Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > American Airlines | AAdvantage
Reload this Page >

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which nonstop route(s) do you wish American would (re)start?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:04 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Hilton, Hyatt, IHG, Marriott
AUS-YVR
AUS-HNL
AUS-DCA, if they get a perimeter exemption
AUS-DUB
LAX-TPE
allset2travel and aztimm like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:04 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
I'd like to see more flights from AUS to PHL, CLT, and MIA.
And while we're at it, I'd also like flights from DFW to some of the cities in the northeast US that were old US Airways cities.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA, CX, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by muishkin
Definitely not going to happen but I love see JFK to SIN on an A350 in AA colors.
Agree with the not going to happen and A350...The JFK - SE Asia except Japan (HKG, BKK, SIN) seems to be serving CX pretty well on the other hand.

Last edited by andersonCooper; Jun 19, 2018 at 4:30 pm
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3MM, DL GM, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by swingaling
For that matter, I'd like to see PVD-LGA/JFK. It's only 180 miles away, but getting to NYC from PVD (on AA) currently is a huge hassle. Either drive to BOS and deal with that whole mess or endure some asinine routing like PVD-PHL-DCA-LGA. Given the choice, I'd probably take the train. Given that UA charges over $500 for PVD-EWR, there's certainly demand for this route.
Why not just drive to Rhode Island directly? Everyone I know who goes to RI from NYC simply drives or takes the train (one exception -- a guy with a private plane in Teterboro). It would be similar to ask AA to start BDL-NYC. It just doesn't make sense, as most people simply drive there or take the 3-hour Amtrak. Connecting in NYC is asking for trouble, and there is limited OD demand for these short New England routings. It can take longer to get to the airport in NYC then to get halfway through Connecticut.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: DM, AA, UA,HH,Priority, Amtrak, Starwwod, BA, Marriott
Absolutely! Flights to Europe that bypass LHR would be the best. I also agree with going to LGW; MNA also would be nice.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4MM, SPG Platinum
FLL and MIA

Would love these back
FLL-LAX
FLL-LGA

Also, very few options on AA metal, MIA to Europe.
ronp101 likes this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:30 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
AA really underserves the Bay Area. Of four airports, only SFO has flights to its closest hub at LAX.

Although it would be great to reinstate the SFO-HNL flight, connecting the ancillary Bay Area airports (SJC,OAK, STS) with LAX and ORD would really improve the overall AA value proposition here.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 4:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP
NYC-STT
NYC-SJU

I initially joined AAdvantage because of its Caribbean service years ago. Very disappointed it has barely any non-stops from NYC now. PHL is too far a drive.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 5:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott Bonvoy Titanium| Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
AA really underserves the Bay Area. Of four airports, only SFO has flights to its closest hub at LAX.

Although it would be great to reinstate the SFO-HNL flight, connecting the ancillary Bay Area airports (SJC,OAK, STS) with LAX and ORD would really improve the overall AA value proposition here.
AA flies LAX-SJC...
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:13 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
Originally Posted by Antarius
AA flies LAX-SJC...
Not with Mainline.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:41 pm

Programs: AA EXP
MIA-PWM
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
Originally Posted by worldwidedreamer
Not with Mainline.
Honestly, on a run from SJC-LAX, I'd rather it be on a E-175. Except that the E-175 parks at the Eagles Nest..... Drat.
worldwidedreamer and Antarius like this.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 6:55 pm

Programs: AAdavantage Member
I wish SAT would get some love. Would love a JFK/LGA
DCA
but I doubt we would get it as a perimeter thing, despite the huge military presence.
Would love MEX as well
Also DFW-MNL/CEB
I believe AA did fly to the Philippines at one point not sure from what port.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by IADCAflyer
Honestly, on a run from SJC-LAX, I'd rather it be on a E-175. Except that the E-175 parks at the Eagles Nest..... Drat.
You hit the nail on the head here, the problem isn't the SFO/SJC-LAX aircraft, but the remote terminal.
What about SFO to ANYWHERE INTERNATIONAL, esp. LHR, so we don't have to fly BA.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Well selfishly I’d love a PHX - BNA, OKC, MSN, and anywhere in Europe that’s not on BA metal. Just flights I seem to fly a lot that I have to currently connect.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.