Krug Coming to Flagship First Dining!!!

Old Sep 6, 2018, 8:57 pm
Original Poster

Krug Coming to Flagship First Dining!!!

Cool new addition to FFD: Krug champs. Supposedly starting this weekend. Curious if AA 3-Cabin F will start serving Krug as well?

Well done AA.

Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:01 pm

Location: Live: PWM/KBXM/BGR; Work: DCA/DFW/Everywhere; Play: LAS/MUC/MLE
Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Holy cow that's great. I've got an LAX and two JFKs in a couple weeks. Looking forward to that for sure!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:04 pm

Programs: American EXP; British Airways Gold
"Well done AA" if the Champagne is served at the proper temperature.

That's not happening right now at the Flagship Lounge in JFK and LAX. I've only seen Champagne properly iced at ORD.

Report back on what you experience inside the FFD.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jcatman
"Well done AA" if the Champagne is served at the proper temperature.

That's not happening right now at the Flagship Lounge in JFK and LAX. I've only seen Champagne properly iced at ORD.

Report back on what you experience inside the FFD.
Never had an issue with any of the FFD lounges; not sure about the general Flagship Lounge, as I know they have champs in open air coolers. Food, service and drinks were perfect this evening at MIA FFD. No Krug served due to a stockpile of Bollinger, but waitress confirmed they will start serving Krug on either Friday evening or Saturday.

Flying DFW-HKG in F tomorrow - will report back if Krug is on offer onboard.

Cheers!
Old Sep 6, 2018, 9:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I am genuinely staggered and impressed in equal measure.

It must be some time since any US carrier served a champagne as pricey as Krug on the ground.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K (until it expires then never again), *wood Plat, Marriott Gold
Wow....amazing. Hope it lasts.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Fraser
I am genuinely staggered and impressed in equal measure.

It must be some time since any US carrier served a champagne as pricey as Krug on the ground.
On board makes sense - but to serve it on ground is a whole different level. QR/CX/JL/BA/MH doesn't even allow for top-tier champs on ground - only on board! Very impressive. Seems like AA is really improving their AA F experience from check-in to lounge to dining. Now if they can retire all the Susans who put in 5% effort in F and replace them with young, excited flight attendants, AA might be able to compete with its OW partners.
btonkid12345 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 2:37 am

Programs: AA EXP
Bravo. Now to pray it lasts on the AA company budget until my next LAX/LHR F trip in January
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, mlife Noir, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
Never had an issue with any of the FFD lounges; not sure about the general Flagship Lounge, as I know they have champs in open air coolers. Food, service and drinks were perfect this evening at MIA FFD. No Krug served due to a stockpile of Bollinger, but waitress confirmed they will start serving Krug on either Friday evening or Saturday.

Flying DFW-HKG in F tomorrow - will report back if Krug is on offer onboard.

Cheers!

Hoping this excitement isn't premature -- did you get insight that the Krug will be FFD-systemwide and not just at MIA?
Old Sep 7, 2018, 5:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Originally Posted by Gino Troian
On board makes sense - but to serve it on ground is a whole different level. QR/CX/JL/BA/MH doesn't even allow for top-tier champs on ground - only on board! Very impressive.
BA do serve Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle in the LHR Concorde Room as well as in the air. They were serving it at the JFK Concorde Room for a while too.

QR did serve Krug on the ground in the old premium class terminal at DOH.
zzm likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:08 am

BA do serve Laurent Perrier Grand Siecle in the LHR Concorde Room as well as in the air. They were serving it at the JFK Concorde Room for a while too.

+1. And BA served Perrier Jout Belle Epoque both in the CCR and onboard back before LPGS took over, when the CCR was still in its youth.

But the real high end stuff, like JL's Salon (while it lasted), was always onboard only, I think.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Admirals Club Member, HHonors
Awesome! I'm headed to JFK FFD in late October - hopefully on the menu then!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
+1. And BA served Perrier Jout Belle Epoque both in the CCR and onboard back before LPGS took over, when the CCR was still in its youth.

But the real high end stuff, like JL's Salon (while it lasted), was always onboard only, I think.
Whilst I don't recall BA serving PJ BE (the LPGS has been ubiquitous with some others mixed in in addition since about 2011) they have had some pretty high end stuff especially if you want to go back to the CCR's "youth". In the Concorde days it was a lot more of a mixed bag and on occasion you might see serious vintage Krug such as Clos du Mesnil in the T4 CCR.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 8:31 am
Original Poster

Ah yes, you're correct. I remember when they served Krug at Al Safwa but that ended very quickly!

Haven't been flying nearly as long as you guys, but wow, some very impressive champs used to be served!
Old Sep 7, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Maybe AA got a good deal on a load of cases as I think CX isn't serving the NV stuff on board anymore (they've stepped it up even higher IIRC).

Will be interesting to see what changes may be made on board. Internationally they were doing LPGS for a while (a notch below Krug I guess), not sure the latest. But in Transcon F it was pretty low-end - Lanson Black Label IIRC (though this was a year or two ago).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.