Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Krug Coming to Flagship First Dining!!!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:02 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
Remember they have that new sommelier now as mentioned from the picture of the menu in another thread.

Newsroom - Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey to Lead American Wine Program - American Airlines Group, Inc.

I have to think this is related to the new person. I can't see it as just a coincidence.
Gino Troian likes this.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 9:33 pm
Original Poster

No LPGS or Krug on DFW-HKG. Flying LHR-MIA on 9/14, will report back. Crossing my fingers for Krug
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:14 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Ah yes, you're correct. I remember when they served Krug at Al Safwa but that ended very quickly!

Haven't been flying nearly as long as you guys, but wow, some very impressive champs used to be served!
QR used to serve Krug in the Al Mourjan lounge before the Al Safwa opened. They also served it in the bar on the A380. Both of those are long gone.

Maybe AA bought their leftover stock.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:16 am

Programs: Platinum Pro. .Hilton Honors Gold,
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
No LPGS or Krug on DFW-HKG. Flying LHR-MIA on 9/14, will report back. Crossing my fingers for Krug
The Krug will stay on the ground because non revs aren’t allowed in Lounges. 😂
ijgordon and Gino Troian like this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Originally Posted by rasheed
Remember they have that new sommelier now as mentioned from the picture of the menu in another thread.

Newsroom - Master Sommelier Bobby Stuckey to Lead American Wine Program - American Airlines Group, Inc.

I have to think this is related to the new person. I can't see it as jus1t a coincidence.
I'm sure Ken Chase is lingering somewhere, plotting his revenge...
jcatman likes this.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 5:47 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
I wonder if CX will now have to pay AA more for their F pax accessing the FFD at JFK due to this expensive upgrade?

The reason they might be refraining from offering it onboard is that someone at AA stumbled across the following classic FT post- 8 bottles of Dom from LAX-BKK on SQ in F

All kidding aside, this is a nice move on part of AA, although I doubt I will personally get many opportunities to benefit from this offering.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 2:24 pm

Saw a pic of the glorious Krug bottle in JFK Flagship Dining this morning on Facebook! It looks like it is here!

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
The reason they might be refraining from offering it onboard is that someone at AA stumbled across the following classic FT post- 8 bottles of Dom from LAX-BKK on SQ in F
What an epic report! In all seriousness, though, I think this poster was onto something:

Originally Posted by D3KingAmerican
The Krug will stay on the ground because non revs aren’t allowed in Lounges. 😂
CX doesn't allow NRSA travel in F, and I'm willing to bet SQ doesn't either. With such a large volume of F travel being non-revenue, I wonder if AA would find it sustainable to offer Krug in F.
Gino Troian and D3Kingg like this.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 2:14 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Wonderful. In what do you think they serve it? Proper wine glasses or in those tumblers?
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:21 am

Programs: AA-EXP, Flying Blue-Silver
Originally Posted by Fraser
I am genuinely staggered and impressed in equal measure.

It must be some time since any US carrier served a champagne as pricey as Krug on the ground.
My thoughts exactly! I enjoyed Krug on a couple of AF F flights this summer, but this is a huge, huge, positive move by AA! Bravo!
Old Sep 11, 2018, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Wonderful. In what do you think they serve it? Proper wine glasses or in those tumblers?
AA's Flagship Dining room (and Flagship Lounge) offers proper glassware for champagne and wine. I recently dined in AA's LAX Flagship Dining room, and I found it to be a genuinely premium experience. AA has done well with it!

Also, AA has stemmed glassware in their 3-class F cabins, including proper champagne glasses.
Old Sep 11, 2018, 10:06 pm

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
I was thinking beer bong. Straight to the bloodstream!
PUCCI GALORE and Gino Troian like this.
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:43 am

Does anyone know if KRUG is yet in the MIA First Flagship Dining area? Great to hear that JFK has it
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by RTW4
Does anyone know if KRUG is yet in the MIA First Flagship Dining area? Great to hear that JFK has it
I will be at the MIA FFD on Friday and JFK FFD on Saturday. Will report back - crossing my fingers!
Old Sep 12, 2018, 4:54 am

Thanks a million... Safe travels
Old Sep 14, 2018, 8:52 pm
Original Poster

Yes!!! Beautiful nectar of Krug served at MIA from now on. Will report back for JFK FFD tomorrow night. Bravo AA!
ryan182 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.