Sep.

Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:53 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by PTahCha
Still available for breakfast at LAX on 10 Sep.

Whew!
robertablake likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Avis PC; Hertz PC; Marriott LT Gold; Hilton Diamond
Nice! Gonna be there tomorrow for an hour (who knew they could turn a 77W from an incoming TCON to an outgoing TPAC in under 2 hours (as per the schedule)?).
Old Sep 12, 2019, 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by HofstraJet
Nice! Gonna be there tomorrow for an hour (who knew they could turn a 77W from an incoming TCON to an outgoing TPAC in under 2 hours (as per the schedule)?).
Well, they haven't done it YET!
(Ha)
dciolli likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:09 pm

Programs: AA EXP
It's impressive (when things go according to schedule), that AA regularly runs a 77W on GRU-MIA // 2-hour turn // MIA-LAX // 2-hour turn // LAX-HND.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 10:15 pm

Yeah, but it stinks when you're on the first two or last two since you have very little time for FFD, one of the few things AA does well. And if you're on the 6 AM MIA-LAX, MIA's FFD doesn't open until 1 PM, so you get nothing but FL. First world problems, for sure.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 10:07 am

Server at LAX FFD wouldn't leave the bottle. His loss - I kept calling him back.

As an experiment, please get Krug (or any quality Champagne) in a traditional flute and in a regular still wine glass. Note the difference in the nose and flavor profile. Much more aromatic and flavorful in the still wine glass. I never drink Champagne from flutes anymore since I was forced to do this experiment.

Cheers!
Old Sep 13, 2019, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Server at LAX FFD wouldn't leave the bottle. His loss - I kept calling him back.

As an experiment, please get Krug (or any quality Champagne) in a traditional flute and in a regular still wine glass. Note the difference in the nose and flavor profile. Much more aromatic and flavorful in the still wine glass. I never drink Champagne from flutes anymore since I was forced to do this experiment.

Cheers!
I did a wine pairing at a very high end restaurant a couple years ago and the champagne was served in a still glass. I guess they thought for this wine the aroma was more important than the bubbles (which will dissipate faster than in a flute), possibly because it wasn't a huge pour.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.