Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, AA Exec Plat
LAX/SNA-EWR with lie flats please.
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA PLT
Originally Posted by scubadu
In fairness, the thread is titled "Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?" not which route has a solid, profit driven business case to (re)start

Regards
The good news is that if you believe some of the recent comments coming out of AA, having a solid, profit-driven business case is not a requirement for many routes on AA!
Old Jun 26, 2018, 7:59 pm

Programs: AA, UA and DL
PHX-BDL (LUS route the last time it was flown).. we live in Phoenix and have family in CT (who have a second home in Tucson).. we all surely enjoy seeing CLT/DFW/ORD/PHL on a frequent basis.. but a nonstop is always nice too.. right?
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by USFFjer
PHX-BDL (LUS route the last time it was flown).. we live in Phoenix and have family in CT (who have a second home in Tucson).. we all surely enjoy seeing CLT/DFW/ORD/PHL on a frequent basis.. but a nonstop is always nice too.. right?
Depending on where you are going to in CT, Have you considered just flying to BOS or NYC? The drive has got to be easier than the connection.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA CK, UA GS, DL 360, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by ellinj
Depending on where you are going to in CT, Have you considered just flying to BOS or NYC? The drive has got to be easier than the connection.
It all depends on what time of day you arrive in BOS or LGA/JFK: given that a west coast connection is likely to arrive late-afternoon through mid-evening, you have slog down I-90/I-84 (ex-BOS) or I-95 or various parkways and I-91 (ex-LGA/JFK).

I swear, whoever designed the highways around Hartford hated cars and made the most passive-aggressive case for public transportation that has ever existed.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 5:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA EXP, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
DCA-SAN
AA gave it up after the merger, so the long distance slot could be used to offer a second daily flight from DCA-LAX. Much more traffic on that route. Problem is AA then cancel one of its IAD-LAX flights, with the 2nd DCA-LAX. I guess UA gets most of the IAD-LAX traffic. AA has no feeder connections for IAD-LAX.
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 8:06 pm

Programs: AA, UA and DL
Screwed up the quote thing - this is responding to ellinj:

Suburbs west of Hartford so BDL is most convenient (20 mins from my family's place - and able to avoid 91/84) - I've done redeyes into Newark and grabbed Amtrak up to New Haven a couple times if BDL was priced really outrageously.. which fortunately it really isn't anymore.
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2018, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Please reinstates PHX-FLL nonstop. All they want go to FLL for next cruise trips.
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 6:15 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Now that this has evolved to wishing anything...

MIA-HKG (though I would be happy about a CX flight which might actually happen at some point)
MIA-TLV

Now to the fantasies

MIA-MAA, preferably with a F cabin ;-)
though MIA-BOM would work too
MIA-KBP
MIA-any Moscow airport
MIA-OTP
MIA-VIE
MIA-DUS
MIA-NRT
Old Jun 28, 2018, 8:14 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by flying_geek

MIA-HKG (though I would be happy about a CX flight which might actually happen at some point)
MIA-TLV

Now to the fantasies

MIA-KBP
MIA-any Moscow airport
MIA-OTP
MIA-VIE
MIA-DUS
MIA-NRT
Hmm. Are you perhaps based out of MIA?
AANYC1981 likes this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 9:46 am
JTK

Programs: AAdvantage EP
I would like to see JFK-NRT back. The JAL flights are nice but I can't use my SWU on those flights.
AANYC1981 and Finsup72 like this.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 7:11 pm

I got my hopes up when I saw on the news that AA was to announce a new flight from here today. Too bad it's a third daily R/T to ORD which I guess is a good thing for our small regional airport as it shows the traffic is increasing. Maybe they'll use a CR7 which would be a nice upgrade from the E145s they normally use.
Old Jun 28, 2018, 10:55 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
The Port Authority’s perimeter rule for La Guardia is 1,500 miles. The rule does not apply to flights on Saturday and flights to and from Denver, so I'd like to see LGA -> SFO and LGA -> LAX on Saturdays. Maybe LGA -> HNL just for good measure ;-)
Old Jun 29, 2018, 1:31 am

Programs: DL Plat 1MM, AA EXP 3MM, SQ Krisflyer Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LTT, HH Gold
Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Hmm. Are you perhaps based out of MIA?
well, I didn't dare wish for those flights to originate from FLL ;-)
E55 likes this.
Old Jun 29, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: UA Million Mile, Mileage Plus Premier 1K, SkyMiles Gold Medallion, AAdvantage Gold
Originally Posted by flying_geek

MIA-TLV

Now to the fantasies

MIA-KBP
MIA-any Moscow airport
MIA-OTP
MIA-VIE
MIA-DUS
MIA-NRT
MIA airport is in talks with CX about a MIA-HKG flight and JL about a MIA-NRT flight (although they have been talking for a while at this point and nothing has happened). El Al started MIA-TLV, OS flies MIA-VIE, SU flies MIA-SVO, and EW flies MIA-DUS. All you need is MIA-KBP/OTP/MAA and to not strictly fly AA and you are set.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.